Chapter 10

Dyscalculia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Seung Hyun's POV)

I woke up earlier than usual today to get my hair done at the saloon. I made an appoinment with the hairstylist nuna two days ago and today's the only day she's free to attend to me.

"Oh Seung Hyun-ah. What style do you want this time?"

"Hmm.." I paused to think for a while. "Just give it a trim and dye it to mahogany brown will do."

"That's all?"

"Yeah. Why do you say that?"

"Nothing, it's just that you always go for the vibrant colors, making you stand out more," nuna chuckled. I smiled at her response. I was glad it didn't take long because I was getting bored from just sitting and doing nothing but to wait for my hair to get done. After she was done, I thanked nuna and headed for YG Building.

Since I did not eat anything yet, I decided to go to the pantry to get myself a cup of coffee. I crouched down to search for an instant packet but I couldn't find it. Weird. I remembered the last time I took one was from the bottom cupboard. Now where is it? After a few minutes, I gave up searching for it. I stood up and didn't realize there was somebody behind me, so i ended up colliding with her.

"Oh my god!" It turned out to be Audrey. She looked shock to find me there and she brought her hands to her chest while breathing rapidly. She closed her eyes for a second, before bellowing, "Yah! You! What the hell are you doing crouching down there? Aish, seriously. My life has shortened by ten years because of you!"

"I was looking for the instant coffee. Where is it?"

"It was moved to the top shelf," Audrey sighed. Then, she moved forward and opened the top shelf right behind my head. She is standing real close now and I could smell her shea body butter that she always uses. I breathed in her scent and if I lower my head a little, my lips could have touched her left collarbone. I look her in the eyes when she stepped back. She blinked a few times and used her a fingers to adjust her bangs- a habit that I've come to know when she's nervous. Clearing , she handed me a packet of the instant coffee. I see her eyes slowly moving towards my hair.

"Oh! Your hair! Did you dye it? It looks brownish and come to think of it, it's a bit shorter though," she said.

"Yeah I did."

"Aren't you supposed to keep your hair black? You're still filming the movie, right?"

"It ended already. So I dyed it mahogany brown." She smiled. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just that brown is usually the last color you would choose if you wanna dye your hair. Why so simple all of a sudden?"

I kept quiet for a while before answering, "There's this girl told me I looked good in this hairstyle." She snorted and said, "So you wanna look good for her?"

"Uh huh." I wondered if she remembered that she told me once that this hairstyle suits me the most- a soft 9:3 parting of my hair slicked back, creating a very manly look, almost adult. That was one of the few times that Audrey had told me I looked good. Normally, she'd just brush me off like I was any other person when everyone around me would be like, "Woah, you're too good looking for your own good." If it was her, she'd say "Don't be so full of yourself. Now, get lost." That is one of the things that I like about her- she's unpretentious. 

"Who could that girl be?" she sniggered. Now she's just making fun of me by the sound of her laughter. "See you around." With that, she left me alone in the pantry, still holding the packet of instant coffee. The thought of she's not taking me seriously makes me want to throw the packet away. I'm not in a mood for coffee anymore.

I felt a vibration in my pocket and took out my phone. I received a message from Hyun Joong-hyung asking to meet at Antipodean Cafe during lunch time. That's nearby. I replied a quick 'Okay' and went to the practice room. Ji Yong asked to come to the office today so that we could practice more on our choreography since there were changes made here and there. Time passes quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter