#14

Bad Girl Gone Good

 

 14  Bad Girl Gone Good 

Later that night after the party, the petrol officers were in the vicinity petrolling and they heard loud music booming from the dorm.
Taeyeon and Jessica got caught for partying in school property and were fined quite a sum. Taeyeon’s father had been called up by the school principal to warn him that Taeyeon had violated one of the school rules. With his whole body boiling, he made a long-distance call to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon glanced at the her phone thinking, “Appa?” Without giving it a second thought, she unlocked her phone and pressed her phone to her right cheek, unfortunately meeting with a loud howl from the other end of the line.
“KIM TAEYEON! I AM GIVING YOU A WEEK! YOU BETTER PACK YOUR STUFF AND YOU’RE GOING TO NEW YORK WITH ME! I’M GOING TO DEAL WITH YOU PERSONALLY FROM NOW ON!!” Mr Kim burst into the phone. Taeyeon pulled away the phone from her ear and grimaced. On one hand, she was happy that she would be able to see her father again. On the other hand, she could not bear to leave everyone in her school in London. Like Jessica, Kris... and especially, Sehun. Taeyeon collapsed on her bed with a blank expression plastered on her face. Everything was just going too fast for her. She wanted to clear everything up with Sehun and listen out his explanation but she was afraid. Very afraid that he would leave her.

Hearing knocks on the door, Sehun stood up and headed to the entrance. “Who is it?” he asked from inside. There was no response. He opened the door and there stood Taeyeon.
“What do you want?” Sehun asked coldly.
Taeyeon remained silent and blinked at him.
“If you have nothing to say, you shouldn’t be here... Since we’re not a couple no longer,” as he finished, he slammed the door shut on her and leaned against it.
Taeyeon frowned in sorrow as she witnessed the sight in front of her. Slowly squatting down, she wrapped her arms around her leg and buried her face into her lap.
Tears were uncontrollably seaming from her eyes.
Words started to form and she began confessing, “Sehun-ah... I’m sorry.”
She paused as she choked.
“When I first came in this school, I wanted to use you as a reason I could escape from this school. I wanted to hook up with you so that the principal would expel me. I used you.”
Taeyeon covered her face as she continued, “But over the hours, days, weeks with you, I realized that I really loved you. But yes, I still think you and Jung-Ah were cheating behind my back.” Sehun, hearing everything he shouldn’t have, rubbed his forehead in dismay and was left dumbfounded.
Sehun stood behind the door, still and heartbroken. He could hear Taeyeon sobbing and wanted to go up to her and hug her, saying everything is fine. But he was reminded of how Taeyeon decided to betray him and use him and not trust him.
He decided to get over her and live a new life... But he knew he couldn’t, realizing how much he loved her.

Taeyeon pulled out her phone and called Jessica.
“Sica-yah... Where are you now?”
“I’m on my way home with Kris, you?”
“Me too... S-Sica...” Taeyeon stammered.
“Yes?”
“I... I... Never mind, see you back at home”
Tilting her head to the side, Jessica nodded and hung up the phone.

Jessica was worried about Taeyeon. She had never been like that before, she was a cheerful and cool girl that never really had any big problems. It was the first time that she had heard Taeyeon stammer. Patting Kris’ shoulder, “Kris, you have a car... Right?” He nodded and questioned why. She asked a favour for him to send her back to her dorm as fast as possible as she suspected that something had happened to Taeyeon.

Kris, noticing something amiss, deciding to ring up Sehun.
“Yah Sehun-ah. Did Taeyeon look you up?”
“Um... Yeah why?”
“What did you say or do to her?”
“Nothing”

“Nothing?! You said nothing?! Why didn’t you clarify everything with her?” Kris blew his top.
“Actually...” Kris raised his brows in question as Sehun continued.
“Actually I said that if there was no reason that she came to find me, she shouldn’t be visiting me. And slammed the door on her.”
Kris was left speechless and glanced at Jessica beside him at the front seat murmuring to herself. He switched off his phone and held Jessica’s hands to comfort her.

As soon as they reached Taeyeon and Jessica’s dorm, Jessica rushed into their room, finding Taeyeon lying lifelessly on the bed...


“Taeyeon-ah!” Jessica called and zoomed to the bed. She was crying helplessly, thinking that Taeyeon had decided to take her life away. Kris entered to see a crying mess, and he himself also thought that Taeyeon had commited suicide. Under all the sniffling and cries by Jessica, “uh...” was heard. Kris lifted his face and met with open-eyed Taeyeon.
“Taeyeon-ssi!” he rushed beside her bed and Jessica stopped crying, seeing Taeyeon awake.
Taeyeon stood up and held Jessica’s hands.
“Why are you crying Sica-yah?”
“Yah! Why were you so lifeless! I thought you were dead!”
It was true, Taeyeon’s face was pale, colour drained out from her lips and her eyes were puffy and dead in expression.
“Haha, don’t worry! I won’t die so easily...” finishing her sentence, she lay on bed again.
“Sica-yah, Kris-ssi, would you mind if you let me sleep for a while then get back to you guys?”
Kris and Jessica nodded and put her to bed.
“She must have cried a lot...” Jessica says to herself and Kris had heard her.
“I’m going to confront that irresponsible jerk!” Kris stood up and walked to the exit when Jessica called him back.
“No! Kris!”
“But...”
“She wouldn’t want you guys to fight, trust me”


After an hour Taeyeon finally woke up, and Kris and Jessica sat around her asking her what happened.
‘’My dad is transferring me back to Korea’’
‘’Why?’’ Jessica asked
‘’Because the police had called him and they told him about the party’’
‘’When are you leaving?’’
‘’A week or so ..’’
‘’What happened with Sehun?’’ Kris asked
‘’I went over to your dorm to clear everything up with him.. it ended up with him slamming the door in my face’’
‘’That jerk!’’
‘’No.. I deserved it’’
‘’No, you didn’t!’’ Jessica said
‘’Does he know that you’re leaving?’’
‘’No.. and please don’t tell him’’
‘’Why?’’
‘’Because.. I don’t want him to know, please?’’
Jessica and Kris looked at each other for a second and then back at Taeyeon
‘’Fine..’’

 

 

 ♚ author's note 
 

cr.

">