Game On!

Catch Me If You Wanna

"Yong Kyo-sshi... I thought you were in France for that photo shoot Yoochun-hyung told us about." He took a step closer.

What do I do? What do I do? WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I DO?!

My expression turned cold as I aimed the gun at his head.

"Yong, what's with the gun?" He asked nervously.

I closed my eyes and aimed above him before firing.

He ducked as I flicked back the safety and put the gun back into the holster, using that pause to get a head start on my escape.

"Wait! Yong Kyo-ah! Come back here! We need to talk!" He shouted as he chased after me.

Mianhae Changmin-ah...

I pushed my legs to go faster and he picked up the pace. I heard his footsteps coming closer and that's when I noticed the willow tree just up ahead. I grinned and with a burst of speed, jumped down the rabbit hole.

That's what I call the hole beneath the tree. Sounds cool right? I always feel like Alice whenever I "fall" into the hole. To make it Wonderland-esque, my mom and I decided to recreate the hole from the live-action movie. From the beds down to the room with the door leading to Wonderland.

I jumped from bed to bed and landed gracefully on my feet. I looked up and found my best friend staring at me.

"Lee Yong Kyo! Get back up here this instant!" He ordered.

I snorted.

"Don't wanna! Whatcha gonna do about it?" I challenged.

"I'm telling the hyungs!" He shouted, sounding like a child

"Go ahead! It's not like you'll be able to catch up with me." I said confidently and walked down the hall leading to the way out.

But deep down, I was scared out of my wits. I had no idea what they were gonna do to me once I got caught.

"We so can catch you!" I faintly heard.

"Game on!" I hollered back.

I grinned just as my phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?" I answered cheerfully.

"Where are you? Are you alright? What was the gunshot for? Who got shot? Did you shoot someone? Did you get shot? Was it-"

"Calm down Min So-unnie. I'm almost there. I'll explain everything later." I said as I dashed down the hall, headed straight for the open door courtesy of Ni Neul. I had a -eating grin on my face by the time I was done locking the door.

I mean why shouldn't I? I just pulled a successful escape yet again from my brother dearest.

I heard the screeching of tires and turned to find a black truck racing towards me, a furious Yoochun behind the wheel.

My eyes widened and I bolted in the direction of the park. I whipped out my phone and hit speed dial number 6.

"Ni Neul-ah! Where are you guys?! My brother's chasing after me in his stupid truck!"

"MWOH?! Where are you now?"

"I just passed Changmin's house and oh, shoot! Changmin's sister saw me." I said as I dashed past the yard.

"We'll be at the front gate waiting. Just hurry up."

"I'm trying! I'm trying okay?" I ducked into a nearby ally and clambered up the wire fence. Not an easy feat when holding a cell phone in one hand.

When I knew that the coast was clear, I jumped down and landed gracefully on my feet. I hung up on the girls and began walking out when a rough hand pushed me into the wire fence.

"Now where do ya think you're going kitten?"

Here comes trouble.

A tall, burly man staggered over; a bottle of soju in one hand.

"Leaving so soon? The fun hasn't even started yet." He said as he threw the half-empty bottle aside.

I subtly pulled out my stun gun from my gun belt (Yes, I do have a gun belt.) and waited as he got close enough for me to shoot.

"YAH!"

The scream startled me causing me to fire at the poor man's family jewels. The drunk man collapsed on the cold gravel while twitching uncontrollably as I leaped over him. I dropped the weapon and ran out into the streets.

Before I could get to the other side of the road, my phone rang. Run Devil Run blared from the speakers and I immediately knew who was calling me. Knowing that I'll be regretting this later on, I hit the answer button and held the phone away from my ear.

"PARK EUN HYE! YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! GET YOUR BACK TO THE MANSION OR ELSE I'M TELLING ABEOJI!!!" Yoochun-oppa shouted.

"Eh? Yoochun-hyung, who's Eun Hye?" I heard my best friend faintly asked in the background.

"You dialed Yong Kyo's number, right?" Umma asked.

"Yeah." My idiot of a brother replied.

"Then why'd you call her Eun Hye instead of Yong Kyo?" YunJaeMin asked simultaneously.

I seriously doubt his intelligence sometimes.

"PARK YOOCHUN! FIX THIS MESS!" I shouted before hanging up. The phone rang a few seconds later but I ignored it and kept walking to the entrance of the park.

I sat down at the bus stop and sighed.

The phone rang again and I was about to throw the damn thing into the sewers when I heard the roar of an engine.

, , , , !!!! What am I gonna do?!

I jumped out of my seat and ran into the nearby park. I faintly heard a car door open followed by footsteps and ran as fast as I can in the direction of the playground.

"Eun Hye-ah! Stop running, it's me Ni Neul!"

I skidded to a stop, face-planting into the sand box. I spit out the sand in my mouth and wiped the rest off myself.

"We were so worried about you! Why didn't you pick up the phone?" Ni Neul said as I walked over.

"Oh. That was you guys?" I asked in realization.

"Yeah. Who else would be calling?"

"Yoochun-oppa."

"Oh. Well in that case, let's get going." I nodded and let her lead the way.

I decided against telling her about the incident in the alley and kept quiet as we got into the car.

I found myself lost in thought during the drive to the airport.

Truthfully, I was a bit nervous of what would happen if they caught up with me.

My mom would just praise me for a job well done and help me plan another attempt behind my father and brother's backs.

Yoochun-oppa would've thrown a fit and launched into a long rant of how dangerous it is for me to be sneaking around.

My dad was a different story though.

He'd go ballistic.

He'd lock me up in the family mansion. Never allowed to leave the property. Always under surveillance. There's nothing my ninja of a mom could do about it.

The worst part would be being forced to learn the ways of our business.

And I'm not talking about the establishments we own. The establishments and stuff related to business is Yoochun-oppa's area of expertise. I'm referring to the underground syndicate we run. I really don't wanna deal with that. It's against my values and principles.

Apparently, no one out of our family and select "friends" know about the existence of Park Eun Hye.

Whenever someone outside of the "circle of trust" (as my father calls it) sees me hanging around my greenhouse at the mansion my father tells them that I'm a mere caretaker of my mom's greenhouse, that cheeky bastard.

Yeah... My father and I don't have the best father-daughter relationship out there. Our personalities clash too much. And he keeps way too many unnecessary secrets from me.

I know for a fact that they're all hiding something from me.

Something big.

And I'm gonna find out what it is.

"Eun Hye-ah. We're here." Min So-unnie told me, snapping out of my reverie.

I nodded absentmindedly and got out of the car. We were in the middle of an airfield and a little while later, a jet landed close by. We boarded the jet and got settled down.

Mom...

Dad...

Yoochun-oppa...

I'm sorry...

I just really wanna know why...



사랑해요~