First Time

Luminous

I swung my arms in the air and let out the loudest awkward moan as I stretched. Little did I know, Kevin was sitting on the bed watching TV. Well. Was. He stared at me funny and I turned beet red. He let out a loud laugh and asked:

“Someone had a good sleep?” He smirked. I nodded shyly and placed my hand on my chest. I suddenly feel sick. “Are you alright? Why?” Kevin climbed back on the bed and sat beside me. I don’t know. I’m sure I’m just hungry… Kevin nodded and let out another bright smile. Then it hit me. The scent of scrambled eggs and bacon filled the room. A mug was rested on the tray filled with warm chocolate milk.  Heaven. I told myself.

“You shouldn’t have, yeobo.” I smiled. He stared back and smiled when I called him ‘yeobo’. “Have you already eaten, Kevin? And, what’s the schedule for today?” I munched on the toast and watched him shrug.

“Well. I thought maybe you and I could go on a nice date today... You know, and a little alone time. You, and I.” Kevin scratched the back of his head and flickered through the channels again. I told him that I’d like that, and that I was really excited to have him all to myself. Let’s do this! I hummed in my thoughts. Kevin chuckled and fed a mouthful of scrambled eggs. “Yummy?”

I nodded excitedly and hugged the Totoro plush he gave last night. He kept feeding me until there was no more food on the plate. God. I’m so full. Are you trying to make me fat? Again, that beautiful heart-throbbing smile flashed across his angelic face. His lips caressed mine and quickly placed the tray away. I smiled and hugged the blanket. My eyes followed Kevin as he got ready to go out. I wonder… What will we doing today? A date… in Japan, huh? Kevin turned around and mumbled:

“Aren’t you going to get ready..?” I nodded and ran to the bathroom with a fresh set of clothes.

***

“You’re taking me out shopping?” I asked in shock. Kevin said yes for probably the 5th time and grabbed my hand. “W-why? Is my style that terrible?” Kevin denied that statement for the 7th time and said that he simply wanted to make up for the time he was not there, and buy me plenty of gifts. I halted and pulled him towards me.

“You’re my gift.” I snapped at him and pointed a finger at his face.

“I know I am. Think of it… as a bonus.” Kevin winked. “Besides, don’t worry. I’m buying some clothes for myself too, you know.” That made me feel a BIT better. Alright then. But I’m treating you for lunch. “No.” He growled. This baby.

We walked through store after store, and left them with plenty of heavy bags. I think I bought a bit too many. But Kevin always encouraged me to buy more. But still… I clung onto his arm and felt a warm kiss on my head. “Are..are you sure this isn’t too m—“

“Just one more store then.” Kevin laughed and playfully sobbed when he lifted his wallet. “Haha. No worries. I earned this from yesterday’s interview and show.” I pouted and kept holding onto his hand despite the heavy load of clothes on the other hand.

I quickly entered the last store and scanned through the aisles. “I’ll head over to the woman’s side.” Kevin nodded and headed towards the male section. I stared at myself in the mirror and stared at the young girl with a light frilly dress with black flats. This.. This is Kevin’s girl, huh? I wonder how his fans would react if ever… if ever this relationship was suddenly…existing. A girl who took away their idol. Would they say that? I defelcted the negatives thoughts and shook my head.  I smiled awkwardly and went back to the shopping. Countless and countless racks filled with beautiful clothes for all occasions. Birthdays. Formal parties. Casual. Linger…Lingerie? I blushed at the sight and felt the temptation to just… run. I coughed awkwardly and ran through that section to another in hopes that Kevin doesn’t find me in that aisle. Phew.

I grabbed a few v-line shirts and stared at the mirror, placing them on my chest to check if it seemed fitting. At the corner of my eye, I’d see the laced set of bras that seemed… actually really comfy. I placed the shirts back on the rack and sighed in frustration. I… I do need some bras though. I lifted my shirt and stared at the bra I was wearing now. A red bra with white polka-dots. I need more new fitting bras… I took a glimpse at the price, and was shocked by the cheap price. Omo. I need to buy this. But. But. Kevin. I blushed in embarrassment. I quickly grabbed the bras and ran to the cashier.

I’ll just buy this in secret.

“Would you like a bag for this?” The young cashier asked in basic Japanese. I nodded and looked around to make sure that Kevin wasn’t close. I grabbed the bag and waited outside. I took out my phone and texted:

“I’m done. Meet me outside, yeobo.” I sighed in relief and just waited. He’s probably still shopping… I took a few steps and sat on the bench right in front of the neighbouring pastry store. Flowers were carved beautifully on the black bench. I turned my head and inhaled the fresh scent of vanilla and chocolate. Hm… I want to check out this store.. I went into the pastry quickly and looked at all the cakes.

