Chapter Two

Fell for a Mannequin

 

“So you really don’t want to marry her?” asked bemused the Queen, her hand over her chest as she curved his lips downwards, turning to the King, that is watching her wife with uneasy eyes.

“Darling, why don-?”

She turned at him with a glare, tapping her feet on the marble floor.

“What? Why don’t let him choose?” she scoffed, glancing again his son, pointing at him.

“And you, young man” the boy face covered behind the fangs was waiting for her mother to finish “you will marry her”

The prince smirked, muttering.

“You wish”

The Queen gaped but turned his back to her son.

“Fine” The Queen shouted to the herald to call the high princess “Then you will tell her”

The prince shrugged, he didn’t mind, until she stepped inside the almost empty ballroom, smiling at him as he felt uncomfortable, so the prince averted his eyes.

“May I know why you called me?”

The polite voice made the prince frowned but then he lifted his face.

“I don’t want to marry you, you’re ugly”

The princess, astounded and feeling his dignity was step, walked out shouting and coursing the prince, telling him that he will be cursed until a person with good heart will fall for an icy person like him, at that time, the prince didn’t mind, but one day…

 

Eunhyuk closed the fairytale, feeling silly on how he was carried away into the story as he blinked and sighed, setting the book on the table as he walked to the mannequin that was seated on a chair, inside the Paranormal Club's classroom, watching the graceful features on the mannequin face, so flawless as he smiled a bit sad at the thought of how imperfect he was but when he sat next to the thing, Eunhyuk showed a true wide smile.

“But you know, the fairytale says that the prince was transformed not into a frog but into a statue” Eunhyuk then passed a soft flannel over the mannequin face, wiping away the remaining dust from yesterday.

“I think you’re similar, because you are like a prince with those clothes and your eyes are cold, but still you have this expression of being perfect” Eunhyuk didn’t notice the glint on the mannequin eyes as he kept talking while fixing the model clothes.

“But I bet that if you were real, your personality would be all high and annoying” Eunhyuk giggled as his comment, wincing a bit when a remaining thorn buried on his finger, so Eunhyuk took his finger to his mouth while still mumbling “but still maybe you are like roses, covered in thorns so no one can hurt you or reach you”

Eunhyuk then checked his finger, blowing some air and smiling at the now all clean and neatly mannequin, and Eunhyuk tilted his face a bit, murmuring.

“Yesterday your eyes seemed so cold, I wonder why today they seem a bit warm than before” and Eunhyuk shrugged, touching his chin in thought “maybe because I’m a great cleaner?” and he giggled again, watching in daze the mannequin before him, brushing a strand of raven hair behind the mannequin ear.

“Here, perfect!” Eunhyuk smiled tenderly at the sight, jumping a bit startled at the sound of the door opening.

“Oh, you’re still cleaning it?”

Donghae asked a bit surprised with flat tone, because this was rare, usually Eunhyuk was uninterested about anything, but then he remembered why he was there as he spoke again.

“Oh, Hyuk!! We need to go and make some research again; the principal approved officially our club!” Donghae chirmed and pouted a bit “not because my movies though” and the his face lifted “but is ok, even if it was just because that doll”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes smiling a bit.

“Is a mannequin Hae, not a doll”

“Oh, sorry, I forgot” The smaller then entangled his arm with Eunhyuk’s one “but time to go!”

 

 

Eunhyuk was watching bored the garden, it was the same creepy aura but maybe less dark since today was earlier than before, so he sighed, faking to search for something as he mind wandered about the mannequin, how perfect it was, he could even swear than if the skin were real and not that cold material, it can be soft and warm, but then he smiled, it can’t be true, because it was like Donghae told him, a doll.

“Oh, Hyuk. I found it!!” Donghae beamed, and the named lifted a brow.

“Uh?”

Donghae ran to his friend with a piece of metal on his hands; that Eunhyuk recognized as some material used to roofing.

“Hae, that’s…”

“Doesn’t matter, let’s go!”

 

 

Donghae had his face lowered and Eunhyuk felt guilty, the principal scolded them for brought that thing to his office, so Eunhyuk convince the old man that since it was in the garden behind the school, maybe it wasn’t something supernatural or extraterrestrial but at least they were making the clean on the place, so he let them go. Still… Donghae has been down since that time, waving ‘good-bye’ to Eunhyuk with a fake forced smile.

 

 

Eunhyuk pressed his lips in a thin line before a sigh escaped from his mouth as he sat flat on a chair, crossing his arm over a table and resting his head over them as his eyes were staring the mannequin seated next to him.

“You know…” Eunhyuk started unsure, but didn’t hold anything since the thing couldn’t replied him back “I made my friend upset” and Eunhyuk then felt the some tears already falling as he wiped them away before positioning himself like he was “but it wasn’t on purpose, is just…” Eunhyuk bit his lower lip “is just that I thought that if I let him do whatever he wants, he will be happy, but then…” Eunhyuk buried his face between his arms, the words mumbled “he was scolded and I know he wanted to cry, is my fault” Eunhyuk started to hiccupping as the moonlight across the window lifted the eyes of the mannequin in something that seemed like sorrow.

 

 

The next thing Eunhyuk knew was that he awoke with a jacket over him, it was warm and smell like the fresh woods in the morning after a soft rain as he smiled, snuggling his nose on the fabric, hearing a chuckle that startled him as he stood. The jacket fell on the floor as the chair.

“Who are you?”

Pointed Eunhyuk at the boy wearing the same uniform as him, he has dark intense eyes and a soft smile as he stood from the chair walking near Eunhyuk, picking his jacket before the blushing Eunhyuk as he stared at his eyes tenderly.

“You were sleeping so peaceful that it I didn’t feel it was right to wake you”

The boy stated with care on his voice as he bowed a bit.

“I’m sorry, excuse my manners. I’m Cho Siwon”

Eunhyuk blinked, taking the hand Siwon lend for a shake, the confusion plastered on Eunhyuk face.

“Oh… hi?”

Siwon chuckled and then let go the shake, picking up the chair Eunhyuk dropped before, making him blush.

“Sorry, I didn’t…”

Siwon smiled saying it was okay as he walked to the door, reading the plaque with the words ‘Paranormal Club’ as he chuckled again turning to watch Eunhyuk.

“I’m a new student here, so I guess I will pick this club, seems interesting”

Eunhyuk blushed and nodded dumbfounded, he was so embarrassed, he even spend all night on the school and didn’t take a shower and he smelled his clothes rubbing his nose.

“I guess is ok”