my closed heart

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 1 } 

 my closed heart

                                                               

"You know how things works around here or do you require me to reminded you?"

"The reason why I am here; to ask for your leniency. Let me go."

"Without paying a price? Unfortunately, not."

 

 

 

Ringgg!

"Shut up." Ning scowled, slamming her palm onto the alarm clock before rolling over. After a few seconds of resting, Ning forced herself to wake up. She dragged her feet to her bathroom, combing her messy hair with her fingers.

It was the start of the new school year and Ning hated it. She changed into her usual attire; shirt and jeans before washing up.

Splashing water into her face, Ning stared at herself in the mirror.

Black hair framed her face and tumbled down her back in long, straight locks. Almond shaped eyes, an average size nose and passable lips made up her face. Oh but let's not forget the long, ugly scar across her face. It started from her forehead and ran downwards, crossing between her eyes and just above her nose before finally ending at her right cheek. Once, Ning had took a ruler and found out that her scar was a good thirteen centimeters long.

"Ning! You're going to be late now." Her older and bossy sister called out from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming!" Ning yelled back, grabbing a random cap and putting it on her head, effectively covering up most of her face. She rushed out of her bedroom and slide down on the polished handrail, leaping off and landing just in front of her sister.

"I'm pretty sure you're no longer ten, Ning." Ling sarcastically stated with her lips pursed. Two years older than Ning, Ling was breathtakingly beautiful. She shared the same features as Ning but was somehow much more prettier than her. Though, it could just be because of the scar. Ning had always thought that if it wasn't for the scar, she could be as lovely as her sister.

Ling's face might be gorgeous but she, like Ning, was also scared. Her left hand and a good portion of her arm was sprayed by acid once, resulting in a one ugly mess.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter