Chapter 17

Dyscalculia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is Teddy-hyung? He said he's here with his friend," I thought to myself silently as I scanned through the restaurant. Spotting a group of men right in front of me, I realized Teddy-hyung was standing there talking to-- is that Seung Hyun?! Oh my god. I thought hyung said Seung Hyun wasn't coming! What is he doing here?! Oh god. If I could get a penny for saying "Oh my god" these days, I'd be rich by now. Maybe I should just make an excuse and run for it!

Just as I want to turn around, Seung Hyun's eyes met mine. , , . I walked over towards them and put on a convincing smile.

"Heyy guys. Sorry for keeping you waiting. Yah Choi Seung Hyun, I didn't know you're coming."

"No biggie. He bailed on me to meet up with girls together with Ji Yong and Seung Ri over there," Teddy-hyung cut in while giving a small chuckle, pointing towards the corner of the shop where a group of people are sitting. Meet up with girls? I looked over and saw Ji Yong and Seung Ri happily chatting away. Feeling a small pinch in my heart, I took a look at Seung Hyun.

"Ah hyung, I told you it's not like that! Audrey, I didn't. I--"

"Ah, that meet up with Seung Ri's friends?" I asked casually.

"Yeah, but I didn't--"

"He only makes friends with girls in college? I see now why you're here. There's quite a few to choose from," I said to Seung Hyun, trying to contain my rising anger.

"Just let me--"

"I'm so hungry! Let's order something already, hyung!"

"Right, sure. Oh by the way, this is David. David, meet Audrey," Teddy-hyung said while introducing his friend to me. Only then I realized that there's another person among us whom I recalled that hyung was going to invite to this dinner as well. We exchanged polite bows and headed to the nearest table. 

"Oh Seung Hyun-ah, do you wanna join us?" Teddy-hyung asked. Before Seung Hyun could reply, I said, "I'm sure he wouldn't want to be rude and leave his company over there. Let him be, hyung." Seung Hyun looked surprised for a moment but gave in anyway. He muttered a silent but clear answer, "Yeah, I had better get back there."

I do not want to go through tonight's dinner with Seung Hyun in front of me. Seriously! First of all, I agreed to this dinner because I was told that he wasn't coming. Then, lo and behold, what did I find? His physical self in front of me right now, meeting girls with his dongsaengs. Since when is he into this kind of stuff? I thought meeting new people intimidates him?! I guess not, then. And after what happened last night, he could just go through the day like any other day, like he had not just kissed the hell out of me?! I just think it's unfair that after last night, he could just easily move on and here I am, still squirming at the thought of it! 

 

**********************************

(Third party's POV)

Throughout the dinne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter