That fateful day...

Glass dreams and Nightmares

 

*beep* *beep* *beep*

My eyes shot opened to the sound. Realising that Luhan was still sleeping beside m, I came back to my sense and grabbed the phone from the bedside table, scanning through the messages. 

1 new message

I silently sighed in my head, it must be another assignment. Realising that there was an attachment, I opened it

He had a tall build, maybe even taller than mine which was what surprised me, dyed blond hair with hints of black, eyes a luxurious chocolate brown, eyebrows that were just the right size for his face and pale pink lips that formed an perfect oval. I stared into the picture with a sense of awe, wondering if this was a picture of a real person. I marveled at his beauty and style. Standing there for at least two minutes, I felt myself being drawn in closer and closer. Snapping out of my trance, I started to read the message

There is a picture attached to this message of your target

My stomach tightened and knew that this was going to be hard. But I gritted my teeth and continued...

HIs name is Kris, 23 years old

He is the only son of our rival organisation

We want you to kill him

Kris is being kept at their holiday house

A densely packed forest surrounds the house, so breaking through shouldn't be hard

But he will be heavily guarded inside

This is a mission you cannot fail

Your failure will not just result in your death

but also Luhan's...

Please keep that in mind.

My eyes widened at Luhan's name. I was fine with receiving punishment, but using Luhan just to control me to do whatever they want started to make my anger boil.

How can they treat us like this?!? After all these years of hard labor, they still treat us like some sort of animals they can use whenever they please, and dispose of whenever they want to. 

I want to scream these words out, I wanted to walk right through the doors of the headquarters and kill every single person there. Why us? Why not someone else?!? But this was a lesson I had learnt already...that life is ever fair.

I changed into black army pants and a black tank top, grabbed my facemask, dog tag and keys and headed out the door. 

 

Gravel met my boot as I stepped out of the car. I shivered in the morning chill, I breathed out and watched, as the cloud of mist floated in the air and disappeared. I checked the co-ordinates sent to me again "This seems to be the right place" I said to myself

Opening the boot of the car, a line of weapons met me. These were all different types of weapons specially designed for specific assignments. I decided that I needed to be as quiet as possible for a higher success rate. Taking 20 bullets, a PPS*, a couple of grenades and knives, I started jogging towards the forest. I moved quickly through the trees and bushes, making my silently across the forest floor. Finally the house came view, I started at it in amazement. "I wonder how they can keep a house this big hidden away for so long, this seems too easy" muttering away to myself.

I quickly survey the area, noting that four men were guarding the door. Gears starting turning in my head as I thought of a plan. I should be able to shoot them all in one go. That leaves me sixteen bullets...hmmm that should be enough. I silently nodded to myself, and positioned myself near the bushes. I took a death breath and counted

1...2...3...4

Before any of them could make a sound my silent pistol had hit one of them straight between the eyes, another in the head, the third in the throat and the last in the heart. As they dropped dead soundlessly one by one, I started moving cautiously towards the house. One foot after the other, planning my path carefully, knowing the people inside the house wouldn’t be able to detect my presence.

Strangely, the front door was unlocked, and swung open without a sound. The interior of the house gave a traditional Chinese style, with Chinese ornaments and paintings hung around the room, a large flight of stairs that lead up towards the upper floor and the series of sliding doors that encircled the stairs. I felt like something was wrong, this had all been too easy...

All of a sudden five men in black suits burst out from behind the paper sliding doors, shooting wildly in my direction. I thanked the lord for my reflexes, that had been polished and refined over the years, as I dodged their attack nimbly. Without a moment to think or hesitate I rolled out of the house whilst pulling the safety pin on one of my grenades and threw it behind me. 

*BANG*

The sound of the explosion rung in my ears and my eyes were struck with dust and ash. Through my blurred vision I saw a tall man moving towards the forest. Realising the situation, I quickly got back on my feet and ran in his direction. Hearing my footsteps the man turned around to look and widened his eyes in shock to see a purser. Lucky for me he stumbled, whilst panicking, and fell over. I kept running and was a few meters away from him as he started to crawl. I grabbed his ankle the moment I was within arms reach of him, and pulled him with all my strength towards my body. As the wounds inflicted on my body from the explosion start to take its effect, it was my turn to stumble backwards, dragging him along with him. 

"OFT!" I choked out as the man, who I finally recognised as Kris, fell on top of me and landed on my chest, knocking the air out of my lungs. 

I opened my eyes to see Kris passed out on my chest, I paused for a second as I saw his unconscious face. Wow people can still be this handsome when they are knocked out. I quickly shook those thoughts out of my head and pushed him off. I dusted myself off and stared at Kris again. I took out my knife and advanced towards him, but stopped. I gave a sigh, closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, I'm so going to regret this. I lifted Kris' body and slung it over my shoulder as I walked all the way back to my car and laid him in the backseat. 

"I can't believe I'm doing this" I exhaled, thinking of the consequences of my actions. But decided that it was best to think of it later. 

First I need to get Kris to a safe place...but what about Luhan? Will he be worried?

From: Tao

To: Luhan

I just finished an assignment, the boss said that he needed me for another assignment straight away

I'll be gone for a few days, so don’t worry 

I hope you won't be angry that I took these assignments on my self

See you in a few days ^^

Your little panda ㅋㅋ

"Now to take care of the boos"

From: Tao

To: SM

I have successfully completed the mission

but allowed some of his guards to escape

I will go and finish the job, before word of this gets out

I will be back in a few days

With that I turned off my phone, got in the car and drove off.