CHAPTER 1 : Because of The Chaos in The Bus

[FIC] A BIG LOVE PRETENDER

 

“Onnie-ah! Onnie-ah! Please wake up!”
A girl moaned lazily as she uncovered herself from her bed blanket. Her eyes hadn’t open fully yet.
“Noona? Have you awake yet?”
Suddenly, she heard a man’s voice but she didn’t react. She still dazing off. Her bedroom’s door draws opened, a boy smiled sweetly to her.
“Seungyeon noona, please wake up, the morning has come, Hara is done cooking,” he said it softly, lovingly. Seungyeon just replied him with a lazy murmur. Then, she slowly got up off her bed.
“Are you okay?” The boy asked worriedly.
“Engg, I am okay, Minho-ah. You come so early today,” Seungyeon murmured.
“Ne, noona. I must help Hara today.”

“Onnie-ah! How come you wake so slowly like that?” A girl pouted at her as she got out from her bedroom. Seungyeon’s lip curved into a smile.
“Hara-ah, I had to finish my paper last night,” Seungyeon answered lazily, as she huged the girl softly then walked on to the dining table.

Seungyeon and Hara are best friend. They’re living in a small house apartment since Hara got into the same college as Seungyeon. Hara is younger three years than Seungyeon. Hara and Minho are lovers. But recently, they are engaged and Hara will move out to stay together with Minho.

Seungyeon released a sigh. Now, three of them sitting together, ready to eat breakfast that Hara just made. Seungyeon’s eyes flinch when she was looking onto Minho and Hara. Both of them were looking each other lovingly, smiling to each other. Minho brushed Hara’s hair with his hand as Hara caressing Minho’s another hand. Ah, a wrong-timing romantic scene, Seungyeon thought.

“Guys, let’s eat first,” Seungyeon took her spoon and her rice bowl. Hara and Minho smiled once then grab their rice bowl too. Silence for awhile.
“So, do you guys already find a perfect place?” Seungyeon asked.
Hara lifted her head and nods excitedly.
“Of course, onnie! Our parents already saw the place and they ended liking it more than us. Right, Minho?”
“Yes. Noona, when we already finish moving, would you come to our place?” Minho asked. Seungyeon smiled sweetly.
“Of course, I’d love to.” But then, she releases a deep sigh.
“Why, onnie? My cooks aren’t delicious?” Hara asked worriedly.
“No, the breakfast is delicious as usual. I just wondering that I will stay alone in this place,” Seungyeon said sadly. Hara took her hand and squeezed it.
“Onnie, you want us to stay here with you?”
“Of course, NO! I will die of envy to see you romancing everyday!” Seungyeon laughed, so did Hara and Minho.
“How about searching a roommate?” Minho suggested.
“Yes, yes. That would be a good idea. How about asking Gyuri onnie?” Hara asked excitedly.
“Ah, I can’t. She loves to live in her parents’ home.”
“Oh-oh yes, Nicole?” Hara suggested Nicole, their good friend.
“She already living in the same flat with Key near her mother’s restaurant.”
“A-ah, yes, right.”
Minho’s eyebrow frowned then he clasped his hand together.
“How about Jjing?”
“Her parents won’t allow her, Minho-ah.”
Hara and Minho looked confusedly each other. Seungyeon pouted and put a spoonful of rice to .
“Just pray for me that I will get a perfect roommate soon. I can’t live alone too long,” she sighed.


-Seungyeon’s POV-

Ah, Hara will move out soon, how can I find another perfect roommate then?

I sighed hard.I am now on my way to my college. My mood was bad today. And the bus was already crowded too! Ah, bad day! I put my pink earphone and my IPod, hoping that listening to my favorite songs would boost my mood. I could feel the bus stopping in the next bus stop to pick some passengers up.

“Excuse me.”
I turned my head. A brown-haired young man carefully took the bus handle next to mine. He looked at me and smiled, showing his childish side. I replied with a brief smile then continued enjoying the scenery through the bus’s window.

Just not so long after that, the bus became more crowded and crowded.
Hey, what’s wrong? Is everybody has the same schedule today??
I released a hard sigh as the other passengers moved nearer to each other and me too. The bus must be very stuffed now.

And suddenly, the bus stopped. Really a hard one, because everybody is thrown to the front side of the bus. Me too. And my forehead accidentally hit the bus’s iron pole. I shrieked as the other passengers shrieked too as well.

Wait up. Something’s wrong.

I could feel someone’s hands was hugging my waist. I lifted my head. The brown-haired young man that stood next to me was holding me, preventing me from rolling to the front side of the bus. His other hand was struggling shakily to hold the bus handle. And just for your info, our pose is just like a couple of spectacular figure skaters in action, with my waist held by him, and my body positions strangely horizontal.

“I-I am sorry,” I quickly stood up on my own feet. I could feel my face became warmer. “Thank you very much.”
“No problem,” he answered with a sweet smile of him as he rubbed his other shaky hand. “Oh, my.”
Gently, he touches my forehead softly, made my heart jumped, twinkled. And then, he giggled.
“So, that sound came from your forehead and this pole, huh? It is very red. It must be hurt.” He pointed at my forehead that hit the pole. 
“Ah, not really,”I smiled shyly as I tried to touch my forehead and I flinched. It’s hurt!
And then, he was looking for something in his leather sling bag. Now, the passengers already went back to their position and the bus was continuing its route.

“Which one do you like? Teddy bear, rabbit, or horse?” He asked as he showing me some cute band-aid. 
“Rabbit!” I answered then laugh with him. Then, he opened one for me and carefully placed it on my forehead.
“Thank you very much.” I bowed some times.
“No problem.”

Ah, I have to get off at the next stop.
I hurriedly moving closer to the bus’s door and so did the young man.
“Huh?” We were throwing a confused glance to each other.
And then, we got off together.

“So.. You are a student in this college too?” He asked.
“But I never seen you before,” I added.
“I just transferred here,” Next thing I know, he was offering me a hand to shake. “My name is Lee Jinki. Nice to meet you.”
“Han Seungyeon, nice to meet you too.”
“So, Han Seungyeonssi, what major are you taking?”
“English Literature. What about you?”
“Architecture.”
Quite impressive, I thought.

“Seungyeon-ah.”
Someone calling me from behind and then I smiled.
“Youngsaeng sunbae, good morning.”