stealing away my heart

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     

{ 3 } 

 stealing my heart away

                                                               

"We swore to be brothers! Is this the way you're supposed to treat me?"

"Says the one who has now decided to turn your back on us."

 

 

 

"Are you attending?" A clique of particularly chatty seniors walked past Ning, their chatter drawing the attention of her.

"Absolutely. Everyone's who's anyone is entering." The girl's arrogant voice rang out as she and her friends turned around a corner.

Eyes shining with curiosity, Ning approached the wall opposite her. "Spring Masquerade. Dancing under the cover of masks..." Her hand automatically reached up for her ruined face. For once, she could attend a school function without worry of her face being exposed.

A smile appeared on Ning's face as she memorized the important details before leaving.

Behind her, a few feet away, Chanyeol stood. His eyes flickered to the poster and widened with recognition. He had played a part in the preparation of this masquerade.

Ever since Ning's assault on him, Chanyeol had been thinking of the feisty girl who was different from the other girls he knows.

This would be a great chance to get to know Ning more, Chanyeol reasoned with delight.

 

 

 

"You look gorgeous." Ling breathed out, smiling at her younger sister as she checked herself out in the mirror.

Ling had dug out a dress of their mother's, back when she was the belle of the ball with their father was courting her. It was sleeveless but tightened at the waist, showing off Ning's curves. The lovely shade of green complimented Ning perfectly, especially when she had used a temporary dye to highlight her black locks.

"Thank you but why aren't you going?" Ning frowned, staring at her sister who was lying on the bed with a magazine at beside her. If Ling went, she was definitely be the most gorgeous of them all.

Ling chuckled, "I'm tired tonight. My days of socializing are over." Her eyes met Ning's and she smiled, "You'll go and have fun, alright? If anyone hits on you, you know what to do."

Ning beamed, pressing a quick kiss onto Ling's cheek before grabbing her purse. She rushed out of the bedroom, only to be intercepted by her brother.

"Hing, you're home!" Ning exclaimed, hugging her brother tightly. Even though he and Ding had arrived home a week ago, Hing had left again a few days back.

"You look pretty." Hing remarked before chuckling softly.

Ning smiled at her brother, "Thanks. I'll be home before twelve." She tossed over her shoulder casually, already escaping. Hing laughed before hurling her a black object. Swiftly, Ning caught it and slide it inside her purse, being extra careful with it. After all, guns were not meant to be played with.

 

 

 

Ning carefully sneaked into the ball, her mask already on and covering up her face.

The ballroom was beautifully decorated with streamers and glitter along with lovely lamps, giving the area a romantic glow. Various couples danced about, their clothes delicate while others hang about in groups, interacting with their friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter