Chapter 1: Good Bye Vegas; Hello PARIS FREAKIN’ FRANCE!

Me & The Prince of Fools

“I’m in love with you. I’ve always been in love with you, Evangeline.” His whisper crept down from my ear to my neck causing goose bumps to rise. His voice was soft and seemed eternally warm. I was frozen in place against the wall. My white collar shirt wrinkled against the pressure of his embrace. I looked up to find the warmest chocolate eyes that seemed to melt in my gaze. His black hair swiped to the left and framed his pale creamy skin.

“Jae Joong…” I whispered as came closer to his lips but suddenly stopped as everything disappeared.

“YAH! Evangeline get your out of bed and double check your packing!” I heard my mom yell through the door as she continued walking down the hall. I groaned in frustration.

“I just had an amazing dream. Mama you jerk.” I said beneath my pillow before I suddenly jumped up in my bed. WHO IN THE WORLD WAS IN MY DREAM?! I DON’T EVEN KNOW A PERSON NAMED JAE BOOM OR WHATEVER! I shook my head as I punched it for punishment. Is that what my friends call a wet dream? Eww…so not going to think more into that area. I sat there going through my agony of having such a disturbing dream but finally came to a silent end. “It was hot though… Is there anyone in the world who would look so amazing and yet say ‘I love you’ to me in this stupid lifetime?” I pondered.

“Uh no.” I heard a familiar annoying voice of evil and death of all good things.

“WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN HERE YOU TURD?!?!” I screamed to the top of my lungs as I tackled what I called a monster for sister.

“Hey chill! CHILL!” I heard her yell as I elbowed her in the mouth.

“MOOM MEI IS IN MY ROOM DISTURBING THE PEACE!!” I yelled through the door as loud as I could before I heard mom yell back a string of very unpleasant words I must say.

“FINE! I won’t come in here anymore. I just wanted to mess with you before you went to the place of snail eating snobs! (A/N: no offense to the French)” She screamed on her way out of my room. I screamed in frustration.

“THANK GOSH I’M LEAVING YOUR SORRY BEHIND!” I yelled through the door as I walked to the bathroom to wash up for my noon flight to Paris, France. YES PEOPLE I’M HEADING TO PARIS FREAKING FRANCE! My mood began to lighten in anticipation to head on an airplane for the first time and staying with a French host family for my high school senior year adventure! I stared at my reflection as I sighed. I was finally a senior and soon to be graduate! Evangeline Min Lee will be a great name in the business industry once I get my career started. My dream of starting a South Korean record label and having it among the great names of the industry like YG ENTERTAINMENT and JYP ENTERTAINMENT is just mind blowing in itself. I know it seems crazy but hey all great people in our history books were seen to be crazy by other people before they crushed the nonbelievers with their new discoveries and the like.

I sang loudly to Big Bang’s new song “Stupid Liar” that played in the car with the help of my handy dandy iPhone surround sound connecter thingy (thanks to grammy). I sang as bad as I could before I heard my sister’s yell of agony. Yep. Torture sister before departure: check!

“Mom you’re dropping me outside of the airport right? You have work soon.” I said as I turned down the volume missing T.O.P’s rap.

“Yes honey, I’m sorry we couldn’t walk you to the departure gate.” She said as I nodded.

“It’s fine. I’ll call after the flight.” I said as I got out and grabbed my luggage with the help of my dad.

“Bye Dad! I’ll miss you! Thanks for the help in my funds” I said as I hugged him.

“Bye. I love you.” He said as he let go to let mom have a turn.

“Bye! You better study hard in that business program in France! Love you!” She said as I laughed and nodded as I gave her a hug.

“Bye ugly.” I heard my sister say as she looked away. I could see she was trying so hard not to cry. Haha.

“Bye dummy. I’m sending you nothing for Christmas.” I said as I grabbed her into a hug. I laughed as I let go and grabbed my things.

“Go check in before you’re late. You have an hour so you can go wait and grab something to eat.” I heard dad say as I nodded and waved another bye as I saw them turn around the curb. I gathered myself and entered MacCarren Airport.

“Soon it’ll be good bye Vegas and hello Paris, France!” I squealed as I got into line for the check in.

I know I might be getting ahead of myself but to get everybody caught up. My name is Evangeline Min Lee and I am 17 years old going on 18 in a few months! I took leave from my last year in high school for a foreign exchange program in Paris, France. I was accepted for an entertainment business program at an elite private school which was not cheap (at all). With a bunch of months of sweat and tears, here I am on my way to explore Paris and its wonderfulness (except for eating snails-not for me). I am half French and Korean but some people say I look more Asian than French. The only way you could tell I wasn’t full Asian was because I have my dad’s bright blue eyes that sometimes change into a pale light blue. I am considerably tall but some have teased me for being fun sized. I sighed as I finally sat down with my already checked in luggage. I held a cup of Starbucks in my hand as I sipped some caramel frapaccino. “Flight #3078 to Paris will board in 10 minutes.” I heard the announcer say as I smiled. Soon I’ll be out of here. I grabbed my things and dropped my cup into the trash. Time to leave. I walked to the gate before I was bumped from behind by a person in a rush.

“Sorry babe.” I heard an accent in a boy’s voice as I glanced beside me to find a guy in a black hoody and black shades covering his pale looking face with an annoying smirk. He bowed quickly as he walked ahead to a group of others who seemed to have worn hoodies as well as sun glasses that seemed to cover their faces. What the heck??