CHAPTER 2 : The Adorable Sunbae's College Tour

[FIC] A BIG LOVE PRETENDER

-Jinki’s POV-

A man approached to us and greeted Han Seungyeonssi. And then he greeted me too.
“Good morning.”
“Good morning,” I replied.
“Ah, yes. Lee Jinkissi, this is Heo Youngsaeng sunbae. His major is also architecture.”
“Really? Nice to meet you, sunbaenim.” I bowed.
He smiled to me.
“Are you a freshman?” He asked me kindly.
“Yes.”
“What do you want to do? I think the new semester hasn’t started yet.” Seungyeon asked.
“Oh, I just want to know this college better before starting to study here.”
“Seungyeon-ah, as a sunbae you should take him on our college tour.” Youngsaeng said as he put his hand on Seungyeon’s shoulder.
Wait a minute. Han Seungyeonssi is my sunbae as well? That means, she is older than me?

“Ah, you are right, sunbae. How’s that, Jinkissi?”
“I-I’d love to, Han Seungyeonssi.”
“Just call me Seungyeon, it is okay,” she smiled to me, a sweet one.
“Ye-yes.” Suddenly I feel nervous.
“But before that, I have to submit my paper to Professor Kim first. Is it okay?”
“No problem for me.”
“What paper? A holiday paper?” Youngsaeng asked her, his eyebrow frowned. “It must be really annoying.”
“Yes, I finished it earlier than I thought so I think it will be better to submit it faster,” Seunhyeon answered with a pout.
“Oh, yes. You are right. As expected from our diligent Seungyeonie.”
Seungyeon laughed sweetly as she hit Youngsaengssi’s arm lightly. I felt slightly abandoned. 
“By the way, why are you here, sunbae?” Seungyeon asked to Youngsaeng.
“As usual, taking care of our college’s student council.”
“Oh, yes. You guys must be busy on the new semester.” Then, Seungyeon turned her head to me.
“So, Jinkissi. Ready for the tour?”
I nod then both of us separated with Youngsaeng. I relieved, just didn’t know why I didn’t feel comfortable to see Seungyeon with another man. Hey, it is a peculiar thought, Lee Jinki. You just know her and you already began to feel a slight jealous?

“So, for the first place, I will show you the lecture’s building,” Seungyeon started the ‘college tour’, imitating the tour guide cutely. “Look, we can reach it just in minutes.”
I smiled as I glancing her which now was busy of explaining things.
“Our college was made in 1950. You can see the buildings are mixed architecturally. Some adopting the modern style and some adopting Europe style building. Am I right?”
“Yes, with a slight touch of Baroque and Neoclassic.”
She glanced at me for a moment. But then, she started to explain everything again. I smiled again. 
She is so comfortable to be with, I tought.

We entered the beautiful old European-style building that Seungyeon showed as Lectures’. The cool feelings wrapped us as we walked in the long corridor.
“You will be often to visit this building soon,” Seungyeon said suddenly.
I nodded and smiled.
And then an awkward silence wrapped us. All of we could hear were our footsteps.

“You sure are a quiet person, Jinkissi.” Seungyeon broke the silence. I laughed a bit.
“I am so sorry. I used to be calmer when I with someone that I just know,” I said as I looked at her, smiling. “I just started liking this college, thanks to you, sunbae.”
She smiled.
“No need,” She shook her head. “I just helping my hubae. And please just call me Seungyeon, Jinkissi.” I smiled.
“So then, Seungyeonie,” She kinda a bit surprised when she heard I added ‘ie’ behind her name, but then she smiled. “Please call me, Jinki.”
“Okay, Jinki-ah.”
We smiled to each other.

“Thank you very much, Sir.”
Seungyeon got out from a room, I thought it was her Professor’s. She released a sigh when I approached her.
“Is there a problem?” I asked.
“No,” she shook her head. “I just relieved because I already finished the horrible holiday paper. Man, it took days to finish all of them. I even sacrificed my precious sleep hours.”
I laughed when I saw her pouting. But then, her face brighten up again and lifted her head to see my face.
“Jinkissi, let’s continue our ‘tour’!” She said it happily.

I laughed at her. She sure is the most adorable sunbae that I ever met.


“Here is the architecture major’s building,” She pointing at a big white modern building in our right side. And then she pointed at the classic-style building across. “And here is the literature major’s building. My major’s building.”
“So, we will be often see each other, then.” I murmured, happily. AND, she heard that.
“Yes, we will. It’s nice, isn’t it?” She asked, naively. Thanks God, she didn’t take my words in a wrong way.
She continued pointing at the buildings. The Mathematics major’s building, the medical major’s building, and many more.
We finished the tour at three o’clock.

“Phew, I already showed you all of the buildings. Our college is awesomely big, isn’t it?” She swept some sweat from her forehead.
“Yes, sunbae. It is a big one.” I smiled.
“Ah, it is already passed lunch time. How about having a lunch together?” She asked. “We can eat at the cafeteria.”
“Sure!” I replied happily. I started to like her more.

The cafeteria wasn’t so crowded, but wasn’t that empty as well. Just some students busy chatting in the corner. After our orders came, we immediately ate it with no mercy, so in no time, we already finished our meal.
“Wow,” she laughed. “Seems we all are really hungry.”
“Yes,” I added as I laughed. Then I saw her stole a stare to her wrist watch.
“It is already passed four!” She widened her eyes.
“Do you have an appointment with someone?”
She looked at me, in a confused way.
“You must be new here, in this city.”
“Yes, I am. Why?” I asked her with a same confused way.
“You haven’t seen how terrible this city’s rush hour is,” she smiled, mischievously. I laughed quite hard seeing her like that.
“So, it will be better for us to leave now?” I asked.
“Of course, come on.”

We were crossing the college’s big garden when I looked up to the autumn sky that already darkened a bit.
“Wow, time passed so fast,” I said.
“Yeah, but we had a good time, right? To tell you the truth, I never felt this way before,” She said. My heart stopped a sec. What does she mean?
“Hu-huh?”
“Yeah, I never been this casually walked together with someone that I just know. Really. I’m used to be quiet when I am with stranger,” She answered me in a relax tone.
Wow, she is such a naïve and honest person.

“Me too, Seungyeon. I think we are alike,” I said, she laughed.
“Yes, I do think so too!” She said excitedly. “Maybe we can be good friends!”
I smiled widely as the happiness streamed down with my blood veins.
“I do think so too,” I replied. She smiled, too. Then we continued our walk. And suddenly, she stopped.

“Seungyeonssi?”


PS. How's the story? I am so sorry if my chapters are too long. I look forward of your feedback, dear reader.