Time

i n s p i r a t i o n - a drabble collection

Prompt: [link]
Pairing: Kris / Yixing
Genre: sad, romance

Length: 395 words


Time was running out. Kris turned the corner of a dark alley to avoid being seen, his breath coming out in ragged pants. He grasped onto his pocket watch and held it against his chest. White flashed before his eyes and he fell to his knees, gasping in pain.

            “Please, I need more time. Just enough to see him.” Kris thought, fresh tears sprung from his eyes.

            The pain seized and he pulled himself up.

            “Only a couple more blocks to go.”

Kris emerged from the alleyways into a quiet neighborhood, his eyes scanning the multiple houses until he saw the one he knew oh so well. His heart clenched in his chest and cold sweat speckled his brow. Kris stumbled across the street to the house. He fell onto the concrete steps, pocket watch falling from his grasp. It landed with a clink onto the last step, the seconds slowly ticking away.

            “Yixing…” Kris managed to call, desperately pulling himself towards the wooden door.

Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing Yixing dressed in a gray t- and pajama pants. His eyes met Kris’ and his mouth fell open.

            “K-Kris? Is that you?” Yixing asked, scared that he was dreaming.

Kris nodded and smiled through his obvious pain. Yixing quickly helped him up and hugged him.

            “I thought I was never going to see you again!” Yixing cried into Kris’ broad chest.

            Kris smiled as tears fell down his cheeks, “I love you, Yixing.”

            Yixing sniffled and replied, “I love you too, Kris.”

He pulled Yixing into a passionate kiss. Once they separated, they just held each other with content smiles on their faces. Another flash of white overtook Kris and sent him cringing in pain.

            “Y-Yixing, I’m out of time.” Kris gasped.

            “W-What?” Yixing asked, eyes wide. Then realization hit him and he frowned, “You made a deal, didn’t you?”

When Kris didn’t respond, Yixing burst into tears and a fit of anger and sadness.

            “Why would you do that?” Yixing sobbed, wanting to hold Kris and never let go.

            Kris smiled a sad smile, “Because I needed to see you one last time.”

            “You idiot.” Yixing cried, hitting Kris lightly, “But, I still love you, I always will.”

Kris kissed Yixing again, a soft kiss that would lie eternally on Yixing’s lip, their last kiss.

            “I love you too, Zhang Yixing.”

The pocket watch counted down the seconds.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

Gone.


A/N: I AM SO SORRY. ;A; I was in the mood to write something tragic today. I was on the verge of tears writing the last sentences. I hope you enjoyed it anyways!