Epilogue

Life After Marriage

Epilogue

 

I was worried hell. My wife was in the labor room, ready to give birth to our first baby. She was hurt and I felt hurt along with her. I felt hurt because I couldn’t do anything to ease the pain she was holding on.

I was pacing back and forth in front of the labor room. Sometimes, I would stop to peak what’s happening inside, but of course I couldn’t see anything.

It’s been 4 hours since she’s in there. I was really worried.

Someone put the hand on my shoulder. I turned around and found my sister in-law, Michelle.

“Seohyun, you should calm down. Don’t worry too much. I’m sure Steph and the baby are gonna make it well!” she supported. I smiled gratefully as she pulled my hand and told me to sit. I obeyed.

My wife’s family was here, as well as mine. They really cared a lot about Tiffany unnie and the baby. I cared too.

Soon, I saw two men and a little boy were coming. It was Kyuhyun oppa and family. Suho ran towards his grandfather and grandmother first. Then, he came to me. He shamelessly sat on my lap.

“Mom,” my brother called. He hugged our mother, and gave her a peck on the cheek. Siwon oppa only bowed and greeted my father.

“Father,” Kyuhyun oppa hugged my father, then followed by Siwon oppa.

When  they saw Tiffany’s family, they bowed politely.

“Mom-my… Mama Ppany…” Suho spoke. I was really happy to see him called my wife mama. He was so close to Tiffany unnie ever since my wife was pregnant. I was jealous much.

“How is it going inside?” Siwon oppa asked in curiosity. He had assumed Tiffany unnie as his own sister.

“The doctor hasn’t come out, so I didn’t know the progress yet!” I answered truthfully. He nodded. Kyuhyun oppa reached for my hand.

“Don’t worry too much. I’m sure she’ll be okay!”


-
 

2 hours and 48 minutes later (yes, I counted), the labor room was opened and the nurses came out, followed by the doctor.

“Doctor, how is she?” I asked him. I was eager too much to know about my cupcake.

“Congratulation Ms. Seo, you got a boy!” the doctor said and smiled meaningfully. I couldn’t hold my tears, so I cried. Michelle was shedding tears too. She hugged me by my side. We thanked him many times.

“Can I see her?”

“For now, I assured her to rest. She’s been fighting so much in the room earlier. She didn’t scream much, which meant she was rather relaxed and thinking positive. You can see the baby in a while, but you can see Ms. Hwang when we changed her to the ward,” the doctor said. I thanked him once again.

Soon after he walked away, I hugged Michelle unnie, my mom and dad. Then, I lifted up the growing little bow, Suho in the air and kissed him.

“Suho-yah, you got a brother!”


-
 

I had informed the friends about the news. They were really happy.

A year ago, Hyoyeon unnie and Hyomin unnie gave birth to baby girls. Sooyoung unnie and Hyoyeon unnie’s baby girl named Choi Jinri. While Sunny unnie and Hyomin unnie named their baby girl Lee Sunyoung. I was amused much how the babies’ surnames are named after Sooyoung unnie and Sunny unnie. But according to my mother, when my baby is born, the baby’s surname should name after Tiffany unnie instead because she’s the baby’s biological mother. Apparently, the baby didn’t really have my blood.

I agreed even if I didn’t really accept the fact that the baby was not really mine.

The doctor told me that I could visit her, so here I was in the room after she was charged from the labor room. She was sleeping peacefully. I had seen the baby, and the boy had my wife’s eyes. So pretty~

I sat by the bed side and hold onto my wife’s hand.

Soon after, she woke up from her slumber.

“Juhyun…” she called. I looked up and found her smiling. I smiled as well.

“Have you seen the baby?” she asked. Her voice sounded so tired, and I was hurt because of that.

“Yeah, I have seen him. He’s so handsome and pretty, like you!”

My wife smiled reached her eyes.

Then, the ward soon was greeted by a loud greeting from the family and friends. My mother stood closer by the bed side and so was my father in-law.

“How are you doing, dear?” my mother asked in concern. I was happy that my mom cared for Tiffany unnie just like she cared for me.

“I’m doing okay, mom. Don’t worry!”

“Steph, you gave birth to a pretty boy! I’m so proud of you!” my father in-law said. He then hugged his daughter, soon joined by Michelle unnie and Leo oppa.

“Congratulations, Fany-ah! You had fought so much to go through this!” Jessica unnie congratulated her. She then kissed her best friend’s forehead and so was mine.

“You too, Seobaby!” she said.

“Yah, don’t call her that. Only I can call her Seobaby!” Tiffany unnie scolded Jessica unnie. It was so comical because my wife was jealous so much even at this moment. The rest and I chuckled.

“Why? She’s still our baby, because she’s the maknae!” Jessica unnie provoked. She just tried to make her best friend jealous. But Fany unnie chuckled instead, and so was Jessica unnie.

Then, the ward’s room was opened, and the nurse came in with my baby. The nurse then gave the baby to me. I carried the newborn boy and brought him to Fany unnie. We held him together.

“What should we name him?” I asked. She turned to look at me before deciding.

“Let’s name him Sehun, Hwang Sehun!” she said. I agreed immediately.

“Eh, why is it named after Tiffany’s surname? Shouldn’t it be Seohyun’s instead?” Sooyoung unnie asked in confusion. My other friends were confused much too.

“Because the baby logically doesn’t have Seohyun’s blood. He has someone else’s instead. But lawfully, he’s still Seohyun’s son!” my mother answered in behalf of us. My friends were nodding away.

I saw my wife was staring at me. I looked up and found her was still staring, deep.

“Are you upset that the baby doesn’t have your blood?” she asked me softly.

BINGO! That’s what I was thinking. She knew me so well.

“That’s not the case…” I tried to deny it, but she quickly cut me off.

“Like what mother said, he’s still your son. Even if he doesn’t have your blood, he still has the same features as you. Look at his eyes…”

I looked at the baby boy and found him opened his eyes. What a good boy, he didn’t cry. He woke up from his sleep.

“He has a pair of pretty eyes. His eyes are sparkling just like you.”

I looked at her. She was smiling beautifully, and I knew her words were true enough. The baby did really have my eyes – they were sparkling.

I closed the gap and kissed my wife in front of the others. They were woo-ing, but I didn’t care much. We just kissed each other passionately.

My life is already completed with having Tiffany and little Sehun by my side.

 

The end…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four years later, another baby was born. It was a girl, and this time, Seohyun gave birth to her. They named the baby girl, Seo Bora (Sistar). Their kingdom is completed with Sehun as the prince, and Bora as the princess.

 

THE END