Prologue

I Got A Clone

 

“I think, I’ve got it.” A man wearing a white lab coat whispered as he compared two strands of DNA under a microscope, they looked identical. “Michael! Come here.”
 
“What is it Sam?” The man named Michael questioned as he rolled his chair across the lab.
 
“Check these specimen out. I think I’ve finally created the perfect clone.” Sam almost started to jump up and down as his colleague looked through the lens.
 
“Well that does look identical but there’s only one way to test it out.”
 
“I know, I know. Get the shell.” Sam replied and began to type up reports and the like.
 
Once his colleague returned Sam began to inject the shell with the cloned DNA.
 
“And now we wait.” 
 
*2 weeks later* 
 
“SAM! It’s worked! The clone ant is functioning like an actual ant!” Michael yelled from across the lab.
 
Instead of jumping for joy, Sam simply began ordering samples from a dog.
 
“What’s up with you? Why aren’t you happy?” Michael worried, knowing that this was unusual for Sam who got excited over having a doughnut for lunch once a week.
 
“I am, but while we were waiting for the cells to grow, I realised, this may work on mute creatures like the ant but it may not work on creatures that make sound.” Sam mumbled to himself.
 
Over the next few months, with the aid of many government grants and world renowned human biologists and a specially formulated chemical that speeds up cell growth and reproduction, the team had succeeded in cloning a dog that could bark and a male who could make perfect but basic human speech.
 
The whole world was going crazy with the news that human cloning had been perfected and every country knew of it, South Korea was no exception.
 
“The research company who have perfected human cloning will not be selling clones to the general public but if they are approached by a potential customer they will only sell once they know the true nature of the need for the clone and it will probably be very costly.” The Korean news anchor reported, ending that segment as the man who was watching it switched the TV off.
 
 
 
A/N: So I thought it would be a good idea to have a little backstory before bringing Soshi into it. Even though it's all sciency and a bit boring I hope you like it :)