Chapter 5

The Last Teardrop

 

Third Person’s POV

Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months. Nearly four months had passed and Hyeji was barely hanging on her life now. It was only a matter of days till she exhaled her last breath. On the left of her bed where she was laying now, Mrs.Choi was dabbing her eyes with handkerchief as the tears keep on going and going while Mr.Choi was trying to smile to encourage Hyeji to endure the pain.

 

Hyeji smiled at both of them. A drop of tear slide from the corner of her eyes. “I...love…you, eom..ma, ap..pa..” She can sense that her end was getting nearer and true to her words, she felt a deep pain in her chest, suffocating her. Her breathing starts to become irregular and her chest was heaving up and down rapidly. The last words she uttered before she was drowned into a never ending sleep were for Sehun.

 

“Hunnie, I..I…love…you.” Exhaling her last breath, her world went black and she did not even heard the wails of her mother and his father’s sobs.

 

*****

And at the same time, the frame which contains a picture of both Hyeji and Sehun posing together in their uniform fell down from the bedside table in Sehun’s room. He looked down at it, and after recovering from the shock, kneeled down to pick up the shattered glasses but unfortunately, one of the glass cut his fingers. Drops of blood spilled on the picture and he quickly wiped off, but the strange thingis, only Hyeji’s face was smeared with blood in the picture. Sehun stay still, he felt a sudden tingling feeling in the pit of his stomach, which made the hair on the back of his neck stands. It can’t be…

*****

Sehun does not even know what his appearance look like at the moment. He kept on walking, accompanied by Luhan who was supporting him by his arms. Her knees felt weak as the Luhan’s words etched its way into his mind.

 

-Flashback-

“Hyeji…Sehun, she’s no longer in this world.”

 

“Eh? What are you talking about, hyung?” Sehun looked at Luhan weirdly.

 

“It’s true. She’s…dead, Sehun.”

 

“That’s not funny hyung. Cut it out.” He laughed nervously while punching Luhan’s shoulder playfully.

 

“Do I look like I’m kidding to you? Choi Hyeji is dead, Sehun. And the funeral is today.”

-End Flashback-

 

If it weren’t for Luhan, he wouldn’t have known about her…death. Since Luhan’s parents are acquaintances of Mr and Mrs.Choi, they had told Luhan’s parents and Luhan’s parents had decided to attend the funeral. Luhan immediately informed him about this. Even though Luhan knew it would be a shock to him, as his best friend, Luhan was obliged to tell him the truth. And here he was, at Hyeji’s, the love of her life’s, funeral.

 

Sehun feels like his emotions has crashed down upon him as they arrived at the funeral. His eyes only focused on the coffin which is responsible for the heart wrenching atmosphere.

 

 His feet took him there, and he fell beside the coffin. Her coffin. “Jiji..” Sehun moaned as he watched her angelic face, her closed eyes, her lips curving into a smile. It is like she was still alive and was deep in her slumber, except for the colour of her skin. She was so pale. Her cheeks who were used to be the colour of rose flush, were now becomes pallid. Like a Snowflake, she was delicately beautiful. But also like a Snowflake, she melted away without anyone’s notice.

 

 

“Jiji..” Sehun whimpered and he was crying as everyone was watching him but he didn’t acknowledge them. His chest was constricted with pain. Wake up…Jiji, wake up. He kept on calling her name, hoping to wake her up, but Hyeji’s form remained firm and unyielding. Sehun grasped her hands, intertwining their fingers. So cold. His tears keep on falling as he remembered how her hands used to radiate warmth.

 

 

He didn’t know how long he was there, sitting lifelessly beside her coffin as in a trance. Swallowing a lump in his throat, he caressed her cheeks and leaned down, kissing her softly on the lips for the last time as his tears fall on her pallid cheeks.

 

 I will always love you, Jiji. Always.

 

 

A/N : My poor bb :’((((( I was crazy for even making this angsty story.  The maknae had to lose her *sob sob* I’m a bad author T.T