My Dear Ahyoung

The Phone Mishap

Ha Na's POV

"Poison."

The color drained from all of our faces as Yesung whispered the dreadful word. 

"How is that even possible? Mi Cha and I drank our boba and we're fine!" exclaimed Eun Hee.

"I don't know," said Kris.

I know how that was possible: Iseul. She must have snuck some poison in there somehow when we weren't looking.

"For now, though, we should go check up on Lu Han at the hospital," he continued.

 

One thing I hate about hospitals is the weird hospital smell and the look of sick people everywhere. But here I am sitting next to a sick baby-face boy who's asleep in a hospital-smelling room and bed.

"Oh Lu Han," I whispered, "I'm sorry I wasn't cautious enough about her."

I moved his bangs out of his face and turned around to check the other six that are sleeping on the hospital chairs and couch. I was sleeping as well, but woke up to the sound of a tossing and turning Lu Han. 4:33 in the morning read the clock, which meant we've been her for thirteen hours already. When we arrived at the hospital earlier, the doctors told us they got the poison out just in time. That gave us all great relief to hear that Lu Han was still alive.

 

An hour later I woke up still sitting in the chair next to Lu Han, but now my head was lying on his pillow while his head was above mine and faced me. I smiled at the thought of how we looked, but it was soon vanished when I noticed that two people were missing from the room. Krystal and Yesung. I quietly left the room and walked in the eerie hospital hallways. It was now 5:37am ,and everything was so quiet except for the sound of the nurses going to patients' rooms. I let out a deep sigh and went outside to the small garden behind the building. Maybe some fresh air will help my worried, paranoid mind.

 

"As if that's going to help," I herad Krystal say. I spotted the two by the fountain in the middle of the garden, and quickly hid myself behind some trees and shrubs. I know eavesdropping is bad, but I can't help my curriousity.

"It will help if we bring Ahyoung here," said Yesung desperately. Ahyoung? As in Shin Ahyoung?

"You know that Kris will freak out and hate us for eternity."

"Well, we should tell him now or never. Plus, Ahyoung is the only one who can help us with the plan."

Plan? What plan?

"Although I hate to say it, you're right. I'll contact her in an hour, but we can't tell anyone about this and about her still alive.

That was all I could her before a hand covered my mouth and dragged me back to the hospital.

 

"What was that all about?" he asked me with a sort of angry tone.

It turns out Lu Han woke up and saw me leaving the room. He was worried and queitly followed me, which made him hear the conversation between Krystal and Yesung. He brought me back to the hospital before the two would spot us eavesdropping on them.

"I honestly have no clue, but all I know is that Ahyoung was a childhood friend of yours. I don't get what the big deal is about her,though," I said.

Lu Han let out a big sigh as we stood on the rooftop of the building that gave a beautiful view of the sun rising.

"Do you want to know what why Ahyoung is so important?" he asked in his gentle, angelic voice.

I nodded my head and watched him speak.

"As you know, Ahyoung is a childhood friend of ours. We practically grew up together like siblings, but Kris was always a bit romantic with her. It wasn't till high school that he was deeply in love with her, and the two started dating. After high school ended, the two were still together until they both turned 20. Right after the 4-year anniversary, Ahyoung suddenly announced she was leaving for China the next day. We still don't know why she left and why soon suddenly, but all we heard was that she got into a car accident a week later. Kris was devasted and got into depression mode. The worse thing was me getting poisoned a year later."

Is that why Kris seems cold sometimes? I can't imagine to lose two beloved people like that. 

"Kris became so cold after what he's been through. He has gotten happier after I was released from the hospital, but sometimes he remembers what happened those years ago and his personality just switches. To hear that Ahyoung is still alive will surely make Kris happy, yet he would be sadden by the fact that she has contacted once or tell him she's still living. I don't know why Krystal and Yesung need her to carry out whatever plan they have. Krystal and Yesung are always up to something, though,"

His eyes were filled with sadness and confusion as they stared at the glowing sun rise before us. He seemed so stressed out by the fact that his childhood friend is still alive somehow. I didn't know what to do or say, so I wrapped my arms around him from behind. I felt him tense up for a bit then started to relax his body and shoulders. We stayed like that for a while until I remembered something:

Where is Iseul?