Parental Meeting

Obvious Secrecy

 

Next Day

I paced our living room. Ryeowook stared at me as I sped-walked left and right, his head following me as I freaked out with a confused look on his face.

 

“, , , , MOTHER-ING TY -!” I said under my breath.

“Kyuhyun... what seems to be the problem..? You’ve been all awkward and jittery since breakfast.”

I stopped to look at him. My eyes were probably wide with insanity. I turned away and plopped onto the opposite couch face-first.

“Family .......... Hates ................. Kyu ................. -Hyun ................. Must ........ Avoid ........ Prob ........-lems!”

“Kyuhyun-ah, as your fiancée, I think I deserve to hear coherent sentences...”

I just groaned into the pillow and eventually got up and turned slightly to look at him. His face was one of utter confusion. I sighed in defeat.

“Think back a bit,” I told him, “Try to recall the last time I met with your parents.”

He thought about it. After a few minutes of hard thinking – I haven’t really seen his parents in a while, mind you (and for good measure) – his face paled.

“Oh my God, Kyu...”

“I know. It was disastrous, wasn’t it?”

“Disastrous wasn’t even the word to describe it ...”

“Ugh. We have to meet them sooner or later! It’s not like we can just get married and not tell them anything about it, Wook...” I fisted my hair and sat down again.

“I know, Kyu. I know.”

“What are we going to do...?” I looked at him, “I completely forgot about them. To be honest, I’m really scared of your parents, Wook. Especially your abeoji...”

“Look. For now, I think it’ll be best that I leave you to your thoughts. I’m going to take a shower.” He got up and kissed my forehead before leaving the room.

 

I cringed at the mere thought of telling them we were engaged... much less tell them Ryeowook got pregnant before we actually tied the knot.

In all honesty, as you may have previously assumed from your reading, his parents don’t really like me that much. To be honest, I think the reason is that when I first met Ryeowook, in like first grade, his parents had to be called in because I bullied Ryeowook. But that was literally 18 years ago! My feelings have oh-so-obviously changed! And they’re still – even to this day, probably – on my case about it, thinking I still bully Ryeowook.

But with him pregnant and us getting frigging married, me bullying Wookie obviously isn’t the case anymore, is it now?

His mother was – and still is – very nice to me once she found out we were friends. His mother was very protective and caring of her son. She would always make sure he was caring, getting good marks, and respectful. His mother taught him well. She loved and treated me like her own son when my parents were out doing business.

His father was a whole other story. He is the scary one out of the two of them. He’s that protective type of father, big and strong, who treats Ryeowook like “Daddy’s Little Girl.” I’ve always reasoned it out as so because they never had a daughter, only Ryeowook and Siwon-hyung, so Ryeowook was kind of like a stand-in daughter. Ryeowook was too cute and feminine for his abeoji to try to teach him manly things, anyway. When we were younger, Ryeowook got everything he wanted. All he had to do was ask his father for it, and he got it. And when I mean everything, he got literally everything. His family wasn’t as rich and successful as my family, and they didn’t own a multi-million-profiting company. But they got along – when it came to finances – pretty well. Even when we got older, graduating into high school, he still treated Ryeowook like that. Although I haven’t seen his parents in a while, since they live out of the city, I bet his father still treats him like he used to.

 

My thoughts came back to the discussion I had with my father the other day. Somehow, he had a sense of what was to come for me. He specifically told me,

“This is your choice, Kyuhyun. I will allow it and respect it, but just know this: Whatever struggle comes to you, remember that you have brought it upon yourself. Just remember that, Kyuhyun. I know you’ve grown up so much already, my son. I have seen you grow into a strong, caring man with a caring heart. And I am so proud of you. But you have not been showing that responsible man I have seen the past few years and you need to start handling things like you really want to be President and CEO of this company. Whatever problems we face because of this broken merger and whatever problems you face outside of the office, it will be your responsibility to take care of it.”

