CHAPTER 4 : A Good Morning

[FIC] A BIG LOVE PRETENDER

-Seungyeon's POV-


“Ah, I am so sorry for the inconvenience,” Minho bowed to Jinki. Hara hissed at me.
“Onnie, how come you forgot your own friend? You caused a chaos in the morning!” she asked me, pouting. Three of us were sitting in the dining room while Hara making the breakfast. I glanced at Jinki and bowed my head for many times.
“I am so sorry! Sometimes, I got so clumsy,” I said it with full of guilty. Jinki laughed.
“Even too clumsy,” Hara added. I pouted at her immediately and she laughed.
“No, it’s okay, Seungyeonssi. I am glad to see you recovered now,” Jinki said that to me while smiling very sweetly. I just couldn’t stop blaming myself.

“Okaaay, the breakfast’s done!” Hara put the pot of my favorite kimchi stew on the dining table.
“Ah, it looks good, Hara-ah!” I shrieked happily as I grabbed my bowl of rice, and so did Minho and Hara. But then, I realized that Jinki hadn’t move at all when I was chewing the yummy kimchi stew.
“Jinki-ah, why don’t you eat?” I asked.
“Ah-umm, yes,” He hesitated for awhile and took a spoonful of kimchi stew and tasted it. “It is delicious, Harassi.”
“Thank you very much, Jinkissi,” Hara replied him with smile.
“Hara’s kimchi stew is really a daebak*, Jinki-ah. It is my favorite, with lot of tofu too,” I added. Jinki nodded too.
“You like tofu too? Me too!”
“Really? Waaah, it’s a daebak!”
He and I laughed together, even didn’t realizing Minho and Hara were staring at us confusedly.

“Onnie-ah, please help me for awhile,” Suddenly she dragged me to her ex-bedroom and closed the door.
“What is it?” I asked it while chewing the food that left in my mouth.
“Why you never told me about this before?” She whispered, sounded slightly angry.
“What??”
“That you already moved on from that culprit and having a new boyfriend,” Hara whispered impatiently.
“He is not my boyfriend, he is just an acquaintance.”
“Acquaintance?” Hara looked me with a disbelief stare. “But, you two looks so close.”
“He and I are alike, really. He’s just too comfortable to be with, Hara-ah.”
Hara stayed silent for awhile. Then, she looked at me with widened eyes.
“You could ask him!” She whispered again.
“Huh? Ask what?”
“To be your roommate! How’s that?” Hara said it excitedly.
“No way!” Hara pouted at me.
“Why? He is really nice. And I think you two will go out soon.”
“No way! I will never make him become my roommate unless…”
“Unless?”
“He is a gay, you already know it.” I said seriously. Hara sighed.
“Ah, it’s up to you, onnie-ah. But, based on my intuition, he is not a gay.”
“So he won’t become my roommate, then. Hara-ah, let’s continue our breakfast,” I held her hand and went back to the dining room together.

After we had the breakfast, Jinki helped me with the dishes while Hara and Minho took out the boxes full of Hara’s stuff to his car outside.

“They are already got married?” Jinki asked me with a low voice. I shook my head.
“No, they still engaged but in three months they will get married.”
“Oh, I see.”
Then, we continued washing the dishes in silence.
“Onnie-ah!” Hara’s head showed from the main entrance. “Minho and I will come back this noon to take the left boxes! We’re leaving!”
“Yes! Be careful on the road, Hara-ah, Minho-ah!” I shouted as I walked to the main entrance.
“Bye-bye,” Minho waved at me and bowed to Jinki, who was standing behind me.
“Bye, onnie, Jinkissi,” Hara waved and then went in to Minho’s car. Then, they left.

When Jinki and I went to the living room. I suddenly pulled his sweater.
“What is it?” He asked me softly.
“I am so sorry. You even took me home last night. I must be really troublesome,” I said it with a low, guilty tune.
“Oh, my. Still thinking about that? No problem, really. Even then, because of that, I know you better, Seungyeonssi, ah, no. Hammie,” He smiled mischievously.
“How did you know?!” He laughed really hard.
“You were really drunk last night, and you said that to me.”
Now, two of us were sitting on the couch.
“Really? And then, what did I say beside that?”
“Umm, you mumbled curses as well,” He giggled. 
“Oh, my. I even cursed on my sleep,” I sighed. “What a bad mouth.”
Jinki laughed when I slapped my mouth lightly. Then the almighty silence wrapped us again.

“So, you will live in this place alone?” He suddenly asked.
“Yes, Hara is officially moved now,” My voice sounded so sad. Jinki patted my shoulder. And then, a phone’s ringtone ringing from somewhere. Jinki quickly reached his jean’s pocket.
“Ah, it’s mine. Hello?”
I looked at him while he stood up and busy talking with someone else on the phone.
“Yes, yes. I am going back, Jjong. Yes, I know! I know! Yep, bye,” And he hung up. I kept staring at him and he smiled to me.
“Ah yes, I have to go back to my dorm, Seungyeon, “ I could the disappointment flowing within my body.
“Ah, yes.”

