10 p.m.

Kiss Me in the Pouring Rain

 

The sky was a deep, dark blue with a greyish tinge caused by the almost continuous canopy of clouds. The streetlamps placed at five-meter intervals for the entire length of the busy road meant that not a single star could be seen. Rain was falling relentlessly, uncaring of the effects the large volume of water had on both the living and non-living in the bustling city.

 

Streets, storefronts and even trees were lined with tiny, golden tinkling lights. Coloured lights covered almost everything in sight and all the decorations everywhere just screamed Christmas.

 

Cars whizzed by, driving through occasional puddles and splashing water onto the pavement. Windscreen-wipers on at top speed in a desperate attempt to clear their vision, drivers cursed and swore at the heavy downpour.

 

Traffic on the road was almost at a complete standstill, some of the lights at the traffic junction had broken down. The drivers complained incessantly, upset that they would be late in getting home. Horns blaring and lights flashing, they expressed their discontent in the most disruptive way possible, short of actually resorting to violence.

 

Men in expensive business suits rushed down the streets, one hand holding onto a leather briefcase and the other holding a newspaper over their head, trying to shield themselves from the rain. Women bustled about, stiletto heels click-clacking on the concrete pavements. Their makeup-caked faces twisted into expressions of displeasure at the rain that seemed to penetrate their large, patterned umbrellas. All the people scurrying about, pushing and shoving just so that they could get out of the rain quicker.

 

Tourists bumbled about, hastily taking photos and then wrapping their expensive DSLR cameras up to avoid them getting wet. A hundred different nationalities were represented on the main street alone. European, North American, Asian, South American and much more.

 

In the middle of all the rushing about and the hustle and bustle, a tall man stood completely still. He was almost nondescript in his dark grey jeans and black hoodie paired with shiny new black Dr Martens. Despite the fact that it was late at night, a large pair of sunglasses covered half his face. His hood was pulled up such that it almost hid his face from the world.

 

A foot in front of him stood a shorter male. His slightly smaller frame could easily be mistaken for that of a young woman. He wore black skinny jeans, which hugged his long, slim legs in all the right places. These were paired with a white hoodie, hood pulled up in the exact same manner as the man he was facing. He wore a similar pair of boots, only light brown instead of black. Unlike the man in front of him though, he did not hide his face behind oversized sunglasses. His face would be completely visible if not for the hoodie he wore. His large brown eyes widened shock as a single word escaped his lips.

 

“Yunho…”

 

Yunho reached up and removed his sunglasses to get a clearer view of the man he had not seen in person for over three years. His almond-shaped eyes reflected the same level of shock. He studied the other man’s face, finding it almost exactly the same yet at the same time completely different from the one he used to wake up to every day for six years. He was beautiful, to say the least, and possessed an almost ethereal sort of beauty that Yunho had never witnessed before in any woman and definitely not any man.

 

Yunho glanced up at the tiny green bundle of leaves that hung from the sign of the shop they were standing in front of and smiled lightly.

 

“Mistletoe… “

 

He then leaned forward, capturing the smaller man’s lips in a sweet and gentle kiss. They were completely oblivious to their surroundings, completely uncaring of the fact that they were in public and that should anyone recognize them, they would be in a lot of trouble. Even worse, would be if anyone photographed or videoed them. At the moment though, being recognized was way down in their list of priorities, as was keeping dry. As they kissed each other longingly and passionately with all the emotions they had kept bottled up for over three years, the rain poured down mercilessly, soaking them down to their skin.

 

When they broke the kiss after what seemed like an eternity, Yunho held one hand to the cheek of the gorgeous man in front of him and smiled once again.

 

“I missed you, Jaejoongie…”