To The Picnic We Go!

Catch Me If You Wanna

"Yong Kyo-ah! Did I make you wait?" He asked me as he arrived on his scooter.

I smile at him and shook my head.

"Aniyo. I just got here a few minutes ago." I assured him as he steadied his scooter.

"Really? That's a relief." He looked at his watch briefly. "We need to get going, the hyungs are waiting for us."

Changmin introduced me to his friends one day and we clicked instantly. I learned that while he had a lot of friends, there were only five people he considered as his best friends; Jung Yunho, Kim Jaejoong, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu, and me.

Jung Yunho is the "appa" of the group and the second oldest. He's a kind and very helpful person. He's a very responsible person but he becomes quite childish when a certain someone is around. Yunho-appa is protective of our little "family" and I can tell that he cares a lot about us; especially our group's eomma.

"Okay. I hope Jae-eomma made me some ddokboki. I've been craving it for while now." I said, drooling at the thought of the spicy rice cake. He rolled his eyes as he handed me my helmet.

Kim Jaejoong is the level-headed "eomma" and the oldest of our group. He's a bit mischievous but not as much as Changmin. Jae-eomma takes good care of us and makes us food whenever we hang out together. Aside from the fact that he's a good cook, he's a fun person to be around. He's very feminine but he puts on a very convincing cool, manly act whenever we're at school. He's also in a relationship with Yunho-appa but no one outside our group knows that.

I swear, those pass as a married couple the way they do a lot of things together and do couple things that sometimes disgust the rest of the group.

"I hope Yoochun-oppa can make it. He owes me a rice ball."

After them is Park Yoochun, my older brother. That's right. Don't worry, he knows about me. That's why, secretly, we're the closest in the group. Whenever I get into trouble, he does whatever he can to help and covers for me when the need arises. I do the same thing for him as well. The others don't know of our chaebol origins nor do they know about us being siblings so they just assume that oppa treats me like the little sister he never had.

He may seem distant and cold but he's actually sweet and a bit of a comedian. But he's very protective of me. Yoochun-oppa is also fluent in the English language and he's also been in several dramas because of his "badass" acting skills. He's best friends with Junsu and he's the only one that can get him to listen to us.

"Changmin-ah, did you make sure that no one brought a soccer ball? You know how Junsu-sshi can get when there's a soccer ball lying around." I reminded him as I fixed my hair before putting on the helmet.

Next is Kim Junsu. That boy is obsessed with soccer and is very mischievous. When he's bored, he'd challenge one of us to game of soccer. He'd annoy us with his dolphin voice until one of us caves or Yoochun-oppa threatens him. We often enjoy bullying this dolphin and Changmin's the one who bullies him the most. Junsu also likes to do aegyo but we do our best to keep it down to a minimum. For some reason, he only listens to Yoochun-oppa.

"Don't worry. Everyone else knows and if Junsu-hyung brought a soccer ball with him, I'll just pop it and make it seem like an accident." He grinned evilly.

Then comes the maknae of the group and my best friend, Shim Changmin. Aside from being kind and extremely friendly, he's the most mischievous of the group. He enjoys pranking us; me being his favorite target. He can get very evil when he wants so we're always alert just in case.

If you were to ask who is the scariest among the six of us, hands down it would be Changmin. When he's very serious about something or mad, his voice becomes deeper and it tends to scare the crap out of us. When he's angry, well let's just say that you have a minute chance of survival. That's why we call him VoldeMin from time to time.

That's right. VoldeMin.

He is evil enough to be named after Voldemort.

His scariness aside, he's a good listener and never hesitates to say his opinion no matter how harsh it may be. That guy is kind and easy to befriend, therefore a lot of people like him. To top it all off, he's very handsome. So he's a huge hit with the girls. Even the ahjummas have a crush on him.

"I hope Jaejoong-hyung made a lot of food. Last time was very disappointing. The jjangmyeon I got was too little for me. I was still hungry afterwards but I didn't say anything because Yunho-hyung might scold me."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"You ate two big bowls of jjangmyeon, how is that too little?"

Did I mention he's a glutton? No? Well he is.

He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"You know me. I can't help it!" He said lamely.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Jae-eomma might get mad at us for being late again. Kaja!" I said as I wrapped my arms around his middle, secretly enjoying it.

He balanced the scooter and turned the ignition.

"Yong Kyo-ah. Hold on to me tight okay?" He shouted over the engine.

"Ne!" I shouted back as I slightly tightened my grip.

Finally, there's me. Park Eun Hye a.k.a Lee Yong Kyo. I may seem cold and uncaring at first but once you get to know me, you'll find that I'm the complete opposite. I like to sing but it's very rare for me to let others listen. I can compete with my brother when it comes to acting but I'd rather focus on my studies than memorize scripts. Yoochun-oppa once told me that I'd give directors a run for their money if I ever decided to go into acting.

I'm a very athletic person and I'd often compete against Junsu-oppa in soccer related games. Since I belong to a chaebol family, I'm well-trained in several different types of physical self-defense and I own several hand guns and automatic rifles despite the fact that I'm a girl. Yeah. My parents are that awesome. So if anything bad happens to me, I'll be fine on my own. Well, at least until back-up arrives.

 

[Revised: 07/19/21]

사랑해요~