Closer Than Before

Arranged Marriage
   Yongguk made his way back into the ballroom the next next morning to find Junhong playing the symphony he and Yongguk created together, but it was much longer than they made it.
  Junhong turned to Yongguk and greeted, "Good morning Yongguk."
    "Morning to you as well," Yongguk said, making his way to the piano. "I see you've gotten better, but why aren't you playing that other symphony?"
  Junhong's face bloomed red and he turned away from Yongguk, explaining, "After playing it so many times, I've decided to continue with this one; I decided to make it a little longer."
    "Oh really, let me hear it," Yongguk requested, sitting beside Junhong. Junhong looked at Yongguk, his face still red, and then looked back at the piano, beginning the song.
  After twenty minutes of the new symphony, Yongguk amazed by the extravagant melody.
    "You really liked it?" Junhong questioned.
    "Yeah, I didn't know you had such a great talent."
  Blushing, Junhong replied, "Th-Thank you."
  Yongguk smiled, sighed, and exclaimed, "I hear your birthday is coming up soon."
    "Isn't yours as well?" Junhong questioned, remembering Yongguk's birthday was a day before his.
    "Yeah, but I believe my birthday party will probably be at eleven to twelve o'clock, therefore, running into your birthday. We won't have two birthday celebrations, just one."
    "Makes sense."
  The two boys looked at each other and smiled.
 
 
    "Look at them," Jongup said, looking at Junhong and Yongguk. The four Princes stood outside, practicing bow and arrow.
    "Tsk, teaching him to use a bow and arrow," Youngjae muttered. "I thought he was good with weapons."
  Jongup corrected, "No, I believe he's good with military strategy."
    "Oh, who cares! Last time I checked, Yongguk was our friend!"
    "Look, you hold it like that," Yongguk told Junhong as he showed him how to hold a bow and arrow.
    "Oh, like this right?" Junhong said, holding the bow and arrow a little too high.
    "Just a little lower," Yongguk said, lowering Junhong's arms. Junhong suddenly got goose bumps from Yongguk's gentle touch.
    "Okay, go ahead and shoot," Yongguk ordered, stepping back. An apple was throw into the air and, without hesitation, Junhong let go of the bow.
  In a flash, Junhong watched as the apple stayed in place and Yongguk began pulling him down.
  Junhong questioned, "Yongguk, what's..." When Junhong looked back, the arrow was caught in Yongguk's arm. "Oh god." Junhong looked at the arrow, trying to figure out how he'd pull it out.
    "Just pull it out," Yongguk shouted.
  Jongup and Youngjae were now standing beside Junhong.
    "I...I can't, you're whole arm will be ripped apart.
    "Ugh, I'll do it," Jongup said in annoyance. He kneeled down beside Yongguk and quickly pulled out the arrow.
  Yongguk shouted and blood began to gush out. Yongguk's arm was slashed, but not as bad as they thought.
 
 
    "My poor dear, I hope it heals soon," Hyo said as she finished patching up the wound on Yongguk's arm.
  Yongguk was carried into into the house by Youngjae and Jongup while Junhong just, some how, disappeared.
    "W-Where's Junhong," Yongguk asked.
  Queen Hyo sighed and replied, "He's in his room."
    "Why is he hiding from me?" Yongguk questioned with a light chuckle.
    "He...He feels really bad."
    "I have to go see him," Yongguk said, leaving his mother's room.
 
  Junhong sat in his room, beating himself up for hurting Yongguk.
    "Junhong, can I come in?" Yongguk asked, slowly entering the room. Junhong turned to Yongguk and Yongguk looked at his fiancé with shock. Junhong's eyes were as red as blood and his room was a mess.
    "D-Don't come near me. I almost killed you," Junhong demanded, backing up as Yongguk walked closer to him.
  Yongguk smiled and replied, "But I'm better now. I'm still alive. We can still be friends; I'm not-"
    "No! You should be mad. I almost took your life. I can never keep a friend. I always end up hurting someone." Yongguk, ignoring Junhong's complaints, kneeled on the ground and hugged Junhong, cradling the minor in his arms.
    "Yongguk-"
    "Sh...I'm fine; you have nothing to worry about. Your seventeen aren't you, be a man," Yongguk interrupted, teasing Junhong.
  Junhong looked up at Yongguk and smiled, resting his head on the other's arm.
    "You're not as selfish as I thought you'd be."
  The two boys sat on the floor for a while before Yongguk stood, helping Junhong up.
    "How about we clean up your room?" Yongguk said, smiling at Junhong.
    "Yeah," Junhong replied looking away as his cheeks turned red.
  The princes began cleaning Junhong's room. A maid passed by and asked, "Do you need help your highness."
  Yongguk stood up and answered, "No, just inform my father that he must purchase a new dressing table, for my fiancé, with a mirror and a chair as well. The best of the best."
  The maid responded, "Very well, I shall inform him." Junhong looked at Yongguk with surprise.
    "What's up with you all of a sudden?" Junhong questioned.
    "We're engaged aren't we? Can't I buy you things?"
  Junhong face flushed red and he looked away saying, "I...I never thought of it that way."
 
 
    "We've decided to have a large party for both you and Junhong, Yongguk," King Joon exclaimed.
    "When?" Yongguk asked. His birthday was only two days away.
    "Tomorrow of course," Queen Hyo answered.
    "Both families will be there so it will be masquerade party."
    "You mean we have to wear masks?" Junhong questioned, worried.
    "Yes," Queen Ming replied.
    "Everyone will arrive at a different time so we won't be seeing each other in the halls.
  This would probably be the best and most memorable birthday party ever.