All kinds of cakes and cupcakes. Pink frosting, blue sprinkles, white whip cream… It all made my mouth water. Bows were perfectly frosted on the cake which almost made it seem real. I was so scared to even look closely at them. They seem so fragile… I feel like as if one little movement could ruin such an art.

“Miss, may I help you?”

I turned around and was surprised . “Nate?” I asked him. Nate looked back in shock and smiled.

“Hey! What are you…? Following me?” Nate raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and mumbled sarcastically. “Haha. I’m just joking, _____. Is there something specific that you’re looking for?”

“They all look so… beautiful and…” I smiled a stiff smile and whispered: “expensive.” Nate let out a bursting laugh and just shook his head. He shrugged and reached out for a cookie.

“Here.” Nate wrapped the cookie with a pink wrapper and tied a yellow bow around it. “On the house. And…” He grabbed a bouquet of flowers and placed it all in a bag.

“Flowers? I don’t have a vase… I mean.”

Nate laughed again and grabbed a small blossom for himself, and ate it. Oh. It’s edible. I’m an idiot. Nate chuckled and secured the bouquet with another golden ribbon. “Your… boyfriend. He doesn’t seem to really like me. He must have thought that I was hitting on you.” I looked at him and shrugged.

“No worries. He’s… we just haven’t been together for quite a while, so he’s kind of protective for personal reasons.” Nate just stayed quiet and listened. He placed his elbow and leaned his head on the palm of his hand. “If you get to know him, he’s really a nice guy… I mean. I should know, right?” I let out a laugh. Nate smiled.

“I’m happy for you.” Nate nodded.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked curiously. Nate stared and just shook his head.

“Nope. Never been in love.”

“Never? At all? Have you liked anyone?” I stared at him blankly. He shook his head and just shrugged.

“I mean. I obviously liked some girls, but I never been in LOVE. I guess they never struck to me as the right girl for me. Is Kevin… do you LOVE him?” He asked.

I nodded, and remembered the first night Kevin told me he loved me. The night when he almost disappeared.

“How do you know if that is love? I mean, we can never know.” Nate sighed. “I’ve never told a girl…” He paused. “I never said those three words.” He sighed. “I love you. It’s so awkward to sa—“

“Pardon?” I heard an angry voice from the entrance of the door. Nate stood up straight and remained stiff. I twirled around and stared at an angry Kevin, clutching onto his shopping bags. “What… what did you say?” He walked towards us aggressively. I pressed my hands on his chest and told him:

“Kevin. Stop. It’s a misunderstandi—“

“I thought you said you weren’t going to hit on my girl.” Kevin growled.

“I’m- I’m not. We were just talking about—“

“About how you can take her on a date?”

“KEVIN.” I yelled. I slapped his arm lightly and glared at him. “We were just talking about his own relationships!” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Nate scratched the back of his head and looked back at the store.

“I… better get back to baking. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, hyung.” Nate raised a hand, and smiled back. I smiled back apologetically and walked out the store with Kevin.

“Kevin.” I let go of his hand, and crossed my arms. “What was that?” Kevin looked back at me, indifferent to what just happened earlier. He kept walking without even turning back. “Yah!” Kevin stopped, and turned again.

“Let’s go back to the hotel.”

***

I dropped all the bags, and changed into my PJs. So much for a good day.

“I heard that.” Kevin growled. Of course you did, you have supernatural powers, and you listen to my thoughts. God. “Look. I’m sorry.” He stood in front of me and placed his hands on his hips. “I just… There was something weird about him I just can’t place my finger on it.You know that thing bothering me yesterday?”

I nodded.

“It was him. For some reason, when I came home. I saw you guys by the corner and… I tried to read your thoughts and his as well. I couldn’t. I couldn’t even read a single thing from you. When he left, your thoughts were clear as day. I don’t get it.”

I felt a chill go up my spine. “Y..you don’t think he’s one of them… do you? I mean. I’ve always been a customer at his café. He serves there. Could he be watching me? Do you think he’s an associate with Ehrian?” I felt my breathing go quicker. Kevin shushed me and whispered:

“Don’t stress yourself out. Maybe I’m just overlooking things. It’s possible he could just be another starlite. Don’t worry.” He got up abruptly knocking down the shopping bags.

“.” He growled. Oh no. He bent down to pick up the clothes we bought.

“I- I GOT IT!” I yelled, joining him on the floor, covering up the clothes we bought.

