Closer

White Ribbon

I can't help this ! I shouted in my heart.

With so much paperwork that had to be finished by tomorrow, I really can't concentrate now. I took all my paperwork and brought it to my apartment. It needs hours maybe even days to finish it. I cursed my boss. Well, actually, he's never given me so much paperwork before. But then one of my colleaguess got fired and all her work was passed to me. I must finish editing the magazine by tomorrow. I need some help. Please anyone help me! The other colleaguess are busy too because of it. So I can't ask them for help. 

I walked down in the street, freezing and carrying papers. And then my stomach rumbled. 'Give me food. Give me food'. Gosh, how anoying. I'm hungry but that's not the main problem now. I must finish it because tomorrow this magazine will be published. 

I keep walking and muttered untill I arrived at my own apartment. I go in, turning on the lights and putting all the papers on the sofa. I go to bathroom and wash my face. After that I get showered. I stand in front of shower and let my body feel the warmth of the water. I can't think of anything else except how to finish all my paperwork.

I wrapped my body in a bathrobe and dry my hair.

Then, I begin editing the magazine for tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock ! Knock !

Huh? Who is that?

I go to the door and open it. 

It's Myungsoo !

" Huh? Myungsoo-ssi? What are you doing?" I asked him

" Let's eat Samgyetang again" he said

I widened my eyes "Samgyetang?" 

" It's okay if you want eat something else. I just need friend for company. I don't like eating alone" he said akwardly.

" Okay. Let's go eat. I'm hungry too. Wait, I'll bring my coat" I said 

 

 

 "So, you're really ordering Samgyetang again?" I asked him when we are in the Bistro. He said he didin't want to eat too far away, so we end up in the Bistro.

" Yap!" he replied

"How long have you stayed in that apartment?" I started the conversation.

" Um, since last year" He said " And you?" he asked me

" For months. You know, I wanted a different atmosphere. The place I used to live in is the City Center but it's too expensive."

" Yes, that's true. I bought this apartment because it's cheap and not so far from City Center" he nodded

Out of the blue, I have great idea for him.

" Myungsoo-ssi, you said you are a designer. Am I right?" I asked him

" That's right."

" So, can you help me edit the magazine? I know I'm not supposed to ask you for favor. But I must finish it by tomorrow. So please, can you help me?" I beg him

" Hmm.. Should I? Shouldn't I?" He laughed, eyes crinkling.

" Oh come on Myungsoo-ssi... Just this once. I promise you I won't ask you for any favors again." 

" Alright. I'll help you. But..." he stopped.

" But what?" I asked him confused.

" Treat me someday. I want to eat Gimbab actually" he winked