Masquerade Ball

Arranged Marriage
  As the moon arose from behind the large clouds, the royal friends and families made their way to the ballroom. People had come earlier for the small birthday party thrown and were now dressed in elegant attire and unique masks.
  Yongguk wore a white shirt under his black vest, black slacks, and a pair of the most expensive, costum-made shoes. His mask was white, covering only his eyes.
  Junhong wore his hair down, his mask was silver with wings on both sides. He wore a white shirt, black slacks, and custom-made shoes.
  Princess Jeongja wore a pink dress, her butterfly mask hiding half of her face. King Hong and Joon had gold masks with different designs and Queen Hyo and Ming wore beautiful masks with different designs.
  King Hong left his room first, then King Joon, Queen Hyo, Queen Ming, Princess Jeongja, Prince Junhong and Prince Yongguk left there rooms, one after the other.
  Yongguk scanned the ballroom. There were so many people with similar dresses. Yongguk was going crazy; he couldn't figure out who anyone was.
  A girl walked up to Yongguk and kissed him on the cheek.
    "Hello Prince Yongguk." Yongguk turned to her and smiled.
    "Nice try Jeon, but I can-" Yongguk was caught off by the lips that covered his. He quickly pushed Jeongja and questioned, "What in the world is wrong with you?"
    "Can I not act as your sister for one night?" Yongguk looked at Jeongja with confusion and disgust. Now he left her by the dining table, alone. Yongguk quickly changed his mask so Jeongja would not follow him and returned to the ball.
  Junhong walked around the ballroom. His entire family seemed to be here. Junhong stood by the wine table and reached for a glass of white wine, watching as the crowd talked and danced.
  Now he felt another hand on his. He turned to see a man in a gold mask.
    "Oh...I'm sorry," Junhong apologized, his cheeks turning red.
    "No, go ahead, you can have it. One question though," the man said.
    "Wh-What is it?"
    "Why is such a pretty girl wearing men's attire?"  Junhong's face turned completely red and he turned away from the boy.
    "I...I like it. It suits me," Junhong answered, playing along.
    "Well, if that's so," The boy replied with a smile. Junhong watched as the boy kissed his hand before walking away.
    "Seems as though you and that handsome lad are acquainting rather well. Must be from the Jeonju bloodline," one of Junhong's relatives commented.
 
  Junhong was enjoying himself at the ball. He had danced with a few women who thought he was a man and a few men who thought he was a woman.
    "Hey, it's you." Junhong turned to see the man from earlier standing behind him.
    "Hello," Junhong greeted.
    "How about we go to a quieter place. I'd really like to get to know you."
 
  Yongguk was having so much fun at the masquerade ball. He got to know much of Junhong's family and reunited with most of his own. Now he held the soft hand of a girl, making his way to the living room.
    "Do you really think this is okay?" The girl asked. Yongguk looked back at her. He was sure she had to be from Junhong's family and he knew what he was doing was wrong, but he couldn't help it, she was just really pretty.
    "Yeah, I'm a part of this family so it should be fine."
  The two made their way into the living room. Yongguk sat at the piano and began playing.
    "Do you know how to play the piano," Yongguk asked. The girl nodded and sat beside him. She began playing a symphony. She stopped and looked at Yongguk.
    "I know every key on the piano and I just recently learned a new song," the girl stated.
    "Let's test your skills then," Yongguk said.
    "It's a challenge," the girl replied. Yongguk removed the sloth that sat on the living room couch and tied it around the girls eyes. Yon-Guk took the girl's hand and rest a finger on a key.
    "A...C...G flat...F sharp...E flat..." Now the girl felt soft skin press against her fingers.
  Yongguk couldn't help himself; he put the girl's fingers on his lips. The girl quickly removed the cloth to see where her fingers were. Yongguk let go of her hand and they stared at each other.
  Without warning, the girl kissed Yongguk. Yongguk kissed her back, holding her cheek.
  Yongguk quickly pulled away and sighed with anger.
    "I really shouldn't be doing this, I have a fiancé," Yongguk confessed.
    "I as well," the girl said with discontent.
    "How about we make our way back to the ballroom," Yongguk exclaimed.
    "Yes."
  The two made their way back to the ballroom which was quiet, for someone was speaking.
    "Now, we shall remove our masks. Once removing out masks, we may be amazed by the ones we've talked to tonight or we might have already known."
    "After this," the girl began, drawing Yongguk's attention. "We should become friends."
    "Certainly," Yongguk agreed.
  A bell rang and everyone removed their masks.
  As Yongguk and the girl removed their masks, they said in unison, "You never told me your...name."
    "Junhong!" "Yongguk!" The two shouted in unison, staring at each other in shock.
  This was one crazy masquerade ball.
 
 

Here are some of the masks worn at the ball. 8)

Prince Yongguk:

ballparty4_zpsd25a3a81.jpeg

Prince Junhong:

ballparty3_zps4b0133b7.png

Princess Jeongja:

ballparty1_zps2f9da266.jpeg

King Hong

Queen Hyo:

King Joon:

ballparty6_zpsc4fec7e4.jpeg

Queen Ming:

ballparty5_zps8a252f7e.jpeg