Schemes

Letting you go

 

 

 

Changmin stood up, too happy to see his best friend again and embraced him for seconds. “I’m busy nowadays but I’m great. By the way, I would like you to meet my friend, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to do. Will he act as if he know Siwon or not? He is somehow nervous for he just declined the invitation of Choi Siwon awhile ago saying that he had a make-up schedule. ‘I’m screwed.’

 

Kyuhyun took the initiative to bow first and offered his hand. Deciding to pretend not to know the actor seems the only way he can get out of this.  Siwon, not replying but accepted Kyuhyun’s hand seemed to read the stylist’s thoughts so he would like to ride on in his plan.

 

“You don’t have to use formalities on me Kyuhyun-ah. I told you that before, right?” Siwon grinned a little bit just to make Kyuhyun nervous. That is one of the faces he anticipated to see the most.

 

“So you to know each other already?” Changmin asked but got a contradicted answer from the two of them. Kyuhyun telling him ‘not really’ while Siwon said ‘of course’ and these statements made him confused.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, why are you like this? I know that you know me pretty well. Didn’t we meet before at a make-up schedule?” Siwon pouted a bit by the denial he received and wanted to continue with the flow. “Didn’t we meet up awhi-“

 

“Ah… Of course we met before at Heechul-hyung’s schedule, right” Kyuhyun was a little giddy and didn’t let Siwon finish his sentence for he doesn’t want others to know that they are already in a coffee meeting basis.

 

While Changmin was observing the two, he was wondering why Siwon didn’t tell him that he had already made a  move towards his profound target. Siwon always tell him what he’s doing, whenever it’s a message or a call. The two were the best of friends since childhood until now. He knew all of Siwon’s secrets, habits and personalities and the same goes for the other.

 

A question popped in his head: Does Siwon forget to tell him about this or Siwon was keeping a secret from him and keeping this guy away from his sight, knowing that they have the same taste in everything? ‘Siwon’s not like that. I’m just making a big deal out of it’ Changmin shrugged his stupid thoughts out of his head and lightened the mood while getting back on their seats.

 

 

Everyone in the group was enjoying their stay while having their shot of vodka. The friendly Donghae offered him a glass and gave him a warm smile giving him the sense of welcome he needed. Kyuhyun realizes that there are still celebrities who are good-mannered, endangered species to be specifc because according to his experience, most of their attitude can be considered a .

 

Kyuhyun was starting to feel comfortable in the group even though he doesn’t speak that much. Loud laughs can be heard from the crowd because of Changmin’s silly jokes. Siwon was a little inactive today, just laughing and not joining Changmin’s antics today for some reason. On the other hand, Kyuhyun was giggling subtly when he felt two eyes piercing him at his right side. Even though he’s not turning his head towards that person but he can recognize that gaze, he can see Siwon in his peripheral vision staring at him intently.

 

He eventually tried to face Siwon but he couldn’t catch him looking. Once again, he tried to look if Siwon is still watching him and much to surprise, their eyes met but Siwon isn’t flinching and Kyuhyun was the first to look away. Flustered Kyuhyun got caught stealing a look at Siwon excused himself for a while and headed for the restroom.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun pushed the door briskly while catching his breath. “Why is he staring at me that way? Perhaps he was angry at me? Why would he be?”  Kyuhyun reasoned out while talking to his own reflection. Kyuhyun opened the faucet and drew the water to his face, feeling all hot and restless. He raised his head up after washing his face only to be followed by the guy who’s staring at him awhile ago.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say for he just denied this guy two times this day. First for denying his offer at the coffee shop awhile ago and the second was denying him infront of his friends that he didn’t know the actor. What more can he say when this guy staring at him looked angry and has the right to be ballistic. All he can is a simple greeting.  “Ermm.. Hello?” Kyuhyun greeted with an awkward smile and a tone of hesitation in his voice.

 

“I thought you didn’t know me.” Siwon sulked for a moment then continued. “Are you embarrassed of me?”

 

Kyuhyun was surprised with the question because it is the other way around. He pretended not knowing Siwon because the actor might not want others to know that he knew a mere stylist. “Well, it’s not like that. I don’t want them to know that we knew each other because it will be an embarrassment for you. Anyways, it is very rare for celebrities being friends with their stylists that’s why I fend up for you a little.”

 

Siwon was not giving a reaction and Kyuhyun was waiting for a response but got nothing. “I guess I talked too much.”

