Chapter 9

Dyscalculia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I plopped down my handbag on the sofa and headed to my bedroom. I picked out a pair of pajamas and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. After changing into my pajamas, I the laptop and placed it in front of me. Checking emails before I sleep is a habit. I scrolled through my inbox and deleted the unimportant ones. I have been checking for the availability of John Green's books in limited edition for over two weeks now. Apparently it is not sold here yet. I love reading his books. His writing is otherworldly, I must say. He strings together the simplest of words but makes it as heartbreakingly as possible.

I glanced at the clock and it's almost an hour past midnight now. I feel a sting in my eyes, indicating that I really need to go to bed. I turned off my laptop and the lights. I lie myself down on the comfort of my bed and close my eyes. Not falling asleep yet, I found myself thinking of earlier events- the elevator, the dinner, the dance.

In the elevator a while ago, I was more surprised at Seung Hyun's act than feeling 'attacked' by him. Heck, I trust him, even with my life. But the way he adjusted my blouse back there looked so normal, it caught me off guard. It was as if it came natural to him to notice these kind of things. It certainly did not help in clearing things when he act so nonchalant about it- it's like it's his role to make me feel like I am being protected by him.

And the clams just now. I find myself pondering about Dae Sung's words. "What else that is left that you guys do not know about each other?" I have known Seung Hyun for the longest time. Even so, I couldn't fathom what is he thinking at times. He could be so unpredictable, you really would not know what to expect of him. I only told Seung Hyun once that I don't like to eat clams and that was really long time ago. Just that one time. Ever since that, he would always eat clams off my plate if there's any. So, it didn't come off as a surprise when he did it again just now. I am more perplexed at the fact that he remembers it even after I had only said it once. Any other person could have bear it in their mind if I mention

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter