Prank? I Think Not!

Catch Me If You Wanna

"Oppa, I still don't see why I have to help you guys." I said as I reached for a sandwich again.

Once again, the stupid dolphin slapped my hand away from the food. You know what I did? I kicked him hard in the shin.

"Nope. Definitely not gonna help you. Junsu's being annoying again." I said as I sat on top of the dolphin that was laying on the ground in pain.

Yoochun-oppa rolled his eyes.

"C'mon princess, can you help us? Think of it as payback for all the pranks he pulled on you. Wouldn't it be nice to see the look on his face when he realizes the prank we pulled?" Yunho-appa says as he and Jae-eomma joins us at the picnic table. Changmin had to run home real quick because he needed to check on his scooter so we were safe. For now.

I bit my lip and looked at Jae-eomma. Unfortunately, he had this look on his face that told me he wasn't gonna let this go and I sighed in defeat.

"Arasso. We have about thirty minutes to come up with a good prank. So keep the suggestions coming." I said as I got off of the poor dolphin.

15 minutes later, I found myself face-palming. The ideas they gave me ! The worst of it all was Junsu's stink bomb.

"That's it!" I slammed my palm on the table in annoyance. The table got quiet so I took it as a sign to continue.

"You should be ashamed of yourselves! Is that the best you've got? This is Changmin we're talking about! The master prankster!" They chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"If we want to prank him, we need to think big. It has to be epic. Nothing like the typical pranks. But keep in mind that it can't cause any unwanted issues afterwards." I said in a hushed voice.

"What are you guys talking about?"

We froze. Uh oh.

"Changmin-ah! We were just talking about the-"

"Upcoming talent show." Jae-eomma cut Junsu off.

"We were thinking of acts we could do for the talent show." Yunho-appa explained.

Aigoo~ These two...

"Oh, really? What have you guys thought of so far?" Changmin-sshi asked, falling for it.

"Singing. As a group." Yoochun-oppa chimed in.

"Singing?" The maknae shifted his eyes towards me.

"Yeah. Whaddaya say guys? Up for a challenge?" The dolphin's eyes twinkled in excitement.

YunJaeMin seconded the motion.

Yoochun-oppa and I exchanged glances.

"Yong Kyo-ah, can I talk to you for a minute?" Yoochun-oppa asked me.

I nodded and we excused ourselves from the group. We stood a little ways from the group, making sure they weren't within hearing range, and dropped the act.

"What is it oppa?"

"Eun Hye, leave." He said in a serious tone.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I looked at him in confusion.

"It's no longer safe for you to be here. People are starting to get suspicious. As much as I'd like to have you stay at the apartment with me, you can't. Abeoji's orders. You're gonna have to stay under the radar for now." I nodded absentmindedly.

"That means, you're under house arrest until further notice."

I scoffed.

"I don't see why I have to be. Why is it so dangerous for everyone else to know about me? What's the big deal?"

"I'll tell them that you've been picked as a model for some foreign brand and that you'll be leaving tonight to go to the shoot." He replied, ignoring me.

"Oppa, you didn't answer my question."

"What do you think, Eun Hye? Clothing line or make-up brand?"

"Yah! Park Yoochun! Are you even listening to me?"

"Meh, we'll go with make-up."

I groaned and left my idiot of a brother standing underneath the tree.

"Yong Kyo-ah, gwenchanayo?" Junsu asked me as I snatched my bag and a sandwich bag filled with my favorite food from the table.

"Yeah. Sorry guys, I gotta run. I forgot I had to meet up with Ni Neul-ah for tea. Good luck with the talent competition thingy! Annyeong!" I said as I ran to the path leading to my other best friend's house.

 

 

[Revised: 07/19/21]

사랑해요~