Life Must Go On

White Ribbon

 

I

 

It is in the morning. The weather doesn't look so good. It is cloudy. I hate cloudy day. If it want to shine just shine, otherwise dont make it so confusing. I pull out my build-in robe and look for warm clothes. I pick violet turtle neck with blue jeans and grab my jacket. I have a meeting with Ha Neul. She already said that she is worried about my condition and always phone me every hours. I of course dont answer her phone. I just to be alone. I want to forget what happened in the past. I need time for myself. But it seems that Ha Neul really worried about my condition now. So yes, I answer her phone and she directly want to meet me. Her sounds seems really worried. She wants to go to my home but my home looks really meesy. I havent tidy it up since I dont remember it again. So now I'm going to meet her. 

I look at the mirror and i saw my face. It is really pale and there is black circle under my eyes. I put a little bit makeup in there and lipstick. I dont want to make Ha Neul more worried. I grab my sling bag and put my phone and purse into bag. After it, I close my door and walk to looking for a bus. 

I arrive 15 minutes late and I saw that Ha Neul already seat in the Bistro. I go in and Ha Neul see me. She waves her hand and I sit down. "You late" she said. "Ah mian, my bus late" I lie to her. 

Waiter come to us and give the menu. I pick the first menu that contain 'rice' text in it. I dont have appetite. I just tired and want to go home. Why I must meet Ha Neul? I asking in silent. After that I close the menu and looking outside. 

"Hye jin-ssi, what are you doing?" Ha Neul's voice broke into my head

"Ah.. nothing" I said

"Look, forget him. Forget your past, Hye jin-ssi. He doesn't deserve it"

I stopped walking and stared at the ground in front of me.

"I know.. I know.." I said, smilling at her.

I know it's time for me to forget him, forget what he has done to me. 

I need to live. And only dead people live in the past.

But I must live in the present.

 

"So, let's go eat. I'm hungry." said Ha Neul

"Okay. What do you want to eat?" 

"Hmmm.. let me think"

........

"Oh! Let's eat in the new Bistro. You must know the Bistro, Hye jin-ssi" exclaimed Ha Neul loudly. It's a bit annoying actually.

"It's in front of your new apartment. Don't you know?" Ha Neul was still speaking with enthusiasm.

"Bistro? Near my apartment? No, I don't know" I sighed.

"Listen Hye jin-ssi, it's time for you to open your eyes and face the world. You are not..."

"Aish.. You are so annoying, Ha Neul-ssi. Stop it and let's go to that Bistro" 

 

 

 

 

 

That Bistro.

Not so big but full of people. And like Ha Neul said, it really is in front of my new apartment.

Oh right, I haven't told you that I moved in 2 weeks ago."I need smaller apartment " I told Ha Neul. But it isn't . I needed to settle down. I didn't dare tell  Ha Neul the truth.

That I couldn't forget him. I still love him. It's been a while but every night I still cry.

Because of him

Because I miss him

Because I still love him

So I decided to move out and find a new apartment. And here I sit, in the Bistro, talking to Ha Neul in front of my new apartment.

 

"Ha Neul-ssi, would you mind helping me with the apartment?" I asked her.

"Of course! I'm free on Saturday. How about then?" 

"Sounds great."

"You know Hye Jin, I can bring DVDs and popcorn, we can..."

"Yahh! Kim Ha Neul!" I shouted.

"Look look! He is sitting on that bench again!" Ha Neul pointed to the bench infront of  the Bistro.

My eyes follow her finger. A man sat on the bench with his eyes closed, looking very comfortable. He looked 27 or 28 years. I don't know. But he is not too old. He wore a blue navy turtle neck with a coat and syal. I don't why he seems so peaceful. He looks untouchtable. And I don't know why but he seems like he wants to escape from the world. Why did I think that? Where did the thought come from? Ahh I don't care anymore. But somehow, I feel like I can understand what he feels. And he seems... Stop it! Stop it Jung Hye Jin! Don't let your mind cross anywhere. Focus. 

The next thing I hear is Ha Neul's voice breaking my daydream.

"Yah Jung Hye Jin! What are you thinking? I had called you for few times and you still amazed to him. He is handsome isn't he? You didn't even blink after seeing him. Maybe...., have you fallen for him? Ah.. it's second...." said Ha Neul non-stop. Ah, my head spins hearing her talk. Sorry Ha Neul-ssi, but it is true.

"Can you be quiet for a minute? My head's spinning hearing you talk" I complained.

"Yah Hye Jin-ssi, how can you be so cruel to me?" she whined.

" Okay, okay, let's eat"