CHAPTER 5 : Happiness X Disappointment X Misery

[FIC] A BIG LOVE PRETENDER

-Seungyeon’s POV-


I sighed as I staring my phone. No one called me, no, no man called me at all. My phone inbox was filled by messages from Hara, Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung and some from Jinki. I sighed again. Now I was lying down on the living room couch with the TV on. This place is really lonely with no one but me. Even the TV’s voice couldn’t beat the loneliness of this place.

I already began to face the new semester. And it was an insanely hectic one. All of my lectures seemed found a supreme level of joy to see their students doing a heaps of paper work and book analysis. Gosh!

It was just the first two months and I already felt extremely exhausted. And I rarely met Jinki in college. I bet he was struggling with the tasks too or maybe I was too busy to even recognize him at college?

We rarely had a lunch together at college. But, when we had one, we would talking all the way, creating our own world and it was always fun to talk with him. Now I even found myself being so comfortable with him, like I already knew him for ages. We have a ‘click’. So cliché, huh? But really, our personalities matched so well so in no time we became good friends.
I changed my position on the couch. I was lying down on my tummy while hugging the couch’s cushion.

What I have to do now? My paper works were completed and so did the book analysis, I sighed.

I wonder what are the others doing now? Hara? Maybe now, she is making lunch in her love nest with Minho or maybe busy preparing for their wedding that will hold next month? Nicole? Busy preparing their new recipe for their restaurant with Key. Gyuri? She must be busy accompanying his father on meetings. Jjing? She is struggling hard in the school now. How about Jinki?

I sighed again. Surprisingly, sighing became my new habit nowadays. I moved my feet back and forth, right and left, trying to amuse myself, but it were all vain. I sighed, AGAIN. I would die of boredom soon, I thought.

Then, suddenly my phone got a message. I quickly grabbed it and read the message.

From : Lee Jinki

“Hammie sunbaenim! Annyonghaseyo~ Just greeting you, because I am a good hubae. K k k.”



I smiled as I read the message and I immediately replied it.

To : Lee Jinki

“What a good hubae :) You must bring me offerings on Monday, then! Lol”


I was humming a happy song when Jinki sent me another message.

From : Lee Jinki

“Forget it! I will become the mischievous one! What are you doing now?”


I smiled. My mood boosted up already.

To : Lee Jinki

“Dying of boredom :( This place is really lonesome.”


I smiled to myself. This place seemed brighten up by Jinki’s messages. I even squealed sometimes.

From : Lee Jinki

“You are dying?? Let me be a knight in shining armor to save you from the boredom! How about taking an afternoon walk today? Please take me for another tour. :)


I shrieked a happy voice. I replied his message as quick as possible.

To : Lee Jinki

“Another tour? I’d love to. What time?”


I stood up and dancing a random one by myself.

From : Lee Jinki

“I will pick you up at 4! See you then, Hammie sunbaenim :)


I jumped happily and walking to my room, preparing for the afternoon walk with Jinki.


-Jinki’s POV-

“What’s going on? Don’t try too hard to smile widely,” Jonghyun teased me when I was texting with Seungyeon. We were sitting on the dining table, enjoying our lunch, a delicious curry that made by Jonghyun.
“No, I am not,” I smiled.
“You have to look by yourself. You even make your eyes into just a line,” Jonghyun laughed a bit than fed himself another spoonful of curry then stuffed his mouth with rice.
“Ah, really?” I laughed too. I could feel my phone vibrated again.

From : Hammie Seungyeon

“Okay, deal! See you soon :)


I squealed on my chair because I was so happy.
“Ya, Lee Jinki! Please stop acting weird today! You scared me!” Jonghyun shouted me from across of the table.
“Sorry, Jjong. I am too happy,” I smiled as wide as I could. And I squealed again, just like a little kid. Jonghyun smiled to himself.
“What is it? A date, huh?”
“Yes, kind of. I will take a walk in the afternoon with her.”
Jonghyun squealed now.
“Oh my God! What a progress! Is she too easy, Jinki?” Jonghyun suddenly asked with a serious expression.
“No, believe me! She is not an easy girl at all! She is the honest and naive one, Jjong. She will say happy if she's happy, and tell otherwise if she feels that way. She is just a petite-lovely-naive-honest-cute girl, Jjong.”
"Ah, yes, I understand," He stopped for awhile. “She is older than you, right?”
“No problem, love takes it over, Jjong,” I smiled to him.

Then, my phone went vibrating. I looked at the phone’s monitor. Mom?
“Omma!”
[Jinki-ah, you should say ‘hello’ first, you know??]
“I’m sorry, omma. What’s wrong?”
[I just want to tell you, tonight we are going to have together with Park family. You should come home now, son.]
“Eh? Now?!” My heart sank to the deepest ocean. “I already have an appointment!”
[Ah, son. Please cancelled it. It has been a long time since the last time having a dinner together. I am so sorry, who is it? Jjong?]
I want so say Seungyeon’s name but it might be worsen the situation.
“Forget it. I will be there soon, Mom. Bye.”
I hung up first then sighed desperately.

“Sounded not good,” Jonghyun commented while chewing.
“It is, Jjong,” I snorted. “I will cancelled my date today.”
Jonghyun moaned.
“Oh, nooo! I already wanted to spy on you two!”
“What?!”
Jonghyun gulped.
“No, I saw a flying cat over through window,” He said nervously.


