Thrown away

Glass dreams and Nightmares

 

There is a line, a thin line between in and out, up and down, this side and that side, love and hate...reality and imagination. People hide their darkness within themselves. We as humans love, hate, cry, hurt and smile. Some of us may decide it is best to lock away these emotions, but eventually we break, under the pressure, the stress and when we do break, we see the true face of human nature. The way we see the world is fabricated and shaped by events, experiences and people. We deny and reject the way the world actually is. We try to convince ourselves with what we want to know, see and hear. Even if we live a truly happy life, there is always an event in your life, no matter how small it is, that will be unfair, because that’s life. The world is a twisted place.

 

My name is Tao...and this is my story.

 

Although I was born in China, it was a cruel twist of fate that found me thrown away in the slums of Korea.

A cruel twist of fate that I met him...Kris


I was thrown away. Thrown away by those you would call ‘parents’. Dumped on the streets and left to fend for myself at the age of 12. My parents never wanted me, from the moment I was born; they have seen me as nothing but a burden. A burden they were desperate to get rid of. But what pushed them to finally decide to leave me behind puzzled me. It was only until then did I start questioning life, at such an age I was forced to realise that no one cares. Decisions in your life are made by you, no matter how hard you ponder on something, no matter how many opinions and advice you are given, no one will be there to help you, you are left alone with the voices in your head.

 

These years have been a struggle, a struggle for life. My will to live in this world was powered by one thing...to make sure at least one person in this world knows the cruel nature of life. I didn’t know if this was because I wanted someone to suffer the same why I did or I just wanted to help someone open their eyes to the world around them, because all we see or seem is a dream within a dream.

 

I was 19 when I met him. I became his everything and he became my everything...or so I thought...