 

 

Siwon decided to walk closer to Kyuhyun who was stepping backward until his back bumped at the concrete wall only to be cornered by Siwon with his right arm on the wall. Kyuhyun was trapped and Siwon lowered his head to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Why did you think that having you as my friend will be my embarrassment?”

 

“Because you’re a star and I am a nothing?” Kyuhyun mocking himself made Siwon knitted his forehead.

 

“Wrong answer.” Siwon caressed Kyuhyun’s cheeks that made the butterflies in Kyuhyun’s stomach grumble. “I want to be your friend not because of any other reasons but because it’s you. Why will you be an embarrassment? You have a different thinking than I thought”

 

Kyuhyun’s heart was fluttered by those words; he was touched hearing those words from Siwon. Of all the people he had met, this person made his heart beat faster than normal… he doesn’t know if it was a good sign or not.

 

“Then, thank you for that. How I wish we could talk in a comfortable way and not in this state.” Kyuhyun slowly put his hands on Siwon’s chest to push him a little in that suffocating position but Siwon didn’t even budge; instead, he moved closer and whispered to Kyuhyun’s ear.

 

“Who said you’re free to go? We’re not even finished yet.” Siwon’s hoarse voice brought Kyuhyun goosebumps and sent tiny quivers in his joints.

 

“Then let’s talk about it but not this close.” Kyuhyun’s voice was so obvious; he was a little tense while chuckling in a fake manner.

 

“I’m only going to set you free if you confessed what you did wrong today.” Kyuhyun can feel his hot breath and closed his eyes for a moment to remember what he did wrong. He didn’t lie; he was supposed to be in a make-up appointment with Changmin but now he was in a bar. He was being pulled by that guy without him knowing and that was the fact. He knew nothing about this gathering and he was innocent. However, he had a very hard time thinking when he felt light-headed with Siwon’s body nearly pressed to him.

 

“I did nothing wrong.” Kyuhyun uttered in an almost inaudible tone. He was dizzy in that moment, blaming the vodka for it.

 

Siwon smirked at his response. “So like Simon Peter who denied Jesus three times, my new friend also denied me three times. So you are not so innocent, are you?” Siwon hushed in a mischievous tone.

 

 

Kyuhyun was surprised by Siwon’s statement. He was accused wrongly and he was not guilty. “But I swear that I didn’t do any—“ The creaking of the door  got both of their attention and the guy gaped at the scene he saw. “So you two are close, very close indeed.” Changmin asked a little too serious, pointing at their intimate position.

 

Kyuhyun successfully got Siwon away from him and distanced himself from the actor. “I guess you should do your thing now, Siwon-hyung. I assure you the toilet bowl is clean.” Kyuhyun escaped the bathroom fortunately through Changmin, the one to be blamed.

 

Siwon can see through Changmin that he was a little mad, maybe for not telling his updates nowadays…maybe not that. “Hey Min, sorry for not telling you stories these days. It’s been hectic and all.”

 

“So you’ve been very busy not to tell me stories when you have time to know and meet him?” Changmin reasoned out making Siwon smile goofily and made him want to tease his best friend more. “My best friend is jealous now. Can I know to whom? Jealous of Kyuhyun or maybe… jealous of me?”

 

Changmin cannot believe that the telepathy they have is strong, so strong to even read what he was just about to think.  “Why would I be jealous? Does that even make sense?” Changmin laughed it off but the tinge of nervousness in his eyes didn’t escape Siwon’s prying eyes.

 

“Changmin-ah, you know that Kyuhyun is my goal, right? Moreover, you said that he was your friend so can you support me, your best friend?” Siwon sensed that his bestfriend was interested in Kyuhyun so he purposely asked for his help. What a delicately cruel mind Siwon has.

 

But Changmin was neither dense nor stupid. He was way far from that. He knew that Siwon had known him having affection towards the guy yet asked his moral support. This only means one thing for him and he understands it very much. Siwon’s been testing their friendship in this situation. If humans will have some kind supernatural powers, he might have telepathic wonders while Siwon will be granted a mind-reading one. Very similar but truly different. 

 

Changmin walked closer towards Siwon just to flick his forehead earning a darn scolding on the actor. “Why would you ask for my help if you can do this on your own? It’s like you’re asking me to feed you when suddenly when you always do it by yourself daily.” Changmin facepalmed himself and added “You’re definitely getting weirder each day. It was the last thing I thought I’ll hear from you.”

