Chapter 3

The Last Teardrop

 

Third Person’s POV

It’s been two whole months since the start of their friendship. Both Sehun and Hyeji had become so close as if they had known each other for a long time. Even Hyeji’s parents were quite aware of their newly bond friendship. Everything went well for the two of them until that one fateful day.

 

On Monday afternoon, Hyeji was walking home from school. Usually, Sehun will meet up with her along the pathway and they would walk home together but it was different today. He had called her, saying that he will be late since he had afternoon practice session with her coach and team mates, thus asking Hyeji not to wait for him.

 

And so, here she was, alone. Hyeji did not know why but somehow, she was feeling a bit lonely. Her heart aches, not physically but emotionally. She wanted to see him so badly as if she had never seen Sehun for quite a long time. Wait…Why did I have this sudden longing? She took a quick look around her surrounding. It must be the aura that made me feels weird.  Hyeji walk faster ahead, as if thinking that by speeding up her pace will get rid of the unknown feelings inside her.

 

*****

 

“Hunnie~!”

 

Sehun immediately react towards the voice. He knew that voice. It belongs to that one certain girl. And there in front of him, stood the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life, Choi Hyeji. She stretched her hand as if signaling for Sehun to take it. Transfixed, he just stared at her. Not until her figures began to shift away that he started to reach out for her hand. But it was impossible. Hyeji’s form slowly disappeared until at last, only a tiny wisp of fog could be seen.

 

Sehun called out for her name desperately, but no sound came out from him. He tried to grasp the wispy mist, thinking that Hyeji must be hiding beneath it. Suddenly, another figure appeared. A boy’s form that Sehun could not quite recognized. All he knew is that the boy had been trying to tell him about something. “Hiccup…Sehun! Hiccup!”  

 

Eh? Why did this boy want me to hiccup? Feeling annoyed, he ignored the boy but a sudden loud voice interrupting his thought. “OH SEHUN! Wake up this instant.” And with that, Sehun staggered forward on his seat. After a few moments of silence, he realized that he was surrounded by his classmates and next to him, stood Lu Han, his bestfriend. Am I dreaming just now?

 

“Yes, you did, idiot!” said Luhan as he smacked at the back of Sehun’s head.

 

“Ouch! Hyung, that hurts! Btw, did I just say that out loud?” Rubbing his head, Sehun ask Luhan, dumbfounded.

 

Luhan gave him a look which Sehun immediately understood as a yes. “what did you dreamt about that made you so preoccupied in your sleep? You’re not the one who is usually hard to waken up.” Pulling another chair, he sat beside Sehun.

 

Sehun was debating with his mind whether to tell Luhan or not about her friendship with a girl. But he did need someone to pour out his feelings and so, he told Luhan. Being a good friend, Luhan listened to Sehun’s dilemma. They were still talking when the school bell rang, signaling that it was time to go home.

 

Remembering that he was supposed to meet up with Hyeji after school, Sehun immediately reach for his backpack. Suddenly, Luhan pat his shoulder from behind. “let’s go to my house then. We can talk more about this.” He kindly suggested.

 

Sehun shook his head. “I can’t, hyung. Hyeji is waiting for me,” He made a move to step out the classroom but Luhan was faster. He snatched Sehun’s phone which was dangling on his coat’s pocket. “Pabo! You could have just called her, saying that you can’t come.”

 

Tapping his fingertips at the school wall, he thought about it. “I don’t know…”

 

Luhan sighed. Checking for Hyeji’s phone number in the contact list, he handed it to Sehun. “Just tell her that you would be having a practice today.”

 

“Well…okay then,” grabbing the phone, Sehun dialed up Hyeji’s number. After about 3 minutes later, he finally ended the call. “See? It’s not that hard to call her,” Luhan teased.

 

Sehun just rolled his eyes and huffed. Chuckling at his behavior, Luhan put an arm around Sehun’s shoulder. “Let’s go, Hunnie~” This made him received a glare and a hard punch on his chest. “Yah! I was just kidding! And how dare you hit your hyung! ” Luhan said in disbelief.

 

“You’re kidding at the wrong time, hyung,” with that said, Sehun stuck his tongue out at Luhan and went off, leaving Luhan who was still looking at him in disbelief.

 

“Yah! Wait for me!” Walking at a fast pace, he tried to catch up with Sehun. Looking behind, Sehun smirked. “Hyung, hurry up, will ya? Oh, I forgot. You’re Lulu, so you can’t walk faster than that.” He then continued his walk, trying to suppress his laughter remembering all those times when Luhan was being chased by his fangirls who also have a nickname for him, which is Lulu, at which in Sehun’s opinion, was a bit girlish.

 

“Mwoh?! Oh Sehun, I’M GOING TO GET YOU FOR THAT!”

 

Hearing the yelling, Sehun quickly ran for his life, with Luhan tailing behind him. And together, they race towards Luhan’s house.

 

*****

 

The waves continued to swash back and forth. The sky began to darken as the sun slowly goes down, hidden behind the cloud. Walking along the end of the beach, barefooted, Hyeji can feel the breezy wind hitting on her pretty face. It had been hours after she walked home from school. It was at the time that she felt a bit uncertain about the sudden weird feelings, she decided to spent some time at the beach. That is the only place that can clear up her mind off everything.

 

Of course, she had call her mom telling that she will be late coming back home. Once again, the wind slapped Hyeji in the face and she closed her eyes, enjoying it.  As the sound of waves could be heard, she was swept into calmness. If only I have a lifetime to experience this moment of peace.

 

That sudden thought had brought her back to reality. I only have four months to live. Realizing this, she felt like a large boulder had crashed onto her. Suddenly, an image of Sehun formed in front of her eyes. Feeling shocked, Hyeji starts to get teary. What’s the meaning of all this?

 

A/N : uh-oh. Hyeji beginning to realize her own feelings towards Sehun. Should she be happy about it or not? :/ well, chop chop.