Exposure

Luminous

 

I ran side to side as I looked out the airport’s windows. It wasn’t that long of a trip from Seoul to Japan, not at all. I’ve always wanted to be in Japan! Always! I’ve seen Japan in magazines, and I could be such an anime nerd… what’s the term… otaku? I don’t even know.

“_____. Come here. I don’t want to lose you in the crowd!” I heard Kevin call out. I didn’t even realize how far behind he was. I halted and waited for UKISS and Kevin to catch up. I rejoined Kevin with a red streak of blush on my face, and I grabbed his hand tightly. “You’re like a little kid.” He laughed. I stuck out my tongue and kept getting distracted by the different colours.

“Kyeopta!” Dongho laughed as he saw me run away towards one of the plushies: Totoro. Dongho ran along beside me and stared at the different items the store had to show. “Waah!” He laughed in amazement.

“Yah! Both of you, come on. We’ve got to meet our driver.” I heard Soohyun yell from far. Dongho and I smiled at each other as little kids would at the sight of Lego and ran back to the leader.

***

“Nope. Nope. Nope…. Nope!” I repeated as I flickered through different channels. Oooh. Pokemon. I stopped flickering through and watched Pokemon as I laid comfortable on the bed. My eyes stared at the clock: 7:02pm. I wonder how the interview is going. I stretched my whole body and kept watching pokemon until a familiar song played in the room.

“Hello?” I answered my phone.

“Hey baby.” I smiled at Kevin’s voice and sat up straight. I responded back with a shy greeting:

“Hi… how’s the interview going, Sunghyun?” I felt Kevin hesitate on the other side of the line. I never called him by his Korean name unless he was in trouble. He asked if something was the matter but I just let out a laugh. A sigh of relief sounded through the phone.

“The interview is going fine… it’s just we stayed longer than we thought because the MC arrived late and all due to traffic. Are you alright? I mean… nothing strange is all?” He asked carefully, hoping to not trigger some panic. I assured him that everything seems fine but…

“I wish you were back though. Kind of scared to be alone in a hotel, let alone in Japan, somewhere I’m not used to.” I explained. I stood up and looked out the window. We were on the 27th floor and high above downtown city of Japan. City lights, beautiful lights. Almost like… stars. Except not up there in the sky. I wonder how the Starlite Realm is doing… The 12 elders...

“Earth to _____. Earth to ____!” Kevin repeated.

“Oh! Sorry. Just in deep thought. You can’t read my mind?” I laughed. Kevin explained about there was a certain radius and distance. I responded with ‘Ah’s and ‘Oh’s. So much technical talk.

“I’m boring you, aren’t I?” He responded, slightly disappointed.

“No, no! I could talk to you all day if I could.” I smiled and covered the window with the curtain. “I doubt that crazy woman would come to Japan just to scare the crap out of me again.” I laughed and heard Kevin stiffen. Of course, he didn’t find that funny.

We said our goodbyes as we heard Soohyun call Kevin back into the room.

“I’ll talk to you later, baby. I should be home soon, alright?” Kevin said. I replied with a yes and told him to be sure to take care of himself. “I love you.” I stayed silent and smiled at the sudden proclamation.

“I love you too.” With that, we both hung up. I guess… I’ll just wait a bit longer.

I flickered through the channels once again when Pokemon ended. I would watch these dramas but they were all dubbed in Japanese. I already have trouble speaking Korean, let alone trying to understand Japanese. I sighed in frustration and turned off the T.V. Ding dong! My attention went to the door as it rang. It’s like 7:08pm. Who could that be? I covered myself with a bathrobe and cautiously, oh, so carefully, I tip-toed towards the peep hole.

“W-what?”

[ Kevin’s Point of View ]

I pulled the strap of my bag over my shoulder and ran quickly towards the elevator. I’m excited to get back to ______... It’s pretty much our alone time. And. I blushed at the thought: just me and her without Ren to pop up. The elevator went up the floors smoothly, no worry at all. I looked down and stared at the bouquet of flowers I bought on the way here and the little Totoro plushie from earlier. I hope she’ll like it.

The elevator doors opened without a sound made and let me have access to the long hallway. Warm coloured walls, a red running carpet and candle-looking lights lit the hallway. Room 789. I made a sharp quick turn to the left and halted. Who’s that man? I hid behind the corner and stared at _____ and the man converse. Who… ______ wouldn’t know anybody here. Would she? I closed my eyes and tried to read _____’s mind, but for some reason… I can’t hear anything. Usually, I can. This doesn’t seem right. I turned to the left and walked towards _____ and the man.

“_____.” I smiled. I stopped and stared at the young man who ____ did not seem to be bothered by. “Oh. And  you are?” I eyed him carefully and the man gave out a smile.

“This is Nate.” She told me. “He’s a waiter back in Seoul. At a Café I used to go to a lot. It’s…” She directed her view back to Nate and asked him: “How did you know I was here? I mean… this is Japan for goodness’ sake.”

