Two

The Mute

I got up and yawned silently when I heard my alarm ring. I picked it up and put it next to Daehyun. Kekekekekeke....

I was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden I hear:

WOW FANTASTIC BABY!

I jolted up. I saw Minnie right next to me, holding an alarm. She smiled. 

I smiled at his appearance. Bed hair, black tee, green basketball shorts. I scribbled a 'Get ready! We have 30 minutes!' on a green post it and gave it to him. I ran into the bathroom afterwards, grabbing my outfit. I heard him chuckle lightly. I put on my outift, which consists of a black tee shirt, black leather jacket, black jeans, black high top Converse, and a black spike bracelet. I like black. I did my morning things, braided my hair sideways, put on cat- eye eye makeup (like CL's), and came out.

I threw on a white tee, black jeans, and a black leather jacket. I put on my black Converse and waited for Minnie so I could use the bathroom. She came out, wearing all black. I threw her a sandwich.

He threw me a sandwich. I caught it and gave him a tiny smile as a thank you. I took in his outfit and grinned on the inside. I grabbed a white post it and my two sharpies I keep with me, a black one and a purple one. I uncapped the black one and wrote something on it. I gave it to him. 

Minnie handed me a note. It read:

Thanks!! Kekeke your outfit matches mine. Let's get to class. We'll eat on the way.

"Arasseo..." "Kaja!" I opened the door for her.

I mouthed a 'thank you' and walked out. I tugged on his arm. I gave him the 'follow me' gesture and walked down the hall. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for a day's bullying. As we walked to first period, which was drama, I heard people saying rude things about me.

I followed her along the way to drama class. I heard some really bad things about her from other people. "Ew look, it's the . And who's that behind her? He's hot, but I feel bad for him." "She's such a ." "Emo." "." "Goth , you don't belong here." "Why is a hot guy walking with the mute?" I knew it. I knew she was mute. I took a deep breath and was about to defend Minnie, when I felt a hand on my arm.

I saw that Daehyun was about to defend me. I don't know why he would, I mean, half of the insults were true. I'm emo. I'm mute. I'm goth. I put my hand on his arm. He looked at me. I shook my head. Dae seemed to get the message that I didn't want him to help. We sat next to each other. I gave him another note.

She handed me a note. It said:

I lied. They don't let me paint our dorm just because I take Performing Arts. They let me do that because I live there.

I looked at her, taking in the new information. So she has no home. Probably no parents too. She scribbled something else on the same piece of paper.

But I don't want pity. Don't pity me.

My eyes softened. "I won't." She nodded firmly.

Meanwhile, the whole class was watching them converse, the girls ogling at 'their oppa' (Daehyun) and glaring at Minnie.