One

The Mute

This color will be the color that I will use to put any notes!! When it is Minnie's POV, the color of the text will be Purple. When it is Daehyun's POV, it will be Green. When it is both their POVs, it will be Blue. My POV (Author's) will be this color!!

 

Hi. Park Minnie is the name. I'm mute. I don't talk. Don't ask why, you'll find out. Maybe. Anyways, I was painting the outside scenery- I know. Seems a bit strange for someone like me to paint scenery- when I heard a knock on my dorm door. Why would anyone be knocking. I mean, I have no friends. I put the paintbrush down and walked to the door, still wearing my smock. I opened the door. I raised a brow at the boy standing in front of me with luggage. 

I knocked on the door. I really hoped that my roommate was a nice person. The person opened the door and raised an eyebrow at me. She was wearing a smock. My roommate had choppy black hair with the ends dyed purple. Her eyes were a dark gray. I put a smile on my face and said, "Hi, I'm Jung Daehyun, your new roommate." I bowed out of respect. She did the same. She opened the door a bit wider and let me in. I took in the sight. There was a bunk bed, (It's normal for a guy and girl to room together.) the bottom messy, and the top neat. I threw my bags down onto the top bunk. I looked around. There was an easel set up, facing the window. The painting was incomplete, but it was beautiful. One of the walls were covered with colorful sticky notes. "Can you tell me where is everything?" I asked. She nodded.

I opened the unused closet. I picked up his luggage and put it in there. He seemed to get the hint that that was his closet. I gave him the follow me gesture. I pointed at the white door that had music notes on it. 

She pointed at a door that was filled with music notes. There was a wooden sign with the words "Studio" carved into it. It was amazing. "Did you carve this and paint the door?" She nodded. "They let you paint on the doors and walls?" I asked, still shocked. She nodded again. "Wow." I said. I watched her get a pen and a piece of  notebook paper. She wrote something on it and folded it into an airplane. The girl threw it, making it land near my feet. She sat on the bed, watching me. I picked it up. The airplane read:

Hi. I like to draw in my free time. I speak Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin). That is my studio. Please do not go inside. By the way, this is the biggest room on campus. I came from the States, although I am fully Korean. And, in case you were wondering, yes, my eyes are really this color. My favorite colors are black and purple. I am 19 years old, my birthday being December 24th. Can you properly introuduce yourself please?

Park Minnie

I looked at her. She stared back with expectant eyes. "Hello, I'm Jung Daehyun. I speak Korean and Japanese. I am also 19. My birthday is on June 28. I am from Busan. My favorite color is green. I sing." Minnie nodded, a tiny smile on her lips. She threw another airplane at me. This one read:

Btw, they let me paint this room because I take Performing Arts. The bathroom is across my studio. If you want to enter the studio, please ask. Your schedule is the same as mine. I know because that is the reason you are my roomate. Plus, you'll have to sit next to me in all classes except during meals. My role models are Big Bang and 2NE1! YG!! I like your hair :D 

Minnie

I watched as he read my note. He smiled. "Yes, you can call me Dae. I like Big Bang too. VIP BUDDIES!" he shouted enthusiastically. I nodded, grinning a bit. "Oh, and thanks! I like your hair too." he added sincerely.

He got used to the room as I cleaned up the mess I caused while painting. We ate some pasta that I cooked. Yes, we have a mini kitchen too. Soon after that, I crawled into the bottom bunk. I scribbled a 'Good Night' on a purple post it and stuck it near Dae's pillow. I turned off the light. 

I climbed onto the bunk that was now mine and saw a purple post it near my pillow. I grabbed it and read it. 'Good Night' was written on it. I smiled. "Good Night, Minnie sshi." I fell asleep afterwards.

-Time Skip-

I started crying softly. Call me a baby, but I miss my family. They died in a plane crash when they were coming to visit me because I was in the hospital while they were in Korea. I was staying with a family friend that time. Soon after that, he died too. I shuffled towards my studio. I opened one of the drawers and saw my blade. I brought it towards my arm, the sleeve of my shirt lifted up. Now there is four new cuts on my arm, an addition to the other cuts that are all over my arms and some on my stomach. Call me emo. I don't give a . This is my pain reliever.

I heard someone sniffling. I got up silently and looked at the time. My phone read: 2:27 AM. I heard Minnie walking towards her studio. What would she be dong in there so late?

I scrambled back into bed after putting on bandages. I tumbled into a dreamless sleep.

I lied down, my head on my pillow. My roommate. Park Minnie. This girl seemed different. Now that I think about it, she doesn't talk at all. She only 'talks' via paper. At first I thought, maybe she was just shy. But now that I think about it...

I sat up, finally realizing. Park Minnie, my roommate, was mute.

 

 

Do you guys like this chapter so far? Please tell me your opinions to make my fanfics better in the future! Please remember to comment and subscribe!!