-Seungyeon’s POV-

“Minho-ah, please wake onnie up, the dinner’s ready.”
I heard Hara’s voice in the darkness. Then I heard Minho’s.
“But, I think she is in the deep sleep, Hara. Let’s wait for some times.”
Ah, Minho, you are so kind, no wonder Hara loves you that much, I smiled.
“I awake now,” I said as rubbing my eyes. I accidentally fell asleep on their living room couch.
“Ah, you are awake, noona,” Minho said as he smiled to me. He always acted this way, a fatherly’s way. I smiled to him. “You barely sleep these day, didn’t you?”
I nodded to him.

“Onnie-ah, I made curry stew tonight, you like it, right?”
“Uaaaaaa,” My smile widened as I walked faster towards their dining table. Their kitchen and dining set were really adorable, similar to the one in my place. “Your cook is always a daebak, Hara! Your cook has been always my favourite!”
I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back, even tighter. I shrieked happily. Three of us laughed together.

Yes, Hara saved my day, after Jinki cancelled our afternoon walk, I snorted.
“Why are you snorting on the dining table, onnie?” Hara pouted to me, nagging me.
“Ah, nothing, sorry.”
Minho and Hara exchanged glances. I pouted as I chewing my food.

Wish him know how much I disappointed was! I really disappointed, disappointed, and disappointed! Ah, how could I become so childish like this? He has an appointment with his family today, in another city. Thanks God. Hara’s house-warming invitation saved me from the despair. Thanks, God, really. Thanks a lot, I muttered in my mind by myself.

The dinner ended at seven o’clock. I decided to go home by myself, but Hara insisted me to go with Minho by his car.
“Hara-ah, I’m okay! I already turned 23 now,” I said that.
“Onnie-ah, I know! But you are too cute to go alone, wandering on the dark street, I scared that you will be teased by some strangers!”
“Yes, noona! Please, let me dropped you by my car,” Minho added forcefully.
Then two of them were begging with their puppy eyes. I moaned.
“Okay, I understand! I understand!” I gave in. Hara hugged me before I went out.
“Bye, Hara!” I waved her and she waved back.
“I am leaving,” Minho walked behind me, passed Hara. She gave Minho a quick kiss before he left. I smiled. They are so lovely together.

Both Minho and I were silent on our way in the car. It was the first time for both of us for being left together like this, without the cheerful Hara by both of our side. Actually, Minho is a quiet person and me too. So, the atmosphere was kind of awkward. And now, we were stucked in a heavy traffic. We both kept quiet for a long time.

“Your new place is a lovely place, Minho-ah,” I broke the silence. Minho smiled without moving his glance.
“Thanks, noona,” He stole a glance at me, still smiling, then went back to focus to the road. “You know what, noona?”
“What?”
“Sometimes I got jealous of you,” Minho laughed as he said those words. I laughed too.
“Why? You got jealous of me? Why? Why?” I asked him. The awkward situation evaporated immediately.
“Hara always loving you wholeheartedly,” He said. “At the first time, I couldn’t hide my jealousy.”
I laughed quite hard.
“Really?? Ah, that’s why you were so cold to me at the beginning, right? Am I right?”
“Yeah, kinda,” He laughed shyly. “Sorry, noona. I was so childish back then.”
“Sorry from me too, Minho,” Minho took a quick glance to me. “For acting like an irritating mother-in-law.”
Both of us laughed hard this time.

“You bet, noona!” Minho still laughed loudly. “At the first time we met, I just kind of irritated of the way you acted. But you and I changed, right?”
“Yes! I was, too, so childish back then,” I added while still giggling.
“We had to through it all, noona. Before reaching the maturity physically and mentally,” Minho said wisely. I laughed again.
“You know Minho?”
“Yes?”
“Sometimes you looked like a father to me, really. Your fatherly side is so strong!” Minho laughed again.
“And I find you like my own children, noona,” He said it with a wide smile. “Your childish side is way too strong for me! Overloaded cuteness, no wonder Hara treasures you very much."
We laughed together again. We were so happy, just like a happy father and his daughter.

“Okay, I’m leaving, noona,” said Minho when I already stood in front of the apartment’s entrance. Because of the traffic, we arrived at about a half past ten.
“Minho-ah, I’m so sorry for troubling you. Ah, it’s all because of the traffic and now you have to go home late like this.”
“No, noona. Thanks to the traffic we could chat comfortably, from heart to heart,” He said. I laughed.
“Ah, yes. You right, appa,” I said it jokingly. He laughed.
“Okay, have a nice sleep, noona!” He said as starting the car’s engine then waved at me. I waved back and he left.
I kept looking his car until it was disappear from my sight. Then I sighed. Suddenly, I felt sleepy so I turned back and suddenly my heart stopped. I recognized the man that standing a few yards in front of me.

“Han Seungyeon,” He called me. I knew him. I used to love this voice. I used to fond of that figure. I kept standing on my spot when he called me again, with a sad tone.
“Seungyeon-ah.”

My lips began to tremble. My heart beat faster and it ached so much. I fully aware that now my vision got blurry because of the tears.


“Kim Kyu-jong….”