bring me down

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 2 } 

 bring me down

                                                               

"You know perfectly well that I cannot do that."

"Aren't you supposed to put your brother's needs before anything else?"

"At the risk of thousands others?"

 

 

 

"Ning, what is the meaning of this?" Mr Kim demanded, spotting Ning's cap on top of her black hair. He walked towards her seat, reaching just as Ning got to her feet. In an off-hand manner, Ning eyed the male, asking nonchalantly, "What do you mean, Mr Kim?"

Chanyeol and the rest of the class turned to the pair, interested. Drama in the first day of school is always interesting. Especially with Ning. Chanyeol noticed, his eyes full of expectation for Mr Kim's answer.

Slamming his palms onto Ning's table, causing it to jump with the impact, Mr Kim scowled at Ning who didn't looked fazed at all.

"You, Miss Chu, is violating school rule number four under section two of the school official rule book."

Ning stared at Mr Kim, murmuring, "Mind refreshing me what rule did I break, Mr Kim? I'm afraid it wasn't important enough for me to remember." Her black eyes met Mr Kim's furious pair, refusing to back down.

Mr Kim's eyes narrowed dangerously at this particular rebel before straightening up, declaring loudly, "As mentioned, school rule number four under section two of the school official rule book that no student, unless with a valid reason, is allowed to wear a hat or cap in school." Mr Kim glared at Ning and accused, "And Miss Chu, you are currently wearing a cap."

"No , Sherlock." Ning sarcastically retorted, earning a few laughs from the class. However, with one single glare from Mr Kim, everyone became silent save for a few chuckles behind hands.

"And Mr Kim, I do have a valid reason for wearing this cap." Ning continued on, biting back a smirk. Without breaking eye contact, Ning reached into her pocket and took out a small envelope. She handed it to Mr Kim who eyed it warily before tearing it open. As his eyes skimmed through the short letter, his eyes widened with shock before he regained his composure.

As Ning waited for Mr Kim to finished reading, she took a short glance around the class. Upon resting her eyes on Chanyeol, Ning's eyes widened with recognition. Grinning, Chanyeol winked at her before chuckling as Ning's cheeks reddened slightly from his action. Inside, she mentally slapped herself back to reality.

"Very well, Miss Chu, since you do indeed have a valid reason, you are allowed to wear your cap." Mr Kim grudgingly decided, pocketing the letter. Staring at Ning, he reminded her, "Even so, do not use that tone to me again."Clearly, Mr Kim didn't like her attitude.

"I'll try." Ning smirked before sitting down, pulling her cap lower over her scared face. Mr Kim scowled at her before walking away, his pride wound. The rest of the class turned back to the front of the class whereas Chanyeol continued staring at Ning. She didn't glance at his direction at all but she could tell that he was. Chanyeol's piercing glaze was on Ning for the rest of the lesson.

She didn't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

 

 

 

"Jie! I'm home." Ning announced, slamming the door shut behind her. Her loud voice echoed in the seemingly empty mansion.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter