Chapter 2: Something New

Taemin and The Beast

Chapter 2

____________________________________________________________________

Taemin continued up the path to his house with his nose in his book. With each page he flipped, he felt more and more uneasy. He looked over his shoulder every now and then, but he couldn't see anyone. Once he reached his house, he closed his book and walked up the porch steps. He couldn't get his front door open no more than a few inches before someone slammed it shut. Taemin jumped back, and felt an arm wrap around his waist. Taemin was turned around and backed up into his door. He was pinned against the wall, and was looking up into someone's daggering eyes.

"Hello Taemin." They sang.

"Annyeong, Kai." Taemin rolled his eyes. Kai was the village manly man. He was tall, his hair always looked nice, and he was very handsome. However Kai was a blind, conceded, jerk to not only Taemin, but everyone in town. Kai had been trying to get with Taemin for years. He was unsure why, because Kai had plenty of girls who wanted him. He believes his looks are the only thing he needs to win over Taemin.

"I see you've been out and about again." Kai said. "Why not come over to my place, and I could show you how to have fun, rather than just sitting around looking at words all day." Kai took Taemin's book from his hands and began to flip through the pages. Taemin took the book back, and stepped away from Kai.

"I have dinner to make so if you excuse me." Taemin walked inside his house, with Kai at his heels. Taemin walked into the kitchen area, and began to take out pots and pans to begin cooking.

"What are we having honey?" Kai said as he wrapped his arm around Taemin's shoulders.

"We?" Taemin asked. "My brother and I are having chicken and rice with soup." Taemin removed Kai's arm, and started to chop up the food. Kai looked around the kitchen. He spotted a lot of different weird looking objects. He walked up to one of them and tapped it. The object started ringing and dancing around on the shelf. Taemin glanced over to Kai. "My brother made it." He turned back to cooking. "He made almost everything in this house."

Kai rolled his eyes. He made his way over until he was standing behind Taemin. Kai placed his hand on the counter so Taemin was trapped between him and the table. "You should really get out of here Tae. Come live with me, leave this hell hole."

Taemin pushed Kai. "This place is not a hell hole! This is my home."

"With that freak brother of yours? Taemin you are way to beautiful for a place like this." Kai grabbed Taemin's waist and pulled him closer.

"My brother is not a freak! He creates new things, and he is going to change the world some day!" Before Taemin could say anything to defend his brother, a loud bang came from the backyard. Both Taemin and Kai turned their head to face the back door. Taemin removed Kai's hand yet again, and ran out the back. "Taesun?" Taemin looked at his brother farther in the field, who had his back facing him. Taesun looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"Annyeong!" Taesun had his circle glasses placed on his face, his hair pulled back, and his workers apron that was covered with mud, dust and paint. "I have great news Taemin!" Taesun turned around to held out one of his inventions. "It works!"

"It works?" Taemin asked excitedly. He ran over, jumped onto his brother, embracing him into a hug. "What is it?"

"I call it, a gun." Taesun told him. "You can blast small bullets for miles in a blink of an eye!"

Kai stood against the door frame with his arms crossed. "How is something as stupid as that, suppose to help?"

Taesun looked at the door and realized Kai was standing there. He smiled. Taesun walked up closer. "Since a bullet is so small, it's able to brake through any material. That is with the right amount of force. This gun, creates a small explosion , when one pulls the trigger to light-" Taesun was cut off when Kai just took the gun out of his hands. Kai was playing with the gun without knowing what he was doing. "Be careful." Kai aimed the gun around the field. He spotted a goose that was flying in the air. Kai lined up the gun with the distance of the goose and shot the gun. A loud ringing bang echoed threw the field. Taemin turned around and watched the goose fall from the sky.

Kai smirked. "Works well." He twirled the gun on his finger then pushed it back into Taesun's chest. Kai was watching Taemin, who just stood in the open field. Taesun turned Kai around and pushed him back into the house.

"How about I show you to the front door. It's getting late. How about you come back another time." Taesun said.

Taemin could hear Taesun and Kai talking after the door closed. He signed and glanced up to the sky. He loved where he lived. The house was small, but it was perfect for just him and his brother. The backyard was just a wide open field that seemed to go on for miles, surrounded by trees. Once in a while animals would come running by, which didn't bother him. The sun was going down, creating a wonderful orange scene across the field.