“W-what’s your problem?” Kevin said in shock. I picked up all the clothes and placed them quickly in the bags. Where is it? There! I grabbed the set of bras and underwear to match, and ran to the bathroom.  “HEY!” Kevin yelled. Before I could close the door, he barged in. My hands were at the back, clutching the bras and underwear.

“What’s the matter, babe?” Kevin tried to take a look at the back, but I moved into an angle where he couldn’t  see. “You’re hiding something from me.” He growled. “And you’re trying so hard to reveal it in your thoughts. What’s so horrible…?”

He let out a smirk and ran towards me. “YAH!” I growled. Before I could move and struggle away, he grabbed and yanked out of my hands. O-oh my god. I ran back to the bedroom and covered myself with a pillow. “W-wh..” I heard Kevin whisper. But it was inaudible.

I heard his footsteps come closer to the bed. “I...I was trying to find new bras because the ones I have are so unfitting. I… I was so embarrassed. The only person I could go shopping for bras or underwear is my mother, and-and. I couldn’t have you there bec-because you’d… I didn’t want you to end up thinking that I…that I…” I stopped, and Kevin pulled away the pillow. He just stared and laughed. He lifted up the laced bra with one hand, and said:

“I didn’t think you’d wear lace bras.” My face turned beet red, and I covered my face with the pillow again.

“Yah. Stop that.” He pulled down the pillow and just stared.

“So embarrassing…” I looked at him shyly, and just looked at the floor. I watched Kevin toss the lace bra on the floor. Kevin then grabbed my shoulders and whispered:

“Stop being embarrassed in front of me, baby. It’s alright.”

I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a kiss. Little did I know, it led to something even greater. It was our first. I was nervous at first, but he was gentle. Kevin showered me with love until we’ve fallen asleep.

***

“Good morning.” I heard Kevin’s husky voice from the white silk covers. I looked up at him sleepily, and watched him dress up.

“Good morning.” I smiled. Then it hit me. Last night. O-o-…

He chuckled and threw a fresh batch of clothes on the bed. “Get up. Let’s go out again.” I tilted my head and asked him if he had another schedule today. He shook his head and leaned closer.

“You have me all to yourself again today, baby.” He smiled. I blushed when I saw a glimpse of the hickey on his neck. He noticed and rubbed it softly. “This is your fault.” I slapped his arm playfully and covered my chest. “I’ll leave the room. I’ll be right out.” He kissed my lips softly and murmured: “I love you.”

I wrapped the blanket around my body and jumped multiple times until I got to the bathroom. I stared at the girl in the mirror and gasped. So. Much. BRUISES. Or…a re they hickeys? What the hell did he do to me? I don’t even know. My fingers traced these ‘bruises’ lightly, and I turned beet red. I can’t believe we’ve… actually hit the stage. What happened to only after marriage!? I ruffled my hair out of frustration. I don’t know if I regret it or… I loved it. . I stared at my body and saw some tears fall. Why? I felt the different doubts whirl in my mind.  I wiped them off—those tears, and got dressed immediately.

“You alright?” Kevin asked when I came out of the hotel room. I nodded and just smiled. “Ha…have you been cryin—“

“No.” I lied. I patted his chest and walked ahead of him. “Where are we going?” I asked Kevin as he ran up to catch up with me. He grabbed my hand tightly and shrugged.

“Let’s just go for a walk at the cherry blossom park. It’s in full bloom, and I want you to experience it. It’s absolutely beautiful.”

“But I have been at a Cherry Blossom park.” The flashes of memory with Hyuna and Eli when we were younger at the park flashed through my mind.

“This is different.” Kevin growled when he was able to see that memory through his mind reading. Kevin certainly did not enjoy the fact of Eli still roaming in my head.

“How so?” I stopped in my tracks and faced him.

“You’re with me now. Not Hyuna. Not Eli. With me.” Kevin smiled and kissed my forehead. “You were crying in the bathroom, weren’t you?” He held me close and waited for an answer. I nodded. “You know... I’m here, right?”

“You read my mind while I was in the bathroom?”

“You took forever. And… well. I heard you sniffling, so. _____.” He grabbed my shoulders and shook me lightly. “What happened to us last night. THAT night. It was crazy, I…” He paused, and gave his words some thought before he continued. “That night was one of the best moments of my life, and don’t go thinking that I’m one of those guys that will have with you one night, then suddenly leave you the next. I’m not that guy. I’m not. You know me well enough. I know you’ve been hurt before. And I have hurt you so many times before. But this time is different. The only time you could cry is of happiness being with me.”

I chuckled and laughed at that sudden speech. He looked a bit hurt from the laugh but I hugge him tightly.

“Thank you.” I smiled. “Thank you, yeobo.” I love you.