“Oh. I came here to learn some more culinary skills from one of the most talented bakers here! I saw you earlier this morning! I just wanted to apologize again for what happened at the Café long before… you know, the spilled coffee and all.” Nate smiled and handed a handkerchief. Without hesitation, I took the handkerchief before ____ could. A shock expression was shown on Nate’s face. “I..I- Sorry. You must be her boyfriend, right? You must know that I don’t intend to take her or anyth—“

“I know.” I muttered. “Anyways. ‘Nate’. ______ is sleepy and so am I. Maybe you could continue this talk another time.” I tried to make sure he went away. I still can’t read _____’s thoughts. Is this guy blocking me somehow?

“Oh. I apologize. _____-ah. Take care.” Nate smiled and waved. He looked back at me with the same innocent smile, and walked towards the elevator.

I walked into the hotel room and let out a sigh. I slumped on the bed and removed the suit that was practically choking the air out of me. Without realizing, I felt _____’s stare.

“What was that about?” She asked. Were you jealous? I heard her think. I hear her. Why do I hear her now?

“Well. Don’t you find it odd? A man coming to you at this time.” I growled. I placed the bouquet of flowers on the bed along with the Totoro plush. Her eyes sparkled.

“Is that for me?” She smiled. She grabbed the precious flowers and inhaled its scent. She responded back with a hum of her sweet lips. “They’re beautiful. And they smell just as lovely.” I got up and kissed her forehead.

“You’re way more beautiful than them though.” I smiled smoothly. She blushed and rolled her eyes. Flirt. I kissed her cheek once more and tried to kiss her again until she rushed quickly out of my arms with the flowers. “You’re hugging them too tightly. Are you nervous?” I stared at the flowers that were begging for release. Her sweet cheeks glowed with a bright pink.

“N-No! I- THESE NEED TO BE IN A VASE.” She panicked. I laughed out loud and watch her bite her lip in embarrassment. I never saw her this way. She looked around earnestly until she realized there wasn’t a vase to be found. “How can I keep these alive if I can’t even let them have water?” I looked around and pointed at the Styrofoam cup. “Are you serious?” She growled. I laughed and just shrugged.

“I promise I’ll buy you another bouquet back in Seoul, for now… don’t worry about it. Let’s just go to bed.”

“N-Now?” She stuttered.

“I don’t get you. We’ve slept together on the same bed before. Why are you so nervous?” I asked her. She placed the bouquet on the table and looked at me with innocent brown eyes.

“You don’t really… sleep there. I mean you stay until I fall asleep. T-this is different. Mom said to never be alone with a man in a hotel room.” I rolled my eyes at that silly statement and grabbed her hand.

“Even if it’s your boyfriend?” I raised an eyebrow. “Come on. It won’t be any different than at the apartment. Don’t be such a party pooper and just sleep beside me.” She seemed hesitant and just nodded slowly.

“I… I’ll just go change then.”

I nodded and waited for her to come back.

[ Your Point of View ]

This is so embarrassing. I stared at the mirror and stared at my body. My hands embraced the soft pink top and poked my legs through comfy pants. My hands grabbed onto my hair as I pulled the elastics, letting my hair fall elegantly upon my shoulders. Why am I so nervous?  My palm soon landed on my chest and I felt my heart start to pound. Why?

“_____? Are you alright in there?” I heard him worry.

“Y-Yeah! I’ll be right out.” Suddenly, I placed my two hands on my cheeks and unconsciously checked if I looked good. Why!? I’m going to sleep anyways! I took one more glance at the mirror and held my breath.

I counted up to 10 and opened the door. Kevin was flickering through the channels as he rested on the bed. S-s-shirtless. I felt my head rattle and my heart pound. He looked at me with an unchanged expression and probably wondered why I haven’t joined him yet. “____?”

“U-uh! AREN’T YOU COLD?” I growled. Kevin looked at me shocked and placed his index finger on his lips.

“You’re so loud. It’s warm in here. I can’t take off my shirt? Besides, this is probably not the first time you’ve seen me shirtless.” Kevin laughed and kept flickering through the channels.

I sat on the bed and leaned my head on his bare shoulder. So warm… His arm wrapped around my shoulders and I felt his lips land on my forehead again. I smiled and we just… watched T.V together. But… he seemed worried. I know he was hiding something. He was worried about something. I’ll ask about it tomorrow.

[ Kevin’s Point Of View ]

_____ fell asleep. Half of me just wanted to kiss her right here and right now but. I looked at her as she slept and shook my head. Stop it, Kevin. Stop. My head feels like it’s going to explode. Damnit. My breathing quickened at just the sight of her. I looked at her again and noticed her shirt was loose. Her bare shoulder exposed. I covered my mouth and tried to think of something else. I tried to control my breathing. Guh. I quickly pulled her shirt over her bare shoulder and tried to relax my heart.

“This girl, man.” I muttered to myself.

Back to important things…. That ‘Nate’ guy. Who exactly is he?

Author's Note: 

Hey, my stars! How are you all doing? I'm so sorry again. I know it's become repetitive but there's alot of you that are new! And I THANK you for subbing<3 I try my very best to update. It's goin to be very VERY busy since finals are coming. Just to let you know I will be off in the first week of May so look forward to that. I should be able to update more often then. Anyways. Take care. Stay awesome! Stay shining!