Be Mine

Ttalgiya's Meme One Shot Collection

Listen to me while you read~

               First day back at school from break and everyone is already over it.  All I hear is people grumbling about how they don’t want to be here because they’re too tired to do anything school related.  I personally think school is alright and I don’t really mind the assignments we’re given.  But I think the main reason why I can get through each day is because of him.

                I was casually playing games on my phone at my desk until I saw a familiar dark brown haired boy walked through the front door.  His neatly styled hair enhanced his features, making him look more beautiful than a woman.  He made our school uniform look really classy even though he was carrying a regular backpack by one of its straps.  Everyone is jealous of his appearance, including me.

                When his eyes met mine, a small smile formed on his face.  He walked over and sat down in the chair beside me.  “Hey beautiful,” he grinned.

                “Ha, shut up Hyunseung,” I replied “We both know who the beautiful one really is.”

                He let out a small laugh as he propped up his elbow on the desk before resting his chin on his hand.  “So, tell me how your break was.”

                “You know exactly how it was,” I replied while I looked through my phone “I was all alone because you went off on a family vacation that you didn’t want to go to.”

                Hyunseung put his hand over my phone screen and said “Hey, if I could’ve brought you with me or if I could’ve stayed then you know I would have.” 

                “Yeah, I know…” I patted his hand before we both had to turn towards the front since class was starting.  Hyunseung and I have been friends ever since he moved here a couple of years ago.  He was actually really quiet and kept everything to himself.  A lot of people wanted to be his friend because he had an appealing appearance.  But that was pretty much it for their list of reasons why they wanted to befriend him. 

                Back then, I was a geeky mess and got constantly bullied until he stood up for me.  After that day, we both started to gain more confidence and slowly became the close friends that we are today.  We’re actually on the line between ‘friends’ and ‘boyfriend and girlfriend.’  We know that we have feelings for each other but we both agreed to not get into a serious relationship since it might hurt our friendship.   

                As time went by, the teacher’s lecture came to an early end, giving us students extra time in class.  Hyunseung and I turned our desks to face each other so we could talk more about what happened over break. 

                “Really, though, how was your break?” he asked, smiling softly at me while patting my hands.

                Shrugging, I said “It was okay.  I mostly read and stuff.”

                “Wow…” he replied “You really don’t know how to have fun by yourself, huh?” He laughed while nudging my foot with his.

                “Ya!  I know how to have fun by myself!” I hit his foot away from mine “My idea of fun is just different from yours.” 

                “Oh really now?” he grinned, nudging my foot with his again.  “Well, do you want to know what I did for fun?”

                I glared at him as I knew exactly where this was going.  Leaning back in my chair, I folded my arms across my chest.  “What did you do?”

                His grin widened as he leaned forward, resting his chin on his hand again.  “My family and I were having a dinner with their friends at this fancy restaurant and one of them had a daughter around our age.  We were introduced to one another and were even placed to sit next to each other at the dinner table.  She was nice and kind of pretty too.” I felt my face harden and my heart drop, but I let him continue.  “Afterwards, we went out for a walk in the city, which was when she invited me back to the hotel she was staying in.”

                “Jang Hyunseung!” I yelled, slamming my hands down on the desk.  “You better not have did what I think you did!”  Everyone in the room began to look in our direction.

                “Ya, calm down,” he said in a hushed voice.  He waited until everyone went back to their own conversations before continuing ours.  “I didn’t do anything with her.”

                “Oh sure you didn’t,” I replied sarcastically.

                “I did not,” he said in a serious tone “I told her that I had a girlfriend.  I wasn’t really lying but there’s a girl that I really like who likes me back so that’s close enough to it, isn’t it?  But anyway, I told her that she’s a nice girl and all, but she isn’t my future.”  As if my face wasn’t red enough, he then grabbed my hand.  “You are.  You’re my future.”

                I continuously hit my feet lightly against his underneath the table.  “Stop lying.  That didn’t happen,” I said with a heated face.  “You didn’t say that to her.”

                “Why don’t you believe me?” he pouted before planting his head on the desk.  “You know you’re the only girl I can ever really connect with.”  He tapped his foot against mine as he looked up at me with sad eyes.  I knew he was telling the truth and I was just being in denial.

                “I do believe you,” I smiled “I’m sorry.”

                He tapped my foot again as he smiled back.  I then glared at him instantly.  “Stop it,” I said, hitting him back.  He did the exact opposite of what I demanded and began tapping both of my feet.  We laughed as we went back and forth hitting each other until the bell brought our footsies war to an end.

                “Ah, it’s lunch time,” said Hyunseung as he stood up from the desk before putting it back to its original position.  He placed mine back as well after I stood up. 

                “I wasn’t able to make our lunches today so I brought money instead,” I pulled out my wallet “Let’s go to the cafeteria, ne?”

                “I can’t let you pay…”

                “No, let me.  I never get to pay when I’m around you.”

                He didn’t bother to argue with me so we both headed to the cafeteria.  Unfortunately, there weren’t that many options and most of them looked unappealing.  In the end, I bought us fruit salads with water.  We sat at a faraway lunch table since we don’t like to be surrounded by a bunch of people.  When I sat down, Hyunseung sat right beside me.  Which is weird since he usually sits across of me.

                “What are you doing?” I asked, opening the plastic lid of the bowl filled with fruit.

                He reached over and grabbed a grape, popping it into his mouth.  “I can’t sit by you?”

                “Hey!  You have your own,” I argued, moving my bowl away from him.  “You’re being really strange today.”

                “How so?” he asked while opening his fruit salad.  He picked up his fork and stabbed a piece of honey dew melon before bringing it to his lips. 

                As he took small bites, I said “Well, the story you told me about the girl and the fact that you’re being more intimate than usual.  Do you want to explain to me what has gotten into you?”

                He then rested his head on my shoulder as he brought another honey dew melon to his lips.  “I just miss you, okay?” he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.  He looked up at me while bringing the melon to my face.  “Take a bite.  It tastes wonderful.”  As I did, he asked “Any subject you’re worried about again this year?”

                “I’m really not looking forward to science class,” I replied, enjoying the flavors that danced around on my taste buds.  I’ve always like the green fruit.  In fact, it’s my favorite of the fruits in the fruit bowl.  “I never understood science.  It doesn’t make sense to me.”

                My eyes widened as I felt Hyunseung’s body press closely against mine.  “I can tutor you, if you know what I mean…” he softly whispered into my ear.  My eyes widened even more and I also felt my cheeks turn red.  Seriously, what has gotten into him?

                “Shut up,” I replied harshly as I shoved him away.  I jabbed my fork in an apple slice before eating it quickly.

                Laughing, he then held up a kiwi to my face.  “Come on, you know you love it when I flirt with you.”  As I was about to eat the kiwi, he quickly pulled it away and ate it himself.

                “Tch, more like teasing.” I stuck my tongue out at him before moving down the table, trying to get away from him.  I have to admit that I do like his flirting, but it also makes me upset because its as far as we can get without crossing over the line to the ‘couple’ side.  I really wish we could be a couple, but…our friendship…

                Hyunseung suddenly grabbed my chin gently so he could turn my head to face him.  “Will you stop being so difficult?” he then leaned in to plant a soft kiss on my lips.  “Just be my girlfriend already.”

Hyunseung and I played footsies under the table and as he slid closer to me at the lunch table he said “I can tutor you, if you know what I mean…”

 

Written by: Kiwi923

Ugh I'm really bad with titles at times... So it's the same as the song title OTL Isn't the english cover amazing though? *^* Thank you for reading!~