Neighbor

White Ribbon

" I'm sorry " he stared at me, smiling.

After I recovered from my shock, " Ah, it's okay" I smiled back.

" I didn't mean to startle you" he apologised softly.

 

Ah, right. It's always me who gets shocked easilly. I stare at him. He's definitely the man that I saw earlier in the Bistro with Ha Neul-ssi. I never imagined that I would meet him again. After all, we turned out to be neighbours.

I glanced at his apartment door plate. 1501. 

 

" I really am sorry " he apologised yet again.

" Not to worry," I said to him.

I pushed my apartment's door and glanceed back at him, " Good night "

" Good night to you too "

 

 

 

Turning on the lights, I sit down at the pantry and filled a glass with water, drinking slowly. How could we have been neighbours? I just saw him in front of Bistro and thought that he was handsome. And then I find out that we are neighbors. Is it just a coincidence?

But, something was odd. When I saw him earlier, he did not look well. His eyes were bloodshot and teary. And it's already 9.00 pm. So where is he going out at the time like this? 

 

Wait, wait. 

Who am I? Why do I bother about him? 

Ah! I think I'm finally losing it.

 

I took a shower and wrapped my body with towel. Sitting down at the balcony, I gaze at the city lights from afar. They remind me of tiny stars. I reach out to my handphone and see a message from Ha Neul-ssi.

 

Hey, guess what?

What? 

Sungyeol-ssi is going to introduce me to his familly. I'm going to his hometown for 1 week. Don't miss me!! 

Really? Congratulations!

 

 

Ha Neul-ssi is going to meet her boyfriend's familly. I repeat that again. So that means Ha Neul-ssi is going to marry her boyfriend. 

And me? 

Despite having a new boyfriend, I choose to miss Woo Bin-ssi everyday. 

 

Like today. I always miss him. 

And hate him too.

 


Today, all my office colleagues visit my new apartment. They insisted that I invite them, despite having said that I didn't have enough time to prepare my new apartment. 

I can't turn them down, can I?

So today, I tidy up my apartment. Ha Neul-ssi couldn't help me because she's going to her boyfriend's hometown, so I had a break from office. It's really tiring cleaning and arranging everything. Gosh, I'm really tired. Finally, I finish shifting all my furniture to their right place. 

 

07.00 pm.

My colleagues come. They bring so much foods and of course, wine! How can we celebrate without wine? 

I take the wine bottle and search for a wine opener. I'm sure I have one. I just forgot where I put it earlier. I pull out all my drawers but couldn't find it. 

How can I forget my wine opener?

 

So I open my apartment's door,and stared at the number in front of me. 

1501.

I walk 2 steps forward and knock the door, wine bottle still in hand.

Suddenly, the door opened.

The man from earlier stared me. I encourage myself.

" Hi. I couldn't find my wine opener and all my colleagues are waiting for the wine. Can I borrow your wine opener?" I said to him.

He didn't say anything for a second. And then he smiled at me.

" Of course. That's the point of having a neighbor, isn't it?

 

" Ah by the way, I'm Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. "

 

 

 

 


I need poster soon but I haven't imagine what the poster could be like.

I need subscriber too ....

So pls subscribe if you like my story. ^^