“See you at the new semester, Seungyeonie,” he smiled at me when he finished wore his shoes. I smiled at him too.
“It’s still three days later, Jinki.”
“Yeah, I can’t wait to study in my new college!” He shouted to himself. I laughed to see him like that. He was childish too, just like me.
“So, be careful on the road, Jinki-ah,” I waved, trying to ignore my sadness for being left alone.
“Seungyeonssi.”
“Yes?”
“May I know your phone number?”
My heart shrieks a joyous roar.
“Of course, just tell me if you face the hardship of being a freshman,” I said jokingly as I gave him my number. He laughed and then my phone went vibrating.
“That’s my number, Seungyeonssi. Have a good day!” He left with a wide smile on his face and me too.
I can feel the warmth of the sunshine soaked to my bone, what a beautiful day!


-Jinki’s POV-

Phew, what a day!
I walked to the bust stop nearby while holding my phone. I stared at an account on my phonebook.

Hammie Seungyeon
010-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx


I found myself smiling widely, from ear to ear. My mood was really good today. Thanks to Seungyeon!

In twenty minutes, I reached my dorm. I took my dorm key out of my pocket and opened the door when someone shouted my name from the inside.
“Ya, Lee Jinki!”
It’s Jonghyun.
“Where have you been? You weren’t in your room last night!” He talked really fast, he always like that when he was worrying something. I laughed.
“Something happened last night, Jjong,” I entered my room, approaching Jonghyun that acting like my mother. “So, I couldn’t go home.”
“Huh? What happened? Tell me, Jinki!” He shook my hand. I smiled at him.

Jonghyun and I are best childhood friends. We even have know each other when we were still two? Yes, maybe around that age. We even could interact with our eyes. Both of us moved to this dorm together when we knew that we were accepted in the same college. Jonghyun took Chinese Literature major and me, Architecture major.

“I met someone.”
“Huh? Someone?” His eyebrows clashed into one on his forehead. “You went to our college yesterday, right?”
“Yes, I did.”
“How’s our college?”
We now were sitting on our blue sofa.
“Our college is quite big, you know. You might be lost for the first time visit,” I explained with my hand gestures.
“So, you lost, huh?” He laughed happily, mischievously.
“Of course not!” I smiled widely. Thank to Seungyeon!
“Really? What trick did you use?” Jonghyun asked jokingly.
“I met a sunbae on my way,” I smiled.
“Wait a minute, I think I feel a romance presence here. There’s someone showing a love beam through his eyes!” He teased me. I shook my head, too embarrassed to admit that I was interested to Seungyeon.
“No! No! Nooooo, Kim Jonghyun! It’s not right!”
Jonghyun smiled mischievously.
“Don’t lie to me, Lee Jinki. I have known you for more than fifteen years. I even know if you want to go toilet so bad just by reading your face. SO, WHO IS SHE?”
I sighed. I could feel my face blushed and Jonghyun realized that too.
“A sunbae that I mentioned before,” I stopped, stuttered, Jonghyun gave a playful look. “He-her name is Han, Han Seungyeon.”
“Oh my God! Our Lee Jinki is falling for someone! Your face is awesomely red, Jinki-ah!”
I couldn’t hide my red face. I just kept sighing all the way.
“Hey, wait a sec,” Jonghyun’s face suddenly turned serious.
“What is it?”
“How about Gyuri? She might be sad knowing that you have a crush on a girl. Even though, she isn’t attracted to you.”

Gyuri is unofficially my fiancée, because my heart doesn’t approve. Our parents were friends since they were young and forced two of us to engange. My mom approved her a lot and even obsessed to make her a daughter-in-law as soon as possible and it is driving me insane! I sighed.

“Oops, sorry, friend. Your soft heart maybe felt not good for her. But, yeah, it’s not your fault.”
“I know. I am trying to think that way,” I said with a weak voice. “But I think her heart doesn’t approve the engagement too. She’s just love and obey her parents too much.”
“Really?” I captured a slight happiness in Jjong’s voice.
“Hey, Jjong-ah,” I turned my head, staring at him strangely. “You… About Gyuri…”
“Ah! Forget about that!” Jonghyun suddenly stood up, prevented me from continuing my words. “ Jinki-ah! Let’s arrange our room! You still have boxes of stuffs that left unopened, right?”
“Yes,” I acted lazy and sad. “Would you help me, Kim Jonghyun?”
“Of course!” Jonghyun answered immediately. “Buy me dinner, then!”
“Deal,” I shouted and gave him a high-five. Then, I secretly took a glance towards Jonghyun. His face was kind of weird. Is there something about him that I don’t know?