Illusions

Glass dreams and Nightmares

Today is my 18th birthday. Six years have passed since that day... the day that changed everything. First being thrown away by my parents and then being part of a mass massacre. The whole game was to find the perfect killing machines, children who were lost, who detested the life they had, these type of children could be manipulated, manipulated into something beautiful in the eyes of the underground world. It was hard to believe that leetuek, who was like a smiling angel, suddenly became the most powerful triad leader in the underground society of korea. His illusion of purety and innocence was shattered within seconds. 

These past six years with Luhan had been hell. Everyday we would be trained and worked to near exhaustion, we were beaten if we failed to do a task, depreieved of food adn water. Slowly we changed... we didnt even notice ourselves. We mentaly built a barrier between us and the outside world, protecting ourselves from poeple. Luhan and I became cold blooded killers, not caring if our target was male, female even children. We killed them all without hesitation.

"Tao...Tao!...TAO!"

I quickly averted my eyes from the night sky and turned my head to the firgure who was standing there.

"Jeez Tao stop spacing out" Luhan chuckled. "I can't even get you to pay attention on your birthday!" He chuckled. 

"Haha I'm sorry, I was just thinking about...cats" I smiled. Luhan sensed my hesitation but let it go. 

"I'm sorry we couldn't do anything special this year...again" Luhan's voice trailed into a whisper. He's eyes started to form tears and suddenly he lashed out "Why can't we ever do anything for ourselves!" He yelled. Luhan suddenly turned to me "I can't take this anymore,I can't do it" his voice becoming bearly audible". I looked at him sadly. Since the beginning he had't been able to kill anyone, every single time we went on a job, I insisted that we do it together. I knew that he wouldn't be able to do it, if our superiors would have gotten rid of him. I wanted to protect him so I weaved the illusion of Luhan being the same cold blooded killer I was. I kept on convincing him to put on the facede, to stay strong. I would help him shoulder his burden as well as my own. Even though Luhan protested at first, saying that we were in this together, seeing the look on his face, I knew from that moment that I had to help him. 

"It's ok" I whispered while comforting him "As long as we have each other to lean on". Luhan looked up at me with watery eyes "I should be the one protecting you since I'm the hyung...I'm sorry" I looked at him with disapporving eyes "No, I want to protect you...just promise me you won't change, you won't become what I have" Luhan gazed at me with fierce eyes "NO!, you are the same person as you were when I first met you, someone who was kind and caring. You haven't changed at all!" 

I chuckled and patted his head "Yeah...I guess you're right" Luhan gave me a satisfied looked and layed down beside me on my bed. 

"Goodnight Tao... and Happy Birthday" Luhan whispered

I smiled as I looked as he sleeping face and brushed the hair out of his eyes, as his slow paced breathing became light snores.

 

Yeah Luhan was right... I haven't changed... I was like this from the beginning


Sorry I haven't updated in a while T^T Some things came up and I haven't had the time to 

This was a really bad short chapter sorrryy, I have a lot of ideas on how this fic could go

but I haven't really finally decided yet.

Kris is FINALLY going to make an appereance in the nect chapter YAYYY!! lets all celebrate XD

Haha and thank you again to all those who subscibed ~~ <3