Shooting Stars

i n s p i r a t i o n - a drabble collection

Prompt: [link]
Pairing: Jongin / Kyungsoo
Genre: slight!romance?
Length: 240 words


Kyungsoo picked up a round bottle that rested on Jongin’s dresser. He examined it; it had the words ‘shooting stars’ painted on the front.

            “What is this, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked.

Jongin turned around and walked back into his room from the balcony.

            He took the bottle from Kyungsoo’s hands gently and replied with a smile, “It’s my bottle of shooting stars.”

His eyes sparkled as he stared at the bottle.

            “What is it for?” Kyungsoo whispered.

            Jongin smirked and held onto Kyungsoo’s hand, “Let me show you.”

He pulled Kyungsoo out onto the balcony, turning off the light. Kyungsoo looked up at the sky, it filled with glistening stars and a crescent moon. It was mesmerizing. Jongin put the bottle on the edge of the balcony and tugged Kyungsoo’s sleeve lightly. They both sat down and Kyungsoo looked at the bottle of shooting stars with curiosity.

            “Wha-“ Kyungsoo started but Jongin put a finger to his lips.

They observed the bottle in silence, when it started to glow. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in awe and Jongin couldn’t help but smile. Its yellowish glow was comforting and amazing at the same time, it was as if the bottle was really filled with shooting stars. Kyungsoo rested his head on Jongin’s shoulder and Jongin let out a content sigh, the light glow of the bottle giving them both a sense of hope.