Defying Gravity

i n s p i r a t i o n - a drabble collection

Prompt: #46 Defy
Pairing: Jongin / Kyungsoo
Length: 200 words


 

“What do you think it’s like?”

“Hm?”

“Being a bird.” Kyungsoo stared up at the sky, “Defying gravity.

Jongin replied, “I’m not sure.”

Jongin saw a bird float past, its wings open wide, the wind carrying it somewhere far away. He closed his eyes and imagined himself as a bird. The wind flowing past him, lifting him off the ground and taking him to a distant land. He opened his eyes again and saw Kyungsoo staring down at him. Jongin jumped, causing Kyungsoo to chuckle.

Kyungsoo pulled his knees up to his chest and asked, “If you could fly, where would you go?”

Jongin pursed his lips and murmured, “You ask too many questions.”

Kyungsoo gave him a look. He stretched out his arms, as if he was trying to take in the whole sky, and said, “I would go everywhere. I would travel the expanse of the sky and all the lands below.”

Jongin nodded slowly and stared at Kyungsoo’s serene expression. Jongin smiled and scooted closer to him. They both stared up at the sky as birds flew by.

Even if I could defy gravity, I would never leave your side.

 


A/N: I fail at romantic stuff. OTL It was still fun to write though. Haha! I hope you guys enjoyed!