IV,

Blue Necktie

 

The following day, Hyuna woke up from her slumber which lasted for only 3 hours. She was ecstatic and energetic the following day because of the kiss she received from Joseph and the time she spent with him. Hyuna was feeling high sprung and ready to take on the day, or shall I say night.

Hyuna’s day activities were normal ones, ones typical girls do. Right now, she was out and about the street, heading for the convenience store to buy some of her daily needs. With the allowance her mother gave her, along with the money she already had earned from ion, she did her mini grocery. With her hair tied up in a bun, exposing her forehead, she was clad in a white long sleeved shirt, skinny jeans and white Chucks. Looking very decent and ordinary, a far cry from her promiscuous, sultry get up the previous night. She went inside the very same convenience store where she bought her 2 bottles of soju which she ultimately gagged up.

Inside, Hyuna started picking the foods and drinks that she needed in her apartment, most of which were junk food and alcoholic drinks which, in reality, were banned by the campus as well as the landladies. Since the school and the apartment never really stuck to inspecting the goods students brought in, anything was smuggled inside, even once before. But Hyuna was no druggie. All she needed was some beer.

“This all you’re taking honey?” asked the cashier. Hyuna smiled and nodded. Realizing that it was already morning, she looked at the cashier who seemed to have recognized her.

“How are you feeling? Puked out all the beer this morning, huh?” then, Hyuna realized that the cashier did remember her.

“Uhm...”she couldn’t answer properly. The cashier smirked.

“You’re a hooker, aren’t you?” she asked in a low voice.

“Yeah. I guess?” Hyuna played innocent but she knew she was. She just wasn’t confident to bring up the idea of her other identity in the daylight.

“You ought to be careful with who you hitch a ride and with, darling.” warned the cashier.

“Why? AIDS? Yeah I know that already. My life is worthless, has always been that way. It doesn’t matter if I get AIDS. It’s a risk I’m taking for the money. Helping my mom out here.” she explained sarcastically.

“Okay one, it’s not AIDS I’m warning you about. Word is a serial killer’s on the loose. Two women were found dead at separate locations, both college girls or girls around your age. Police couldn’t identify him yet cause there was no DNA. But one thing’s for sure-“

“Girl, please.” Hyuna was really annoyed that a cashier was telling her how to life her life. “Please. I’m old enough to decide for myself. This is my-“

“Seriously, now child.” the facial expression on the face of the cashier turned serious. Hyuna, too turned serious and paid attention as well.

“This man is a dangerous one. What he did to those girls was brutal and what are the chances he’ll do it to you?! You’re out on the street at night, picking random strangers up, getting hitches from random strangers. What if by chance you get into his car?”

“What’s his car look like?” asked Hyuna, handing her the cash and suddenly becoming interested in their conversation.

“Nobody knows, sweetie.” the cashier replied, taking the cash and giving Hyuna her change. “Just be careful. If I were you, quit this job and go find another, more decent and safer one. Lessens your risk of getting AIDS.”

“I’ll take your word for it. But I don’t think I’d do that right now.” Hyuna suddenly reverted back into her sarcastic self. “I’m making a truck load of money with this job. I get paid big. I’m good, ya’ll. See ya!” Hyuna grabbed her grocery bag and exited the store. While walking back to her dorm, she heard a gaggle of girls talking about it, some girls from her college.

“Oh my God. There’s a killer on the loose.” Tiffany cried.

“Okay, we have to not go out at night, alright. Gimmick break.” Jessica said. Hyuna arched her eyebrow and looked at them, a disturbed thought coming up in her head.

I’d like to be .  Hyuna thought to herself. She then realized what she had just said and shook it off, after being creeped out. Hyuna hurriedly gathered her things and headed straight to her apartment to drop them off. Then, she would take a long walk around the city to amuse herself and possibly catch a glimpse of Joseph riding around the block.

[AT HYUNA’S HOMETOWN]

Stacy Kim was so worried about Joseph. He was out all night and hadn’t returned yet. Fearing that something might’ve happened to him, she decided to play the role of a responsible girlfriend and tried to call him but just as she was about to reach for her phone, she heard Joseph’s car park right in front of her house. Stacy sighed in relief but did not know whether to get angry or to calmly welcome him home.

“Joseph! Oh thank God you’re home!” Stacy decided that the latter was better. She ran into Joseph’s arms and embraced him. Joseph hugged her back and couldn’t be any happier to be home in her arms again. However, he had a secret that he would not dare tell her.

“Where have you been?!” asked Stacy worriedly. Joseph shrugged and placed his hands in his pockets.

“Out and about. Did some wandering, soul searching. Nothing serious, though. Just needed to some me time. I had a few drinks but I didn’t get too drunk.” Joseph said. The more he looked into Stacy’s eyes, the more of Hyuna he saw. Though Joseph loved Stacy a great deal, it was her daughter that he was silently lusting after. And the funny part of it was, he didn’t even know that Stacy was Hyuna’s mom. He just passed it off as an uncanny similarity.

Maybe I’m just starting to see Stacy everywhere. Joseph thought to himself. All the while he was with his girlfriend, all he could think about was the beautiful young lady he picked up last night.

Something in my mind tells me that I should murder that little ...but another side tells me I should keep her by my side...long enough. Joseph’s violent thoughts were eating him up but he tried to push them to the back of his mind.

Later on, while Stacy was busy gardening, Joseph headed to the garage and remembered the severed head that he kept in the plastic bag. He sneakily went to the garage, opened the back of the car and took it out. There it was, still bloody and smelly. Joseph did not feel disgusted rather he felt accomplished. To reward himself, he carefully covered the head of the first victim, along with the head of the latest victim in big towels and sneakily entered the house so as not for his girlfriend to see. Stacy was in oblivion to his actions and since the house had a back entrance, Joseph decided to pass there, just in case his wife decided to pass through the front. With the plastic bags in hand, covered by a towel, Joseph ran all the way down to the basement and locked himself inside, thus revealing another side of him that nobody knew.

Meanwhile in the apartment, Hyuna was all alone, using her laptop and drinking some soju when she heard a knock on her door.

“Hold on!” Hyuna hollered. She stood up from the bed and put her laptop down to answer the door. It was Sohee, one of her close friends.

“Oh hi Sohee. What brings you  here?” asked Hyuna. Sohee smiled and entered her friend’s disorganized pad.

“Nothing. I was getting kinda bored, all my friends went home to their families and II’m the only one here. Bout you? Aren’t you going home to your mom?”

“Nah. I can’t do that sweetie. I have work to do.” Hyuna forgot that it was  a Sunday and that there was no work.

“Girl, it’s Sunday. Nobody works on a Sunday.” Sohee reminded her. Hyuna almost slipped and said,

“Oh yeah. And maybe because I just don’t feel like going home.” Hyuna said. “I kinda like it here.”

“You don’t feel homesick?” asked Sohee. Hyuna shook her head.

“I got the freedom to do what I want here!” Hyuna said. She took her bottle of beer and drank it straight up.

“Want some?” asked Hyuna. Sohee’s look was a look of fright.

“You drink beer here? Hyuna, that’s illegal! You’ll get kicked out!” Sohee warned. Hyuna shrugged her shoulders as she reached for another bottle.

“They don’t give two s about the next person that drinks, let alone smuggles in here.”

“You smugg-“

“That wasn’t me. Someone else did and I think he’s still here.” Hyuna said, popping the top of the bottle and was about to take a sip when she looked at Sohee with mischief in her eyes.

“Want some beer? C’mon! It’s Sunday, we’re bored! Give it a try! You can’t be timid forever you know!” Hyuna teased. Sohee was always weak in her knees when Hyuna teased or tempted her to do something.

“Okay, fine! But if I get drunk-“

“If you get drunk, we make out! Okay?” Hyuna teased. “C’mon, dear. It’s just one bottle, you can’t possibly get drunk on one bottle!”

“Fine!” Sohee giggled and accepted the bottle. She first took a sip, then got further and further until she reached the half of it. Sohee couldn’t take the taste.

“It’s so ing bitter!” Sohee violently said as she handed the bottle back to Hyuna. “I can’t believe you can actually finish one bottle! Hell, I can’t even grapple with half of it!”

“Hahaha. Goody two shoes!” Hyuna teased. She accepted the bottle and drank it straight up, having only half of it present.

“You are too funny!” Sohee said.

“And you are too timid. Loosen up a bit, will you?! I’m taking you clubbing tonight!”

“Clubbing?!” Sohee’s face suddenly turned worried.

“Yeah. Look for some hot guys, bang a couple of ‘em. Y’know.”

“Hey, speaking of guys...” a naughty look came on Sohee’s face. Hyuna knew what this meant and thus she was quick to retort.

“Oh no, come on Sohee!”

“I heard Hyunseung comes here often.”

“I heard so, too.” Hyuna answered smartly. “And have you heard that I do not answer him?”

“Why not? Seems nice! Kinda on the unattractive side, yes, but he’s a nice guy. Very helpful. He’s running for psych representative, though.” Sohee said.

“I don’t give a if he runs for president one day. I will never like him!” Hyuna indignantly said, keeping her feet firmly on the ground. “Besides, I met a guy!”

“Oh really? When?!”

“I went out last night. I was outside drinking some beer when a handsome American stranger pulled over in his maroon Mercedes and gave me a ride home. I wasn’t sleepy yet so we had a getting to know you joyride around the city and when I was finally sleepy, he drove me back to the apartment and kissed me on the cheek. “ Sohee felt giddy at Hyuna’s story and started to imagine the American stranger. Who she had in mind were guys along the lines of Chris Evans and Channing Tatum.

“So describe him...” Sohee dreamily said. However, she was not prepared for Hyuna’s description of him.

“Best part of it is, he’s 45 years old and so ing handsome! And he is not married!” Hyuna squealed and nearly fainted in either drunkenness or giddyness. Sohee’s jaw dropped.

“What?!” she asked in disbelief. What she heard was something she had never expected to hear from Hyuna.

“I said, he’s 45 years old and unmarried! He has a girlfriend who he said looks like me but 1, I doubt it and 2, I can totally steal him from that hag he’s with. I promise you, Ahn!” Hyuna bragged.

“You are insane! That man probably loves his girlfriend and you’re here wrecking their relationship!”

“Woah, slow down there! If he really loved his girl he wouldn’t take me for a ride or even kiss me for that matter!” Hyuna said.

“C’mon don’t play dumb with me here! There could’ve been so many factors as to why he was acting the way he was. He could’ve been drunk. He could’ve been lonely. He could’ve been just attracted to you but there was no real emotion behind it all. Hyuna, don’t jump into conclusions. And what were you doing in a stranger’s car in the first place?!” Sohee freakily asked.

“Oh you know, just seeking a thrill!” Hyuna answered flirtatiously. Sohee squinted her eyes and shook her head.

“I will never understand the science of you.” she said. Sohee looked up at the clock and realized it was 2 pm already.

“Oh. I gotta go now.” Sohee said. It didn’t seem to bother Hyuna who was really put down by the lack of support Sohee had for her. It didn’t matter to her, though.

“Okay. See you around!” Hyuna said, reverting her attention back to her laptop. Sohee quietly left the apartment room.

Leave me alone, . It’s my life. Hyuna thought.

      Hyuna wanted and needed an extra rocket. She knew the money she was making from ion alone wouldn’t be enough to sustain her needs, plus to get the things that she wanted. She needed another job that was connected to her interests and to the thrill of having with random strangers.

I don’t seem to be making enough money with this whole hooker thing. I need some more jobs. Hyuna thought.

Of course I’m not gonna get a job that needs a lot of thinking and office time, contrary to what I tell my mom. I cannot possibly spend like what, 8 hours sitting in front of a computer. I have a life, you know!

Once again, Hyuna went out that day in search of a job. The day was kind of hot so she had to wear her sleeveless tank top and shorts. Hyuna had been a passionate dancer ever since, her body was so flexible people would often say that she had no bones. Hyuna had a way with dancing. She could make as simple dance look so seductive and titillating just by her facial expressions and her walk, her y walk.

Hyuna was walking around the nightlife side of the city which was a few walks away from her apartment. Upon looking at the clubs, she imagined the wild nightlife that came along with it, the people she would meet and the guys she would .

I bet it’s easier to get a job here than to actually stand in the street waiting for someone to pick you up. Hyuna said. She passed by a bar that had the sign: DANCER WANTED posted on it.

“Dancer Wanted, huh?” Hyuna finally found a place that was looking for someone like her. She leaned closer and read the sign.

“Must be at least 19 years old, has dancing experience.” she read. Hyuna shrugged her shoulders, believing that she had those.

I’m 19 and I’ve been dancing since ever. I got this, yo!” Hyuna confidently thought. She marched right into the bar without hesitation. It was still early and the bar was still relatively tame with very few people inside and not a lot of dancers. Hyuna searched for the manager.

“Yes sweetie, what brings you here?” she heard a voice from behind her. Hyuna whipped around and saw a lady, around 28-33 years old sitting at the bar, watching her.

“Oh, uhm. Hi! I wanna ask about-“

“The sign? Wanna be a dancer, darling?” asked the lady who had the aura of a madam. Hyuna was slightly intimidated by her, but shoved these thoughts aside to prioritize her monetary needs.

“Yes. Yes, I do.” she boldly said. Hyuna walked closer to the madam who was still seated.

“Alright. You have any experience, dear?”

“Yes. I have been a dancer for all my life, ever since I was a little kid.” Hyuna proudly claimed.