 

“Yah, are you my friend or what? Why don’t you just say yes or no?” Siwon grumbled, slightly poked the retreating figure of his friend’s waist.

 

Changmin turned around to face him with a smug smile Siwon wanted to erase. “I thought I’d want my life more exciting these days, don’t you feel it too?”  Siwon shook his head in disbelief. ‘I thought you’d say that. ‘ Siwon wished he doesn’t know Changmin that much… so much that he can even read those thoughts.

 

Siwon let his arms sling around Changmin’s shoulder while telling him that he was a naughty boy. Changmin barked off telling that he was no different from him making them erupt in laughter. “You do know that birds of the same feather flock together, right? That is why I believe we’re best friends, you punk.”

 

 

 

Meanwhile, when Kyuhyun headed back at his seat, he was thanking Changmin mentally for disturbing their conversation although it was a waste that it won’t happen in the future anymore although he won’t admit it to himself. While calming himself in that comfy sofa, the friendly guy came over to his direction and sat beside him.

 

“So who’s your type?” Donghae said it casually as if picking isn’t a big deal.

 

Kyuhyun was confused on the topic Donghae brought so he returned back the question. “What type?” he said it innocently which made Donghae’s lips twitch into a smile.

 

“What I mean is who do you like? Is it Changmin or Siwon?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, surprised to  hear it from someone he just knew.

 

“Of course I like them both. They are my friends.” Donghae was amused by the answer. He patted his head in acknowledgement that he liked the guy. “A very safe answer, kid. I like that one.”

 

Kyuhyun seemed to like this guy. He was casual and friendly, suiting that angelic face of his. He never thought that this CF star would be so nice to him because most of the innocent faces he had met tend to be an , based on his experience. These group of celebrities in this club turns out to be good people. He just wished most of the celebrities are like these.

 

“Hey, I would like to give a friendly advice to you. I think it is best if you would keep your relationship as friends for the both of them. I mean, those two were not finding a serious relationship to begin with and I don’t want you to be a victim.” Donghae was concerned about this guy for he seemed inexperienced in this field.

 

Kyuhyun assured the man that there will be nothing to worry about. “I just want to be friends with those two, no more no less.”

 

Donghae just nodded but he can feel something. He brought Kyuhyun’s hand in his lap to tell him something sensitive. “In case you stepped out of that line, just in case… please be careful and not to be so serious or else… you might not be able to get out.”

 

Kyuhyun sensed the worry in Donghae’s eyes so he smiled and gripped the hands tighter. “It will not happen and if in case I stepped on the line like you said, I’ll take your warning.”

 

Donghae sighed in relief, relief that what he had said will be imprinted on Kyuhyun’s mind. “I’m not making the two look bad infront of you but that was the truth. Anyways, I really love those two dongsaengs of mine.”

 

Kyuhyun cannot believe that Donghae was older than the two. With that baby face he had, he looked even younger than he was. “Excuse me, how old are you, really?”

 

Donghae was delighted to see the stupefied expression on Kyuhyun’s face. “I’m afraid I’m turning 28 this year.”

 

“Really, you’re from that.” Kyuhyun was amazed that this face belongs to a guy who is in his late twenties. “I get that a lot.” Donghae patted his chest with his head held high, somehow giving off little waves of ‘prince syndrome’ symptoms.

 

 

 

The two were now back and Donghae whispered something on Kyuhyun’s ear before standing up and left Kyuhyun with the two. “So what did he say?” asked Changmin.

 

“Nothing much.”

 

The VIP Room door was opened and a guy with a serious expression on his face entered the room searching for someone. “Eunhyuk-hyung, want to party with us for a bit?” Siwon walked closer to the guy and welcomed him with a hug.

 

“I can’t. I’m here to fetch Donghae. He had a schedule early in the morning so he has to go home now.” Eunhyuk saw his talent flirting with someone near the bar counter. He walked towards them and tapped Donghae on his back. “We have to go now.”

 

“I don’t want to. Can’t you see I’m talking to someone?” Donghae said in a whiny tone. “I’m not going.”

 

Eunhyuk’s expression was always blank; it cannot portray any sort of emotions even though he was dealing in something difficult. “I guess I got no choice after all.” Eunhyuk pulled Donghae against his will and got out of the room. The scene causes everyone to be silent.

