Hearing Things

Inevitable

A/N Hey guys, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and had a good time with their families:)

 

 

 

 

Eli's POV

I stayed at the park for 2 more hours. I was now drenched from the rain and I'm freezing. I don't care though. No matter what, I couldn't stop thinking about Kevin. It has been three years since he died but I just can't move on. There's a big part of me that doesn't want to believe he is dead but where else could he have gone? Before I knew it I started to cry again. I just missed him so much.

Kevin, if you are not dead then where are you?

At that moment I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Its probably Hoon, he must be worried

"Eli, where are you?"

"I'm at the park near the school"

"Did you forget we are going to my parents today or what?"

Oops, I actually did forget. Hoon has been begging me all month to go with him to go visit his parents and I finally gave in last week. I don't know but there was something that was telling me that I needed to go.

"Of course not! Hey can you pick me up though?"

"Aish, fine just stay there"

I quickly got up and ran to the nearest store. I forgot I told Hoon I was going to buy him something for Christmas. I ended up buying us friendship rings. A bit gay I know but it was a last minute thing. One ring had best and the other had friend on it. I made it back to the park on time right when Hoon arrived.

"Eli, why are you so wet? Did you not bring an umbrella?"

I shook my head and he sighed.

"Do you want to catch a cold?"

"Hoon you already know I don't get sick"

Its true, I never get sick. I have a really strong immune system. We both climbed into the car and I handed Hoon a box which contained Hoon's present. Hoon gasped and looked at me with a big goofy smile.

"I have the other one. It says best. When we are together it says best friends." 

Hoon smiled and gave me a suffocating hug.

"Yeah okay drive"

"Thanks Eli, I love it!"

I was glad he liked it. We quickly drove back home and started to pack. We were going to stay with Hoon's parents for a week. I wondered what kind of parents Hoon had. Were they neglectful, and always fought like mine? Or were they caring and never fought? I wondered if they were mean or nice. I also wondered if they can cook good or if they smell weird. I wonder how Kevin's Christmas's were. Kevin.......

We rode the XTZ to Busan. It took nearly three hours to get there. The ride was quiet because Hoon was taking a short nap. I couldn't stop thinking about Kevin the whole way. I just imagined ho

' Christmas would be if Kevin were still alive. I would be buying him heaps of gifts, I would hang up missle toe's(however how you spell it -_-) everywhere so we could kiss every time we stood underneath them. I would wrap him in my arms so we could both keep each other warm. I would bake him cookies and make him hot chocolate. I will cuddle up with him to keep us warm. I would ask him everyday what he wanted for Christmas and I will buy everything on his list and more. I stopped thinking for a while. My chest started to feel dark and empty just like it did at the park and I knew I was at the brink of tears. I started to think how everyday life would be with Kevin still alive. I would be holding his hand all day and I would be telling him how much I love him. I would miss him every time I would take a breath without him. I would call him every morning to tell him good morning and I would call him each night to wish him a good night. I would put all my focus and attention on Kevin.

"Eli."

"Eli...."

"Eli!" Hoon was calling me waking me up from my daze.

"Ugh yeah?"

"Get up, we're here." I stood up from my seat and grabbed my backpack and other bags I brought. Hoon did the same and we both walked out.

"So where are we meeting up with your parents?" I asked

"They said at the coffee shop" I nodded and we head off to find the closest coffee shop. We found it and noticed they were not there. We decided to buy coffee and wait until they showed up. Hoon called his parents letting them know we were here.

"They said they were gonna be here soon" I nodded and took a sip of my coffee. I started to doze off into thought when I heard a laugh M head popped up and started to scope out the area. The laugh sounded very familiar but it hasn't been heard in 3 years. No it can't be him I thought to myself. I relaxed a little ad took another sip of my coffee but then I heard a voice His voice! I thought. I ran to where I thought I heard the voice. his voice I ran and scooped the area, desperately wanting to see his face  Kevin's beautiful face. I looked around whipping my head in every direction but no Kevin. My mind must have been playing tricks with me.  Don't be an idiot Eli. What would Kevin be doing in Busan? Besides he's dead! I cringed at the last word.

"Eli, my parents are here. Come quickly so we can go!" Hoon said. I hung my head low in sadness and disappointment. Only if it were Kevin. Only if.....

Hoon's parents were standing beside Hon in the coffee shop.

"Hello, my name is Eli" I greeted while bowing. 

"Hello, my bunny here has told us quite a bit about you" I smiled and we headed off. Me and Hoon sat in the back of the car while his parents sat in the front.

"So why did you walk off all of a sudden?" Hoon asked as he was poking my side.

"OOh, I thought I heard someone familiar..."

"Oh really? Who?" I looked over at Hoon with a sad face

"I thought I heard Kevin...."

"It's okay Eli.. Stop thinking about Kevin and enjoy your time here okay?" Hoon said rubbing my hand

"Okay....".

The drive wasn't long and we quickly made it to Hoon's parent's place. They said I would be sleeping in the room next to Hoon's. I put my luggage away in the closet and slumped on the bed. Hoon was right. I need to use this time to have fun instead of making myself depressed and think about Kevin the whole time.

 

 

~Christmas Eve~

I woke up early this morning so I could go shopping for Hoon's gift. I know I bought him a friendship ring but there wasn't really much thought that was put into it so I decided to go look today. I went to the mall and to my surprise it wasn't that crowded. I guess everyone got most of their shopping done. I looked around in every store not knowing exactly what I was looking for. I decided to just buy him some bunny pajamas.

"Oh he'll love this!" there it is again!  That voice. His voice. I spun around looking in every direction but I couldn't see him. Eli stop, you're going crazy! I grabbed Hoon's present and left feeling empty again. I walked outside and it was snowing. I slipped on my mittens which I had stuffed in my pants pocket earlier. The floor was a bit icy making it easy to slip if you were not careful. I tightened my grip on the bag in my right hand which contained Hoon's gift and proceeded to the bus stop. On my way I lost my footing and slipped. I heard loud honking and noticed there was a giant truck heading my way. I tried to get up but the floor was so icy I just kept slipping back on the floor. Is this the end of the road for me? Oh well at least I get to see Kevin again. I smiled at the last thought and stopped struggling. The truck was getting dangerously close and I was prepared to die Prepared to see Kevin again. The truck was getting closer and closer and was about to hit me until a pair of hands pulled me aside away from the truck and away from Kevin.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!" I screamed angrily. I turned around to see who it was.

"You....."

 

 

 

A/N hey guys. I know it's past Christmas and they are in Christmas eve but like I would have posted this earlier but I was just too busy! I'm sorry. weelllll I hope you liked it! Buh-bye!