First Meeting

Love Works Wonders

III.

Kibum didn’t know where he got the balls to walk up to this gorgeous man who sat at the bar and offer to purchase a drink for him. To his surprise, the man didn’t shoo him away and accepted it.

Although the music was loud and booming, it was tremendously silent between the two.

“D-Do you come here often?” Kibum cursed himself for saying that stupid, over-used line.

The man looked at him and chuckled, amused. Kibum’s face heated up as he took a sip from the beer in front of him. He smacked his lips at the bitter, strong taste.

“I actually don’t. This is my first time here,” he replied, calmly.

Kibum was in love with his cool, calm demeanor. He was a complete opposite of the rest of the men in the club.

“Really? Me too…” Kibum said, nodding. Kibum glanced at the man for a couple of seconds. His clothing was mundane; he wore denim-washed jeans and a black button-down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked like the CEO of an important industry, not someone ready to get down and dirty in a gay club.

Kibum noticed his empty glass and beckoned for the bartender over to refill him.

And this kept on. They would utter short sentences to each other, and then Kibum would call the bartender back to refill his drink.

Kibum was about to make another lame remark when the man leaned in and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

 

. . . - - - . . .

 

Minho was never a good drunk which is why he found it smarter to avoid alcohol. He didn’t know why he was letting this blonde stranger buy him several drinks, neither did he know why he accepted them and kept drinking.
He forgot about the main reason he came to this gay club for this intriguing man had distracted him from it all.

He found it cute how the other played with his fingers as he asked foolish questions. He didn’t think before acting, causing him to lean in and kiss him.

, , , this is not good. Minho cursed as he pulled away. I’m not supposed to be doing this.

The younger – Minho assumed, since he looked so youthful – cupped his cheek and kissed him again. His pink lips were soft, luscious, and warm. The blonde entangled his hand in Minho’s soft, brown hair as the kiss deepened, becoming wild and needy.
Minho stood from the stool, pulling the younger with him. He pushed him down against the counter, ignoring the annoyed look of the bartender who was probably thinking that if they were going to do what they were doing; they should find another area. Minho didn’t care though. He wasn’t thinking logically as he tugged at the younger’s black wool sweater, which was observably too big for him, feeling his flat stomach underneath.
By now the bartender was clearing his throat and tapping continuously on Minho shoulder. “Take this somewhere else,” he said, and him saying that somehow made something in Minho’s intoxicated mind wake up and realize what the he was doing.

“Sorry,” he whispered against the younger’s jawline and was off.

He would catch Nickhun tomorrow, and hopefully there would be no cute blonde there to distract him.

 

. . . - - - . . .

 

Kibum lay there with his stomach visible, just blinking at the ceiling. It wasn’t until the bartender commanded for him to get up, that he got up and went to go find Jinki and Daesung.

Kibum couldn’t believe he just did that with a stranger…

But it was amazing. Kibum smiled as he hugged himself. He wanted to see that stranger again…soon.

 

. . . . . . . .

 

Kibum tried his hardest to dye his hair back to brown the next morning, but he wasn’t fully successful. By the time his mother was yelling about how the school bus was going to leave him behind, he was basically a dirty blonde.

“,” he swore under his breath as he stared into his reflection. This wasn’t going to fly at Genie High, since having your hair dyed wasn’t allowed there. He grabbed a navy blue beanie and threw it over his head. “Meh,” he said. He didn’t like how he looked, but it didn’t look too bad.
His eyes widened as he glanced at his reflection again. It was big and purple, and it was damn well noticeable hickey. “, , …” he muttered to himself as he searched for scarves. It was a bit chilly outside, so it’d make sense to wear a scarf. No one would question him.

“Kim Kibum!” his mother shouted from downstairs.

“I’m coming, mother!” he replied, as he looked at array of scarves in annoyance. All of them were bright and happy colors that everyone would notice if you walked in Times Square, in the day time at least.

“Kibum, if you miss the bus you are walking to school! Do you hear me?!” came his mother’s threatening voice.

Kibum rolled his eyes and grabbed a hot pink scarf with white polka-dots and began wrapping it around his neck as he bolted down the stairs.

“Here, here, Kibum-ssi,” a maid handed him some toast with Nutella smeared on the top of it. He made his way out of the door and saw the school bus making its way around the corner.

Ugh. Kibum thought. He’d have to run after that damned bus now. And, god, Kibum despised running.