 

“I guess Donghae’s still suffering from his one-sided love. A talent to a manager. How ridiculous.” Siwon scoffed as he made the mood lighter by initiating a karaoke right after the commotion. Kyuhyun was saddened by the realization he just noticed. That’s why he was so concerned and warning him not to fall too deep for he doesn’t want to happen to Kyuhyun what had happened to him.

 

Everyone was into the karaoke while Kyuhyun was dozing off. He never thought that the guy who was always smiling got a wound like that. Who would not love a person like that, he thought.

 

The bottle was spinning round and round until it stops in the direction of Kyuhyun who was still not conscious on what was happening around him.

 

“Yah, Kyuhyun-ah. It’s your turn.” Siwon elbowed him a little to get his attention.

 

“But I’m not a singer, I’m a stylist.” Kyuhyun said in hushed voice, only for Siwon to hear. “That’s not important. Just go and hit the stage.” He pushed Kyuhyun in the back for an encouragement and the people roared his name when he was on his way to the stage.

 

Kyuhyun held the mic tightly, closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. It was one of the ways to calm his nerves down. “Good evening everyone, tonight I’m going to sing ‘My all is on you.’ ”

 

Everyone clapped their hands as the intro begin to play.       

 

 

~Living a year in just one day
Even if I grab my head with my heart
The morning without you
Because it’s bright like yesterday’s
I don’t want to open my eyes
Little by little, I’m becoming weird
A voice I want to forget
I close my ears and listen
The sky I’m looking at by myself
Because it’s bright like before
I can’t open my heart
I’m crazy for you, So to speak
The memory of all those days of love
A heart that can’t stop
Wakes up my heart that wants to sleep, Let it go
Wanting to turn around, your memories are now
Left only inside pictures, You’re my endless love
All the memories of loving with you
I tuck away in the left side of my heart without change
Even if I start with a new person
I keep going on with a new heart
The small feelings that kept rushing, Don’t even stop by
Even if I try to erase you and forget you, I smile several times
The memory of all those days of love
A heart that can’t stop
Wakes up my heart that wants to sleep, Let it go
Wanting to turn around, your memories are now
Left only inside pictures, You’re my endless love
That day long ago when I first saw you
Practicing saying “I love you” by myself
Still, those words are repeated alone
I’m crazy for you so to speak
The day I can say I love you
The time spent with you in my arms
How is it such a blessing to me
Let it go, Past memories I want to have again
All of them remain, like the first time
You’re my endless love~

 

The audience was silent for a moment then gave him a standing ovation. Smiling faces can be seen in the room, hoping that he was the one who made them happy.

 

“Yah, you’re so good. Why aren’t you a singer?” Someone in the audience roared.

 

“I know right. He’s really good. If he was a singer then Changmin’s got to be careful.” The other one added.

 

“I can hear you, punk.” Changmin threaten  the guy, making the people inside laugh their asses off.

 

Kyuhyun was searching for someone but he can’t find him anywhere. Changmin walked towards him and embraced him in a bear hug. “You are so good~” Changmin singsong as he was amazed by the boy’s voice. “Why the heck did you become a coordi?”

 

Kyuhyun was still searching for Siwon, his focus was not on Changmin. “I guess there are reasons. By the way, did you see Siwon?”

 

Changmin was disappointed by his question that got his mood flail down. “Ah, he has a schedule right now. Let’s not talk about the person that’s not in here. That’s boring.”

 

“Okay then I’ll ask you something different.When will I get my  day-off?”

 

“When  do you want to start?” Chanmin asked the boy who was excited at the topic.

 

“Tomorrow?”

 

Changmin smiled and pressed the cheeks of the boy. “Then tomorrow it’ll start. Just three days, right?”

 

 

 

Right after Changmin had drive Kyuhyun to his house, the sylist got a text from Siwon stating.  ‘I wish I would have stayed longer but I can’t. One thing’s for sure, I really enjoyed your singing. I wish you would sing more. Remember what I said awhile ago, we’re not yet finished… Well then, good night. :) “

 

That simple text got Kyuhyun awake for the night. He would want to hear those words from Siwon.  He would not want to sleep because reality is now better than his dreams.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

A/N: I had a hard time updating when there is a turmoil in my ship.  My Wonkyu ship almost sink but luckily, it never happened. This ship will continue to sail until I'm not an ELF anymore which will never happen.  I really loved the song 'You're my Endless Love.' It's in the second album which reminds me of Kyuhyun's accident and how he struggled to recover during that time. Sorry for some typos or grammar errors. Good day folks^^