Lover's Nightmare

Luminous

 

I chopped the carrots into thin-rimmed rounds. I lured my eyes away from the cutting board, and I stared at the ticking clock that hung above the oven. 7:57pm. Kevin’s been gone for the whole day since 7:00am. I guess there must be a lot of ‘catching up’ to do with U-KISS. I can’t blame him, it’s been so long. Too long, I thought. My eyes went back to the cut carrots. Well. At least, I’m not done cooking yet. I smiled and placed the carrots into the stew. Now, I just have to wait for it to simmer down. Stretching for the ceiling, I let out a relieving moan that could probably come out as ‘wrong’ or ‘inappropriate’ to such ears. I rolled my eyes at the thought and sat on the sofa.

“Boo!” I jumped in shock and stared at the grown blond sitting on the counter. “You should see your face! Price-less! Absolutely p-r-i-c-e-less!” I let out a menacing snarl and sat back down on the sofa as my left hand rested on my terrified heart.

“Sheesh, Ren. When did you get here?” I asked, relaxing myself from the sudden jump scare. Ren laughed at the sight and told me that he just arrived, cause he “felt like it”.  Ren also commented on how appetizing the dinner smelled. “Well. You could join me. I don’t think Kevin is coming home any time soon. I just got a text from him that he might come home later than expected.” I stared at the text and let out a sad sigh.

“His loss~ I can’t wait to taste your cooking.” Ren smiled. Despite his ignorant ego, he never fails to make me smile when I’m upset. “Is it almost done?” His eyes gleamed. I nodded and prepared the table for three. An extra plate, just in case Kevin comes home earlier.

***

Click!

Hm? I sat up from the bed and rubbed my eyes. I let out a small yawn and stared at the alarm clock. 3:06am My hand patted the empty space beside me. Kevin? I got up and grabbed my hoodie to cover my spaghetti strap-tank top. I tiptoed to the hallway and watched Kevin grab a plate of stew, placing it in the microwave.

“You’re home…” I murmured softly. Kevin turned around and let out an awkward smile.

“Did I wake you, sweetiepie?” Kevin asked, sudden guilt washed over his face. Sweetiepie? He never calls me that… that’s weird. Haha. “What’s the matter?” He asked as he noticed my weird expression.

“You.. never call me sweetiepie before.” I mentioned. He looked back at me weirdly and looked away.

 I shook my head and watched him sigh in relief. “Okay, good…anyways, I thought I have woken you…” I sat across from him and watched him eat silently.

“How was your day?” Suddenly, I realized my voice tone was a bit harsher than I wanted it to. I would be lying if I wasn’t hurt to not at least have heard of him today.Yes, Kevin. I am a bit angry. But… I shoudn’t be. But. Still. Kevin let down his utensils and watched my expression. “W-what?” I asked, puzzled.

“It was fine. Are you not feeling well?” Kevin bit his lip. I shook my head and told him I was feeling just fine. He must have read my mind, no?Or.. is he just bluntly ignoring me? I guess… he didn’t read my mind. That’s unlike him. I waved my hand and told him that it was alright.

I smiled. Kevin smiled back and went back to his meal as if nothing happened. He… he’s acting a bit weird. I waited for him to respond to my thoughts but…. He didn’t even lift his head up. Did he… I guess he just turned off his reading-mind-thingy? Uhm…

.After he was done, he decided to sit on the couch and just talk for a while. I sat beside him and leaned my head against him. His fingers s between my fingers and intertwined tightly. I love it when he’s this close to where I am. I felt his body suddenly turn cold. I stared at the window and… wait! Are those snowflakes? In July? I ran to the window and stared at the city of Seoul. What?

“Kevin. Come here. Look at this!” I exclaimed.

As I turned towards my boyfriend, I screamed.

***

[ Kevin’s POV ]

Damn. I lifted my arm and stared at the watch: 4:20am. ______ is going to kill me. Isn’t she? She’s going to get angry. I should have called that I was going to be REALLY late but… she probably went to bed. I lifted the bouquet of baby breath and hoped that this will make her feel better. I looked out the Taxi window and watched the rain pour.

“What a random downpour of rain.” The taxi driver noted.

“Very. Wasn’t it supposed to be a clear night sky today?” I asked back. The taxi driver commented and explained that it was STILL a clear sky. No clouds in sight. Just a random downpour. Istared at the snow-covered buildings. “That’s totally weird.”

Suddenly, there was a white rush and the car came to a sudden halt. A pounding pain was felt on my forehead. Ouch. I.. must have hit the seat in front of me. I felt my sight go blurry. Ouch…

“Taxi driver..sir..” I rubbed my eyes and felt my mind swirl. “Ar-are you alright?” I looked at the driver’s seat, only to have the taxi driver passed out. “Hey. Hey! Are you alright?” I shook the driver’s body but not response. He’s still breathing but he must have out. I grabbed the bouquet. I opened the car door and tried to look for help. But I couldn’t believe my eyes.

What the hell is happening?

