The Prince's Complaints

Arranged Marriage
  The Prince breathed heavily, trying to control his horse as he road through the town of Jeonju, making his way to his castle. The Prince had blonde hair, brown eyes, and a well-built body.
    "Prince Yongguk, you've returned," the butler greeted as Yongguk walked into the castle.
    "Where is my father?" Yongguk questioned, his face red with anger.
  The butler replied, "He's in his office." Yongguk looked at the butler, as if to warn him not to follow, and made his way to the large, white doors down the hall. Yongguk burst through the doors.
  Startled, King Hong slightly jumped and exclaimed, "Were you trying to give your father a heart attack?! What seems to be the problem?" Yongguk stood in front of his father, his palms resting on top of the desk.
    "Why didn't you tell me Junhong was a guy?" Yongguk replied.
  King Hong sat up and answered, "I thought you already knew." A few weeks back, Prince Yongguk was told that since he was already twenty-two, he ought to get married. Junhong was the daughter of King Joon and Queen Ming...or so Yongguk thought.
    "How is that possible? Every picture you've shown me, I see a girl with pink hair, hazel eyes, and the cutest pair of dimples. Not some boy," Yongguk exclaimed.
  King Hong sat up and answered, "Junhong was, for the most part, treated like a girl, but he knows how to ride a horse, fight in combat, and he has good war strategies."
  Yongguk sighed with anger and responded, "I'm not marrying him."
    "What'd you say?" The King asked.
    "I'm not marrying Prince Junhong," Yongguk replied through gritted teeth.
  The King explained, "You just have to marry him. After that, you don't even have to see each other. You can go your own way and he'll go his own way. It doesn't have to be a commitment of everlasting love."
    "I won't do it!" Yongguk declared. With that, he left his father's office. Suddenly, he felt a hard hit on his shoulder as he walked down the hall, too deep in his thoughts. "Oh, I'm sorry umma," Yongguk apologized.
    "It's fine dear," Queen Hyo reassured. "Why are you in such a rush?" The Queen questioned.
    "I was just discussing the marriage arrangements with father," Yongguk answered.
    "Oh, about Junhong," The Queen chuckled.
    "Wh-What's so funny?" Yongguk asked his umma.
  Queen Hyo answered, "It would be amazing to see that boy in a white dress."
    "You too! I am not getting married to a guy! I refuse even if it affects our alliance with his kingdom."
  Queen Hyo lightly snickered before placing her hand on Yongguk's cheek and exclaiming, "Don't worry, we won't force you to kiss or anything like that. Just marry him and then you can do whatever you want." Yongguk sighed with annoyance, he just heard the same thing from his father.
 
 
    "So what do you plan to do Yongguk?" A friend asked. Yongguk stood outside, shooting arrows with his friends Prince Youngjae of Jeju and Prince Jongup of Wonju.
    "I may have no choice but to wed Junhong," Yongguk explained with an angry sigh. He raised his bow and aimed for a flying dove. "But I will not kiss or do anything of the sort with him," He clarrified, letting go of the arrow.
    "Just think of it as if you and I had to wed to help our kingdoms have a better alliance," Youngjae teased, shooting his arrow.
    "That'd be fine because we're best friends. Therefore, the thought of kissing wouldn't run through our minds," Yongguk stated.
    "And I'll just be left on the side, huh," Jongup murmured, being the last to shoot his arrow. Yongguk walked over to Jongup and nudged him.
    "Don't worry, you can be the maid of honor," Youngjae joked.
    "Haha, very funny," Jongup mumbled, pushing his black his hair out of his face.
 
  Yongguk made his way to his room and put away his bow and arrow.
    "Seems as though you were having fun." Yongguk turned to see his sister, Princess Jeongja, at the door. Jeongja was actually his adopted sister; Jeongja had hazel eyes and red hair.
    "What's it to you?" Yongguk questioned as he removed his shirt and tossed it in the laundry basket.
    "Well, you've come back just in time," Jeongja began. Yongguk could hear as her dress slid across the floor and watched her in the mirror as she leaned on one of the bed posts.
    "The royalty of Suwon are visiting."
  Yongguk sharply turned and shouted, "What?! What for?"
    "To see their son-in-law in person," Jeongja teased.
    "Ugh," Yongguk growled. "What time must I be ready?"
  Jeongja made her way back to the door and replied, "Sixteen o'clock would be reasonable."
    "Alright."
  Yongguk was definitely not ready to meet his wife-to-be in person. This would be the time that he'd completely disagree with the arranged marriage.