Taemin took the time to himself, and began to dance. As much as he loved to read and day dream, nothing beat dancing. He always danced when he was alone. He felt free when he let his body move. Not a care in the world. During his dance, he spun around and noticed Amber standing just behind the side gate watching him.

"Hey there Romeo!" She said. She jumped over the gate and walked over to where Taemin was standing. "Never seen you move like that before."

"Want to join me?" Taemin smiled and moved his hips while snapping his fingers, as if he was trying to taunt her.

"Aniyo!" Amber giggled and pushed Taemin softly on the shoulder. Taemin stopped dancing and stood up straight, puffing out his chest trying to look manly. Amber did the same. "Where's my dinner, dance boy?"

Taemin settled back on his feet and pointed to the house. "After you, Juliette."

Amber and Taemin walked into the house. Taemin continued with chopping up the dinner, while Amber offered to start making the soup. They worked on dinner together, as Taesun worked out in the living room on his inventions. Once the soup was finished, they all sat around the table and began to eat.

"So how has your family been Amber?" Taesun asked.

"Very well. We've been thinking on starting a clothing store." Amber held the food near her lips as she spoke. "I'm not sure if I want to start it though. My parents want me to, but I actually want to become a singer at the bar on 4th street."

"A singer?" Taemin said. "I didn't know you like to sing."

Amber shrugged. "It's a hobby. How about you Taesun? Are you going to inventers convention?"

Taesun finished swallowing his food, about to answer the question but Taemin beat him. "You bet! He'll put all those inventers to shame! Especially with the newest one!"

Taesun shook his head. "I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go. I have classes."

"When is the convention Hyung?" Taemin asked.

"Next week."

"You have to go! Hyung, I'm sure everyone would understand if you missed a few classes!"

"He's right Oppa." Amber said. "How about I go with you to the convention! I can also talk to your class about your absents." Amber placed her hand over top of Taesun's. "You'll regret it if you don't go there."

Taesun picked up his bowl and put it away. Taemin and Amber looked at each other and back to Taesun. They knew he was thinking. He might be over thinking. It was never good when he over thought things. "Gwenchana." Taemin and Amber blinked. Did they mishear him?

"Alright. I'll do it!" Taesun said. He turned around and looked at his bother and his friend. "Amber Is right. I will regret not doing it. I would love for Amber to come with me, as long as your parents are alright with it."

"Of course!" Amber jumped up from the table.

"How long will it take you to get there?" Taemin asked.

"About four days."

"Well if you want to get there on time, you better get ready to leave tomorrow." Taemin stood up and pushed his brother to let him get ready. Amber bowed and went home to get ready for the trip. Taesun went to his room to pack. Taemin cleaned up the kitchen and closed up all the window in the house. The sun had completely gone down. Taemin stood by one of the windows, getting ready to close it, but he spot the moon. It hid behind the tree out in the field, lighting the night sky in a dark shade of blue. Taemin signed and wondered if he stood out in the field, would the moonlight only shine on him? It was a beautiful site.

He closed the window. Walking to his room, Taemin glanced into Taesun's room. He busted the door open when he saw Taesun on the floor, curled up holding his stomach. Taemin lifted Taesun up onto the bed, and laid him down. Taesun always did have health problems since he was young. They never figured out what was wrong with him, so they wasn't able to cure him. Taemin rushed to get a drink of water for him. Taesun took a few sips and handed the cup back to Taemin.

"You are sure you're going to be alright traveling?" Taemin worried.

Taesun only nodded. He didn't want to cancel the whole trip because he just had a small attack. Taemin signed, running his figures through his hair. He knew his brother wanted to go, and he didn't want to stop him. This trip could change their lifes, but he didn't want to worry about his brother's safety. He knew Amber would be there to help him if he needed it, so Taemin tried to stay positive. Taemin pulled the blanket over his brother, and finished packing for him.

Taemin placed the bag by the front door, blew out all the candles that kept the house lit. He walked back up to his room and blew out the last candle before settling in bed, preparing for tomorrow.