 

I committed those words to memory and closed my eyes, leaning back into the comfortable sofa. I heard footsteps padding near me and I caught sight of Ryeowook walking into the kitchen. I sighed, ready to face my fate as the man of this relationship and as the President and CEO of Cho Telecommunications. I got up, striding over to my fiancée, who was now starting to cook us dinner. He didn’t see me coming and I went up behind him, embracing him from behind and resting my head on his shoulder. I sighed into his neck and inhaled his scent.

“Kyu..?”

“What should we do, yeobo?”

“Whatever you want to do about it, I’ll support you fully.”

I sighed again. “I guess we’ll just have to tell them then.”

“Okay. Then we’re going to tell them.”

“Do you want me to call them?”

“Yes, please. I’m cooking right now so I can’t.”

“Of course,” I released him of my hold, kissing his neck before I fully let go, and retrieving the house phone. I dialed their number and waited patiently for them to answer.

 

 

“Yoboseyo?” it was a female voice, probably his mother.

“Neh, annyeonghaseyo. Cho Kyuhyun-ibnida.”

“Hyunnie?” Yes, it was definitely his mother.

“Neh, omma.”

“Ah, Hyunnie, I miss you so much! It has been so long, aniya? Ryeowook hasn’t brought you back home since you two graduated high school! It’s been four years, Kyuhyunnie. Where have you been?”

“Eh, mianhae, omma. I’ve been here, in our dorm.”

“Omo, I bet you’re all grown up and handsome! I really wanted to have Ryeowook bring you here, but the last time I spoke with him, he sounded really depressed...”

Did she say depressed? “Huh? Depressed? When did you last speak with him?” I asked, concerned for my fiancée.

“Um, I believe it was a few days before your wedding... somewhere around that time.”

“Oh... really?” my voice saddened, realizing that it was my fault he was depressed those few days.

“Yeah, it was really weird, but as a mother who respects his privacy, I didn’t budge to ask why he was sad. ANYWAYS, why did you call, Hyunnie? It’s usually Wookie who calls us.”

“He couldn’t call you guys right now because he’s in the midst of cooking us lunch.”

“Ah, I have taught him well. He will be the best housewife a man could ever have! I’m telling you, Hyunnie.”

I chuckled, peeking back into the kitchen. Ryeowook was humming a tune to himself, cutting the vegetables into pieces before throwing them into the steaming pot.

“Yes, he definitely will be...” I said, smiling to myself, “Anyways, I was wondering if Ryeowook and I could come over and visit you two for a day or so. We have some news to tell you about. As soon as we can, would that be okay omma?” I bit my lip, nervous to hear what her answer will be.

“Cho Kyuhyun. OF COURSE YOU CAN!! Come over tomorrow!! It’s a Saturday and you can stay until Sunday morning!”

“Ah, thank you so much omma! I’ll be sure to inform Ryeowook and we’ll be there before 15:00!”

“Okay! Come quickly! Bye-bye!”

“Bye, omma!”

 

I hung up the phone and placed the phone on the counter before walking back into the kitchen.

“Done with the food yet?” I asked, standing next to him and peering into the hot pot filled to the brim with soup.

“Almost. Can you set the table, please? It’ll be done in a few minutes.”

“You got it, yeobo.”

I walked away and started to set the table, placing the plates and silverware into their respectful areas.

I smirked to myself, mentally preparing myself for the upcoming event.

 

Game on, Kim-abeoji.

 

 

 

I, Cho Kyuhyun, am the king of games and I always win.

 

 

I will have my Kim Ryeowook.


Mianhae for not updating in a loooong time. OTL, I'm a bad author..

 

Location: Bedroom, sweatpants, hair-tied, chilling with no make-up on.

Mood: Tired.. at least I have the whole week off (Which probably means UPDATES! :D)

Music: " 니가 밉다 " - 2PM , throwin' back the classics ~~