Surprises

Arranged Marriage
  Yongguk and Junhong stared at each other, hoping they'd been dreaming for the past thirty minutes.
  Yongguk looked away, squeezed his eyes shut, and said, "Please tell me you didn't happen to be in the living room and I accidently kissed you." Junhong's face was flushed red and he gritted his teeth.
    "...I'm sorry to say...but it was me you kissed," Junhong replied. Yongguk looked back at the furious Junhong. Now a smile grew on his tanned face.
    "Why'd you lie then? You could have told me who you were," Yongguk asked.
  Junhong's face turned so red that he had to turn his attention away from Yongguk when answering, "I thought you were really handsome and wanted to get to know you."
  Face blooming red, Yongguk replied, "You found me handsome?"
    "It wasn't on purpose! If I knew it were you, I wouldn't have thought of something like that."
  Yongguk sighed and responded, "Well, at least we're supposed to act like this."
  Junhong looked at Yongguk and asked, "What do you mean by that?"
  Yongguk's smile turned into a frown, he rubbed his forehead, and he explained, "Jeongja tried to kiss me."
    "Wait...your sister Jeongja? Princess Jeongja of Jeonju?"
    "Yes," Yongguk replied with an angry sigh.
  Suddenly, Jongup and Youngjae stood beside Junhong.
    "What happened you two?" Youngjae asked with curiosity.
    "You really want to know?" Junhong questioned, now walking away to clear his head.
  Youngjae and Jongup stared at Yongguk as if they were saying wuth their eyes, "Tell us what happened."
    "I thought Junhong was a girl and I kissed him."
  Youngjae burst out in laughter saying, "You thought he was a girl and you kissed him. Hilarious! I cannot believe  you...you...You kissed Junhong?!" Youngjae realized why Yongguk was so fustrated. 
    Jongup explained, "Now that you kissed Junhong, you think you have feelings for him, don't you."
  Yongguk rubbed his forehead as if thinking that what had happened was stressful.
    "I...I honestly don't know. I thought he was a girl so technically, I don't have feelings for him...right?" Yongguk questioned.
  Junhong walked through the crowd of people and bumped into a red-head in a pink dress.
  Junhong apologized, "Oh, I'm trully sorry. Are you...okay?" Now Junhong realized the girl was Jeongja. Her hazel eyes were bloddshot , her nose was red, and her lips were trembling.
    "Wh-What's wrong Jes-" Junhong's air was suddenly sut off as he felt hands wrapped around his neck. "L-Let go...Jeongja," He manage to breathe out, only causing himself to loose even more oxygen.
  Yongguk quickly pulled Jeongja away from Junhong. Junhong gasped  for air, thankfull he could breathe again.
    "Are you alright Junhong?" Yongguk questioned.
    "I...I'm fine...It's...It's your crazy sister...who isn't," Junhong said, ready to attack Jeongja at the last word.
    "Don't make thing worse than they already are." Junhong looked angrily at Jeongja, but calmed down for Yongguk's sake.
  Jeongja exclaimed, "I was supposed to get married to Yongguk, not you, you little brat!"
  Yongguk explained, "We took you in because your kingdom was destroyed. Even if we were to wed, what would it do for the kingdom? I've only  seen you as a sister, that is all." Yongguk sighed and looked at Junhong. "Let us go."
  Junhong nodded and he, Yongguk, Jongup, and Youngjae walked along the people in the crowded hall.
 
    "She did what?!" Yongguk shouted. He'd woken up to a frightening story.
  Queen Hyo sobbed, "She jumped off her balcony." Junhong had also heard the bad news and came to console Queen Hyo.
    "Why would she do something like that?" Hyo questioned, not understanding why her precious daughter would commit suicide.
  Yongguk sighed with discontent as he answered, "She was in love with me, but I declined her and..."
  Hyo stood and graabbed Yongguk's collar, questioning, "Why didn't you accept it then?! If you would have she wouldn't have-"
    "She wanted the kind of love a husband and wife should only share!" Yongguk shouted at his mother. Hyo let go of her son 's collar and sat back down. She almost missed the chair, causing Queen Ming to come and asist her.
  Queen Ming suggested, "How about you and Yongguk go and cool off while I take care of Hyo."
    "Yes mother," Junhong agreed. He threw his arm across Yongguk's stomach and walked out of the room with him.
 
    "Yongguk...Yongguk," Junhong whispered. He and Yongguk sat in his bedroom. It was silent and Junhong was  really trying his hardest to get Yongguk to talk.
    "It was my fault that she killed herself," Yongguk finally said. Tears began to well in Junhong's eyes.
    "No it isn't, it's mine. If I hadn't come along she wouldn't have-"
    "No! I don't want you blaming yourself for things anymore," Yongguk interrupted, holding Junhong's cheeks.
  Junhong was startled by the pair of lips that laid on his. They were so soft and they consoled him, but now wan't the time for sweet kisses.
  Junhong pulled away from Yongguk and exclaimed, "Why would you do such a thing?"
    "I...I think I'm in love with you," Yongguk confessed.
  Junhong stared at Yongguk with shock. He was unsure of how such short time together could turn them from enemies, to friends, to a one-sided love.
    "H-How is that even possible?" Junhong questioned, unable to look away from Yongguk, even though his cheeks bloomed red.
    "I...I'm not sure. Ever since we've made that symphony together...Ever since I've craddled you in my arms...I couldn't stop thinking about you," Yongguk answered. He sighed and nodded, "The kiss we shared truly sealed the deal."
  Junhong stared at Yongguk before he began giggling.
    "How could the handsome rich prince of Jeonju fall for such a selfish boy like me?" Junhong asked with a chuckle.
    "You made me," Yongguk replied, ceasing Junhong's laughter.
  Junhong got up off his bed and exclaimed, "Just forget about me. I'm going to end up ruining your life anyway."
  Yong0Guk rised from the bed and questioned, "How are you so sure of that?"
    "The piano practice."
    "You helped me."
    "The bow and arrow."
    "It was and accident; you just let go of the arrow too quickl."
  Tears began to appear across the bottom of Junhong's eyes.
    "The kiss in the living room," Junhong said.
    "I forced myself on you because I love you," Yongguk explained, now holding onto Junhong's arm. "I love you and if you can't accept it now I'll wait. I'll wait until the end of eternity just for-"
    "No!" Junhong shouted, pulling out of Yongguk's grip.
 
  That night, at dinner, the families were rather silent.
    "So~, how about we discuss the wedding colors," King Hong exclaimed.
  Yongguk answered, "I don't think Junhong and I will be getting married afterall." 
  Queen Ming questioned, "Why?"
  Junhong replied, "I truly feel guilty for Jeongja's death..." Junhong sighed. "The night of the ball, Yongguk mistakened me for a woman and...we ended up kissing...before that...Yongguk was walking around the balroom and Jeongja tried to kiss him, telling him that she wanted to kiss him, telling him that she wanted to at least not act as siblings for the night."
  Everyone stared at Junhong in shock.
  Queen Hyo stated, "What a stupid reason to kill herself. Jeongja already knew I wouldn't approve of her and Yongguk courting, why even try?"
 Yongguk sighed with sadness and exclaimed, "I wanted to be an easy marriage. I believe once Junhong and I became friends, everything would go fine, but it just ended up in a disaster." At the end of his sentence, Yongguk and said the last comment as he left the dining room.
    "Then I guess...we'll return to the kingdom of Suwon."
  Junhong, furious slammed his utensils and exited the dining room. This was certainly not how he wanted it to end.