I looked over the roads that were once dry and warm, have turned into glistening dark ice. A flowering chill of snowflakes bursted through the city of Seoul. W-What? I lifted the bouquet and stared at the white pure baby breath turn into ash. Is this an illusion? I closed my eyes and traced a rune mark on my wrist. With utter strange words, I yelled at the sky and sought guidance from the stars to clear my mind of deceit. But nothing. Meaning… this isn’t an illusion. This is actually happening.

What the hell?

“Kevin! Wh-What are you doing? Sn-snap out of it!” I heard ______’s distressed voice. I turned around but she was nowhere to be found. What… I shook my head and decided the first thing I needed to do was get home. I ran down the streets with one objective in my mind. Get home to _____.

[ Your POV ]

I screamed and stared at Kevin make a sudden scary face. I hit his chest and laughed. Pabo… Kevin grinned and looked outside. “Wow! That’s… its July, and it’s snowing?” I felt his arms snake around my waist and I heard a grin form on his face.

“Kevin. Your arms are so cold.” I stated as I placed my hand on his milky skin. I felt Kevin shrug as we both stared at the snowy window. “I’m exhausted. I think we should head to bed…”

Kevin let go and whispered: “Right now? Must we sleep now?” I placed my hands on my hips and snarled at him;

“It’s already 4.30am! I think so, Mr. Woo. Read what I’m thinking right now.” You’re an idiot. I waited for an answer and Kevin stared back in confusion. Well. What am I thinking? What am I saying right now? Make me hot chocolate~”

Alright, fine. Let’s go to bed.” Kevin sighed and grabbed my hand. His hand was so cold. Icy cold.  He… did he not…

“Are you ignoring me right now? I mean… Did you not… hear what I said?” I asked in confusion.

He looked at me with confusion as well as he scratched his head. “You.. wanted us to go to bed.” Kevin tilted his head and gestured me to come along to the bedroom. Something’s fishy. So, I decided to test him. I felt the charm in my PJ pocket. He knows I always have it… He knows I always keep it with me…

“Kevin?” Kevin turned around and looked at me annoyingly. Hm.  “Can you give me my charm back? You know... the one you have given me… I remember giving it to you this morning as a lucky charm for.. You know, when you go to the gym with UKISS to…play some basketball against each other.”

Right now, I’m making things up. They stayed at the dorm the whole day playing videogames. I waited for a response.

Kevin smiled and apologized:

“Sorry! I must have forgotten it in Dongho’s bag. I left it there when we played… I didn’t want to break such a precious item.”

My fist clenched the lucky charm that was in my pocket. He’s lying. Kevin.. you’re lyi—no. It’s lying. Who is this person? He’s been giving me weird vibes since the moment he came in.

“Sweetie-pie? What’s the matter?” The person who looked exactly like Kevin approached me with loving arms. I backed away and watched ‘Kevin’s expression shift into utter ignorance. He took more steps but I kept backing away. “…Hey?”

“Back off.” I whispered in fright. “Yo..you…who are you?” I stared at the pan in the corner of my eye. Before I lunged towards it, “Kevin” grabbed my wrist and pushed me against the wall. M-my back… Ow… I stared at Kevin… No. I shouldn’t even call him Kevin. This isn’t him. It couldn’t be. A clone? An illusion? What is this? I felt the circulation of my arms stop.

“…Everything would have been easier if you just went along with it.” It growled. “But no. You witty .”  I stared back at ‘Kevin’ with wide eyes and with pain. His knee kneed unto my stomach roughly, a gasp of air escaped my mouth. Without realizing, I whined:

“Kevin...What...What are you doing?” But… this person isn’t Kevin. It couldn’t be… An illusion? A clone? What is this dark being?

It laughed hysterically and an evil grin was placed onto his face… that was exactly Kevin’s. I knew something was weird about Kevin... but… I wouldn’t have thought… that…that…

“Scream. All you want. You’ve locked away my Ehrian. My dear lover. There is no way that I will let you live with such happiness while I rot all alone.” I felt my heart shake and tremble in fear once I heard that name. Lover? A woman? This person is a woman? “You deserve nothing but fear and torture.” This was just like my dreams… Its hand… Its hand that ressembled Kevin’s gripped onto my neck. No. No. It’s exactly like my dreams… my nightmares…

“Kevin” was no longer the one holding me up against the wall but a woman. Her dark night hair touched the floor. Her skin as white as snow. Her eyes… purple just like Ehrian. Her slim red dress caressed her curves and a slit of the dress, exposed her white thigh. Ehrian’s lover…

“I… am your nightmare.”

She’s the one. Ehrian’s lover seeking revenge. Warning me… through those dreams. Nightmare. She was… She is my worst nightmare.

[ Kevin’s POV]

I stood outside the apartment door and noticed it was unlocked.

No.                                   

I was right… my nightmares were to come true. I heard _______’s thoughts. I’m scared. I must—

 Before I twisted its knob in a rush, a shrill scream arose.

Author's note:

I apologize. I really am. I'm so sorry. I've been so CAUGHT UP with school. I hope this chapter will make it up. I honestly didn't know what to write... But ta-dah! I hope this chapter makes sense. Take care, my stars. Stay awesome.