However, after realizing that he wasn’t going to catch up to it any time soon, he just decided on walking. Of course, he arrived late to class and surprisingly didn’t get scolded by Mr. Choi. He didn’t even question him why he was wearing a navy blue beanie with a hot pink scarf in doors. His fangirls gave him odd glances but didn’t dare utter a word. They figured that their oppa was just setting another fashion statement.
Jinki tossed a note on his desk:

Whoa, what’s with the mismatching hat and scarf?

Kibum sloppily scribbled on the paper and tossed it back:

Couldn’t dye my hair back fully and just something happened.

I told you not to dye it.

Whatever but, ugh, Jinki, I want to go back sometime...

Honestly I don’t want to go back!

Why? You and Daesung were getting along great.

No, no, it was ing weird.

What do you mean?

“Jinki, answer number eleven,” Mr. Choi called out, his voice sounding groggy and unusual.

Jinki balled up the note as he read some complicated equation out loud. Kibum leaned his aching head on the cool desk; he wanted this day to just end so he could to go to White Swallow and find that mysterious man that made him feel like the most special thing in the world. He spent the majority of that period, and also up till lunch, daydreaming or either sleeping in class.

“So what were you saying about you and Daesung?” Kibum questioned as they carried their lunch trays to their usual table.

“Like I said, it was weird,” Jinki said, taking his chop sticks into his hands. “I just don’t think I’m gay…”

“Didn’t Daesung say we were just going for fun?”

“Yeah, but… it’s obvious Daesung is attracted to me and brought me to that sort of environment to tell me… to… you know…” Jinki sighed. “Where did you run off to?! I brought you there so it wouldn’t be just the two of us.”

“I…” Kibum didn’t know what to say. Jinki had no idea that he was gay, and honestly Kibum didn’t know how he’d react if he told him. He’s your best friend. Kibum tells himself as he took a deep breath. “Jinki… I… I’m…”

“Hey, you two!” Daesung interrupted. He wrapped an arm around the both of them and laughed wildly. The air suddenly became awkward and Kibum was sort of thankful towards that goofy fellow.

Not yet. He told himself. It’s not the right time yet.

 

. . . - - - . . .

 

Minho stopped Kibum after seventh period and pulled him aside. “I just want to let you know not to stay after school, today? I have something that I need to take care of,” he explained. “But don’t forget to turn in your essay tomorrow, alright?” Minho gave the boy a peculiar look as he bowed. Why was he wearing a hat and scarf indoors?

Kids these days… Minho shook his head as he headed back to his class room.

 

. - .

 

When Minho reached his condo, Jonghyun was sprawled on the couch fast asleep with the TV on with FULL volume. He was watching some silly gag show, Minho noted as he turned the television off.
He quickly went into his bedroom and changed into some dark jeans and a blue v-neck. He stuck his holster in his pants and was out of the door.

He wanted to talk to Nickhun before he started his shift.

If he hadn’t had goofed off yesterday he would have already have this taken care of. He was serious as he waited outside the club, which was not opened yet.

Maybe about an hour and a half Nickhun showed up in a red hoodie. “Hey,” Minho called, but Nickhun ignored him. “Hey!” Minho caught up to him and grabbed his elbow harshly. He was in a no-bull mood. “I need to talk to you,”

“What the do you want?” Nickhun spat harshly. “I got something that I need do,”

“Yeah, well me too,” Minho frowned. “You know who Mr. Seo In Guk is, right?” Nickhun’s face paled. “Of course, how could you forget a man like that?” Minho tilted his head to the side, his eyes cold and as scary as ever. “His money. Where is it?”

“I-I…I have it…well…some of it…” Nickhun stuttered. “I…couldn’t really…I…I got mugged okay? I didn’t get to sell much, so I’ve been working here to make more money so it wouldn’t look as if I’d just taken his money…”

“Give me what you got,” Minho put it simply.

“C-Could I give it to you some other time…?”

Minho kneed him in the stomach. “Give me what you ing got!”

“You crazy bastard! Here!” he spat, throwing a roll of money at him. Minho shot him another menacing look before stuffing the money into his back pocket and walking off, just as the sun was setting.


 

;ok so I want to make this clear; when Minho is being a teacher he wears his glasses, when not working he doesn’t wear them. When he’s killin’ people most of the time he wears dark sunglasses so he’s not recognized. aaand his multi personality disorder (its very important in this story).