First Meeting

Catch Me If You Wanna

Most students rarely noticed me.

It wasn't because I was a brat or anything like that. I just don't like dealing with petty drama and loud, obnoxious groups of people. I prefer peace and quiet. I have a few friends however, none of them go to the same school as me. 

But there's another reason.

I'm a chaebol.

My family owns the Park Group of Companies. We own a huge chain of hotels across the globe along with hospitals and law firms scattered around U.S.A and Europe.

My real name is Park Eun Hye but since I'm supposed to blend in with the crowd, I go by Lee Yong Kyo to keep my true identity hidden. Very few people know of my existence outside of our family. To the world, I'm a mere myth. Someone that they know exists but don't have the proof to back up their theory. I don't know why they keep my existence a secret though.

Because I was raised be a strong-willed individual, I tended to be cold and apathetic to those around me. But if they stick around long enough, they'll get to know the true me.

One day, he noticed that I was sitting alone during lunch and decided to keep me company. At the time, I was listening to my iPod with my headphones on, the volume at a level where I couldn't hear anything other than the music but wouldn't cause me to go deaf, so I didn't realize that he was standing behind me until he tapped me on the shoulder.

"Anyeong. Is this seat taken?" He asked.
I paused my music and removed my headphones.
"Mweo?" I asked blankly.
"I said, is this seat taken?" He repeated softly, gesturing to the empty seat beside me. I blinked in shock.

Shim Changmin, the school's "Flower Boy Prince" just talked to me, the invisible chaebol princess. What has the world come to? (insert sarcasm)

"A-aniyo."" I stuttered out.

Wait. Stuttered? Did I, the great Park Eun Hye, just stutter?

"Jinjja? Is it okay if I sit beside you then?" He stared at me with puppy dog eyes.

Aww man! What do I do? Should I let him sit next to me or not? Those eyes are making it hard for me to say no... Eh. What's the worst that could happen?

"Ne." I said, making my voice as cold as possible.

"Gomawo."" He said as he sat down.

"By the way, I'm Shim-" I cut him off and smiled.

"Changmin? I know. I'm Lee Yong Kyo. Nice to meet you."

He looked at me and at that moment, our eyes met. Almost 5 seconds later, I broke eye contact and avoided his gaze.

"You have a beautiful smile."

I looked back at him shock. He smiled at me, sincerity clear in his eyes.

"Th-Thanks I guess?" I said, nonchalantly.

Quit stuttering! Snap out of it Eun Hye!

"You were looking a bit lonely back there. Why? Don't you have any friends?" He asked me, a child-like innocence could be heard in his voice.

I stifled a giggle.

"I do but I don't go to the same school as them. Besides, I don't mind being on my own. It gives me the chance to think about things." I explained without thinking.

Shoot. Me. Now.

"Oh. Since you don't have any friends in this school, from now on you and I are friends." He announced cheerfully.

Me? Friends with him? Yeah. That'll happen when pigs fly.

I looked into his eyes and saw the seriousness in them. I bit my lip and looked away; only to find half of the student body staring at us. I shot them a cold look and they turned away and began whispering to one another.

"Jinjja?" I asked him.

"Of course."

"Are you sure about this? You have no idea what you're getting yourself into."

"Whatever it is, I can handle it no problem."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I looked at him slyly.

"Yah! Yong Kyo-sshi, are you trying to get rid of me?" He looked at me incredulously.

"Is it working?"

"Nope."

"Then, I'm not trying to get rid of you."

We looked at each other and burst out laughing. We managed to contain our fits of laughter and chatted the with each other the rest of the period.

That's how the chaebol princess met the flower boy prince.







 

[Revised: 07/19/21]

사랑해요~