Chapter Three

Fell for a Mannequin

 

Eunhyuk went inside the Club’s Room as he showed a smile after the classes ended, jumping next to the mannequin.

“Hey!” He greeted it.

“Today I got 67, isn’t amazing!!” Eunhyuk showed his test, a red number encircled as he grinned, explaining “I’m not so dumb, but usually I got 56, so I guess this mark is really amazing”

Then he put the test inside his bag again as he wipe off the dust on the mannequin. Eunhyuk was humming a song as he was doing it with a smile on his lips before speaking again.

“I was so happy when I got my test, my mom will not scold me today; life is nice.”

The mannequin unyielding as always but his lips seemed a bit upwards than before as Eunhyuk kept talking about his scores.

“So, in the end I’d just study for a bit, but is because it was really boring~” Eunhyuk stretched his arms wide jawing “I’m so glad you don’t scold me or glare at me like others do, if you were a person…” Eunhyuk eyes glowed in sadness for a moment “maybe you will be my friend like Hae is”

The door opened and Eunhyuk jumped surprised, holding the mannequin as he if he was holding onto someone with his pounding heart, but then he smiled as he let go the thing with a wide smile.

“Hae~!”

The named grinned, stepping aside a bit.

“Hyuk, we have a new member!!”

Donghae beamed and Eunhyuk watched him baffled as the boy from the morning stepped inside the room and Eunhyuk pointed at him.

“You!”

Donghae tilted his face.

“Do you know each other?”

Siwon nodded, Eunhyuk didn’t reply as he rubbed his neck bashfully.

“I guess”

 

 

“Oh, so you were studying overseas?” Donghae asked interested and Siwon nodded with a smile, glancing Eunhyuk from time to time and finally, asking.

“So, why is a mannequin in a paranormal club?”

Eunhyuk blinked and Donghae grinned.

“That’s because we found it in the forgotten garden behind the school while we were searching for aliens!”

“Oh. I see”

Eunhyuk frowned a bit, for some reason he felt like they were insulting the mannequin feelings, but then again, a thing has no feelings, so he shrugged.

Siwon and Donghae leave to make some research. Eunhyuk offered himself to clean the room as he was setting the things on its place, as he stopped, leaning close to the mannequin face, blinking once; his breath the thing face.

“I don’t know why, but you look lonely and even… sad?”

The mannequin didn’t reply or move, but Eunhyuk blushed at the close distance as he pulled away nervous with a goofy smile on his lips as he touched his chest, trying to control his racing heart.

“I-I guess I need to go with Hae!” Eunhyuk walked in a rush, tripping on his own legs and falling on the floor as a wince of pain left his lips, so he blushed more and lowered his face.

 

 

“Oh, god, I’m so stupid” He whined but then blinked and stood in a dash, exiting the room, not even glancing back as his ears were red. The mannequin left alone on the room, and maybe it was the light from de sun entering in the place, but the mannequin eyes shimmered for a moment.

 

 

Eunhyuk sighed once he entered his room and laid on the bed, watching the ceiling as he cuddle himself, closing his eyes and opening them as soon as he remembered the mannequin face; hitting softly his head.

“Ah~ this is so wrong, why my heart, aish!”

The boy stood and took his school bag; the test from the morning fell on the floor as he smiled.

“At least he didn’t make fun of my score” or more like he couldn’t. Eunhyuk didn’t grab onto the last thought as he walked downstairs, showing to his mother his test and she nodded not really interested, but still… he was happy.

 

 

The next week, when Eunhyuk was cleaning the mannequin like a routine he was gladly to do as his heart skipped from time to time, but Eunhyuk just thought it was maybe because he was starting to feel the other as a human and not a thing and it was not related to those girly things about liking on crushing on someone, still he doubted his own reasons though.

“So, like I said to you. Hae and Siwon-sshi are being very close these days, is suspicious, I feel left out”

Eunhyuk pouted and then he frowned a bit.

“Maybe they’re dating, oh god!” Eunhyuk face went pale as he talk “and I always thought Hae was going to fall for an alien, to think Siwon-sshi is his type”

Eunhyuk started to laugh with his own joke and then he became silent as he glanced at the mannequin eyes, setting on the table the flannel as he took his gloves off.

“I know I already touch you and it maybe seems creepy, but these days your face looks so soft…”

Eunhyuk´s hand was so near the mannequin face and he touched the artificial skin with a poke, blinking and jerking out in horror as he fell on his astounded, opening and closing his mouth like a lost fish outside water.

“I-It’s warm!!”

Eunhyuk pinched his cheek, wincing in pain but he shook his head like if he was crazy and then he stood laughing silly.

“It can’t be true, right?”

He asked at the mannequin that didn’t replied, so Eunhyuk smacked his head, chuckling half heartedly as he sat on a chair.

“Is my mind playing tricks on me” and Eunhyuk faced the mannequin with a sad smile “maybe I must listen Hae, he told me I’m passing so much time with you, and I guess…” Eunhyuk eyes were teary as he lowered his face “is affecting me, you’re affecting me”

Eunhyuk waited for minutes, hoping the other could respond to him, but that didn’t happen and he stood.

“I will tell Hae to come and clean you tomorrow”

Eunhyuk left the room, the forgotten mannequin didn’t have the bit smile from before, but his cheeks seemed wet, it was maybe the hot weather or maybe the water Eunhyuk used to clean it but the sadness on his eyes were not an illusion.