Chapter 6-Hyomin's notebook

Lost and Alone

 

When t-ara arrvied in Japan they were escorted to the concert hall, where they would be performing the following night. They spent four hours there, and by the time they got to the hotel, it was 7 at night. Each member was paired with another to be roomed with. Soyeon with Boram, Qri and Eunjung, Hyomin with Jiyeon.  Everyone agreed they would meet for breakfast at 9 the following morning and then prepare for the concert. With that, everyone went up to their rooms. 

The room Hyomin and Jiyeon were assigned to was small, but cozy, with lovely European style furnishings, two single beds at either side of the room, and a single arm chair in the corner of the room. Hyomin went over and dropped her suitcase by her own bed, and Jiyeon did the same with her own. She then proceeded to lie down on her bed and sheilded her eyes from the light. Hyomin looked over and assumed she was drifting off to sleep. Seizing the oppurtunity, she proceeded to retrieve her notebook from her bag. 

This time however, she was not writting in it. She wanted to look through the history of her. Find out when exactly it was that she changed into this. That her life, became this. 

She flipped to a random page.

"2009

I feel different. Well, I've been feeling different for a while. It's like, there's something inside of me. Actually, it's more like, there's nothing inside of me. There's an invisible force just taking everything away, bit by bit. I'm not the Hyomin I was yesterday, and tomorrow I won't be the girl i am today. Something is eating me away, and all that will be left is an empty shell. The worst part is, I can't do anything about it. All I can do is watch as something slowly tears me apart from the inside. All I can do is feel the pain, but I can't even let out a scream. It's torture. 

I've tried to ignore it, everyday I would force a larger smile. Little do people know that the biggest smiles hide the greatest sorrow."

Once again she flipped to a page, a more recent one. 

"2011

Every step I take is more painful than the last. Every breath is more tortured than the last. I wake up from dreams only to live nightmares, and now I've come to realize, I don't want to wake up at all. It's a weird feeling. One day, you wake up wishing that you didn't. Every night, before i go to sleep, I beg that I don't have to open my eyes the next morning. That someone will spare me the pain of waking up to myself. 

I built a fortress. I isolated myself from others, thinking that it would save me. That I could be saved. But now rather than a fortress, It's a cave. A dark cave, And I'm sealed inside. There are people on the outside trying to take down my walls, trying to save me. Once they take down the walls, everything crumbles. Everything crumbles on top of me. 

I used to be really scared of dying. But then I realized this, this isn't living. I've been dead for years, and no one can ressurect me. I died before I ever really got a chance to live. And nothing hurt more than knowing that.

My mum had once told me, when I was younger that 'there aren't any monsters in the closet, they're all in your head'. I don't think she realizes how right she was."

 

"One day, you wake up wishing that you didn't"

Hyomin quickly spun her head around to find the source of the voice. And of course, who else would it be, but Jiyeon, still sheilding her eyes. She sat up, removing her arms from her eyes, revealing that they were swollen and red. Jiyeon stood up and took a step closer to Hyomin.

"I've been dead for years" Yet again, edging her way closer to Hyomin. 

Hyomin stared wide-eyed in utter shock. Jiyeon had really read these too?

"No one can ressurect me..." she whispered, clearly choking down some sobs. Fringe covering her eyes, mouth twisted, hands clenched, standing right in front of the sitting Hyomin. 

"I'm going to sure as hell try" 

Jiyeon sat down on Hyomin's bed and looked right into her eyes. 

"Don't leave me Hyomin," Jiyeon cried as she wrapped her arms around Hyomin's neck. 

Still in shock, Hyomin just sat there. Her arms stayed in place by her side, rather than returning Jiyeon's embrace.

How much does she know?

"I'm sorry I read them. I know it's wrong of me, but Hyomin-ah, I can't just watch you suffer in silence. Please. Just let me in"

Hyomin finally snapped out of it and inched away from Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon was held captive by Hyomin's eyes. Eyes that looked as though they had seen a lot, had so much to say, but so much to fear. 

She placed one hand on the maknae's face, and placed the other on her hand and leaned closer.

Jiyeon closed her eyes.

Their lips made contact.

Hyomin locked her fingers with Jiyeon's, and Jiyeon allowed herself to lay back on Hyomin's bed while their kiss became more passionate. The hand that locked with Jiyeon's was brought next to Jiyeon's head while her other hand carressed Jiyeon's face. Throughout the whole event, Jiyeon stayed as still as possible, she was so shy. Her face was bright pink and her stomach filled with butterfiles. Eventually Jiyeon felt brave enough to put her free hand on Hyomin's waist and pull it closer to her own. 

Their kiss eventually evolved into something more passionate, and finally the event was over. 

Jiyeon decided to bring her single bed right next top Hyomin's to make a double bed. Neither of them wanted to part. 

Hyomin looked the happiest she had been in an extremely long time, and Jiyeon looked the reddest. 

They layed down in their make-shift double bed, pulling each other close. Hyomin resting her arm on Jiyeon, and the younger girl snuggling close to Hyomin. 

"I feel happiest when I'm with you" Hyomin smiled, and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Jiyeon just smiled.

"Hey Hyominah"

"hm?"

"Have you ever written about me in your notebooks?"

Evidently Jiyeon had not read all her stories.

Hyomin smiled even wider and turned away. 

"Yah, that's unfair!" Jiyeon said wrapping her arms around Hyomin's waist.

 

 

"Maybe, Jiyeon"

"Maybe what?"

"Maybe I've written about you."

Maybe means a most likely. Jiyeon smiled at the thought. Content with the answer, she finally allowed herself to sleep.