“Well then, welcome to the club. You look -ish enough to attract a band of dirty old men, so you’re good. Just be here from Mondays to Saturdays, 9 pm onwards. Be here in your tiest get up, okay? Don’t need to overdo with glitters, just make sure you’re just as good as so when they undress you, they won’t have a hard time.” said the madam. Hyuna was quite taken aback by the abrupt description of the job, but accepted nonetheless.

“Thank you. I look forward to this job.” she said as she left. Hyuna was so happy that she finally got a job as a dancer.

 

[LATER THAT NIGHT]

      “Joseph, you’re going out again?!” asked Stacy. She caught her husband coming out of the basement and heading for the door. Joseph sighed and turned around.

      “Stacy, what do you expect me to do here at home, huh?” he asked impatiently. Stacy removed her apron and confronted her boyfriend.

      “Why, help me around here at the house.” she answered.

      “We’re not even married yet!” Joseph replied. “And I actually need some guy time. I can’t spend every single minute here with you!” Reality was, Joseph was either out to see Hyuna or commit another murder.

      The higher probablity is the latter...

      Joseph set out of his house, out about in the city in his maroon Mercedes Benz. He had heard that word on the ‘serial killer’ that gone loose and that the news of the girls’ disappearance and discovery had gotten around. It did not faze Joseph, though. He was determined to kill more women.

That very Sunday night, Hyuna was out of her apartment again. For some reason, she felt like she needed to sell her body tonight though she knew there would be very limited takers. Taking a risk, Hyuna stepped out in a red bra covered by a jacket and the usual Daisy Dukes matched with high heels, looking for a customer. Hyuna walked around the nightlife district looking more -ish than ever. Her y walk attracted so much attention but all the attention she wanted was from one man.

Joseph was the epitome of hell on wheels that night. The Mercedes sped quickly as he cruised his way through the busy street. He had his windows rolled down, looking for possible suspects. He was in luck, he thought. One woman was seen running towards his car, about to ask for directions.

“Sir! Sir!” the woman hailed him like he was a taxicab. Joseph played the role of taxi driver and stopped the vehicle.

“Yes, ma’am? You look lost! Need a lift?” he asked. The woman was more than happy to accept. Without hesitation and throwing caution out to the window, despite hearing about the brutal murders, she still accepted. When she got in, Joseph locked all the doors which produced an eerie sound and sped off.

“Where to, madam?”

“Chrysanthemum Plaza. That’s where my party is.” said the lady. The lady was around 25 years old and looked very dazzling in a mini cocktail dress. Joseph looked at her and was instantly aroused. He knew he had to make his move quick, so they pulled over at a dark alley where no man frequented.

“Sir, what’s wrong?” asked the lady.

“Oh uh...I think my tires are kinda squeaky and weak. I’mma go check it out.” said Joseph. He slyly stepped out of the car while the woman waited. Joseph went over to the back and crouched down to pretend that he was checking his car but what he was doing was getting his sledgehammer, which he kept at the back of the Mercedes and silently dragged it out. He watched his latest victim, obliviously and patiently sitting there, waiting for him to return. Joseph was in fact, standing right behind her.

“Hey miss, what time do you normally go to bed?” came the question from the rolled down mirror. The lady was surprised by the question and turned around but to her surprise, she was knocked out by a sledgehammer. Nobody heard her scream, nobody heard her fall. Joseph entered the car together with the blunt object and bludgeoned the unconscious woman. He never stopped pounding on her until her bones broke, until her face was all bloodied, and until her organs were pierced and she was as good as dead. To make matters worse, he shot her with his rifle and opened her eyes to remove her eyeballs and keep them as souvenirs. He then tossed the body in the dump and fled the scene. While he was driving, he was struggling to keep the eyeballs in a ziplock container while wiping his hands clean of the blood as well as spraying some perfume on himself and in the car to rid of the stench.

[MEANWHILE]

      Hyuna hadn’t a customer yet. She was standing on the sidewalks, ready to flash strangers her bra if they were interested but nobody seemed to be stopping. Nobody was interested in ual services at this moment.

      Is this really how holy Sunday is? People abstain from ual services and resume their lives the next 6 days? Well it’s pretty ed up if you ask me!

Then, a maroon Mercedes Benz came parking right in front of where she was. Hyuna’s heart jumped at the sight of the car but her heart soared when she saw the man behind the wheel. Joseph lowered his window and winked at the y young lady.

“Out and about again, huh? Well I’m here, as I promised.” said Joseph. Hyuna readily jumped into his car and away they drove, like Bonnie and Clyde.